Days of Future Past Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's Comic Con, everyone there knows the source material - Fassbender could've just been referencing it.

Would still be misleading, when everyone there is expecting details about the film and he randomly says that while they are talking about the films quicksilver? very very misleading and probably wouldn't have been wise of him

I'd say right now its about 80% likely they are father and son

Last edited:
At the Rated-X event when asked about scarlett witch Singer said there will be winks or hints to scarlett witch or maybe just him having a sister

we have hints to those things but we won't see her in this movie

At the Rated-X event when asked about scarlett witch Singer said there will be winks or hints to scarlett witch or maybe just him having a sister

They did shoot at the Maximoff residence so it's possible they show pics or some room that belongs to a girl. Also the possibility of Magneto mentioning Wanda to Quicksilver. Well if they are related.

we have hints to those things but we won't see her in this movie

So Scarlet Witch is 'a thing', Singer?

nice way to say it :yay:

Singer's public speaking abilities leave much to be desired. I've been trying to transcribe stuff from Rated X and SDCC and he's the most egregious when it comes to pausing and changing the direction of his answers.

I would say "those things" are obviously connections and relationships to Quicksilver and Magneto. Easter eggs.

"things" was appropriate.

Be grateful he said anything at all :), he isn't under obligation to tell fans anything until the films release. People seem to forget that and think filmmakers should tell every detail. We can but hope for more info. I just want the trailer

Some filmmakers aren't best public speakers.That's why they work behind the camers.

I think October will be another dry month in terms of news, but November with the releases of Thor and Hunger games is more likely that we get some stuff. For sure by December the trailer will be attached to Hobbit, if it wasn't attached to Hunger Games or Thor.

Clearly he's not the most at home with the press, and I can't blame him.
I think that's what it is. When he's in front of a lot of people he seems to get tough tied and doesn't really think about his words before he speaks them. Even one on one interviews.

I wonder what happened to quicksilver then? How to explain him not being in the original trilogy ? Whatever, he is having a small role anyways, I need NEWS. Any hope for NY comic con????

Also, he would have to be born before the events of FC. I doubt they'd squeeze in some sort of long lost son angle in there.

He could've had some back in Europe, but I don't foresee them giving him any type of accent. They could, but I doubt it. Or the kids could've been put up for adoption (which would certainly be appropriate) and then adopted by Americans almost immediately. Who knows? They may not explain how he and his hinted-at sister wound up where they are if they do acknowledge the familial bonds with Magneto, but all it takes is the imagination!

As for why they wouldn't have appeared in the films that take place after FC and DoFP's 1973, they were never cut out to be villains. That's what led to their leave from the Brotherhood and their eventual joining with the Avengers. But I always imagined - should Magneto be his father in the film - that Wolverine might explain to the younger Magneto that the Sentinels kill Pietro and Wanda in the future as a means to ground Erik and encourage him to work with them to stop the "war before it ever happens." Which might also explain why Pietro's role is rather limited and why he may not be featured in the climax... his father doesn't want to take the chance. All speculation, of course!

The fact that quicksilver is a young mutant/teenager makes me think they did it to match magnetos age to make it realistic for him to have fathered a child/twins, otherwise singer could have made quicksilver in his 20s no problem.

And magneto could have got a girl pregnant young, it happens.

Last edited:
On the topic of Pietro, next time you watch FC, look at Erik's hit list of photos when he's first introduced in 1962. Among, obviously, Shaw and the French banker, there's one picture (right under Shaw) that seems to stick out; a portrait of a pretty young lady. I speculate it could be Magda, and that he might have some unfinished business with her. :o

It will be interesting to see how they explain Pietro's presence. Thus far, Magneto hasn't been the romantic type in the films, unless we count his bromance with Xavier or his fondness for blue scaly naked women.

'Still not very romantic... unless you count the extended version of the bedroom scene where Erik asks Raven to shapeshift into Charles. He melted right down into quite the romancer then!

Wasn't Shaw suppose to have had killed Erik wife and child in FC? Like early on in production or something?

I'm not familiar with that, but it'd be interesting if he did, maybe after the twins were born and he killed Magda and Anya (I believe her name was.) Though I think Erik already had incentive enough. Maybe that was in the Magneto prequel script that was slightly worked into what became FC?

I think October will be another dry month in terms of news, but November with the releases of Thor and Hunger games is more likely that we get some stuff. For sure by December the trailer will be attached to Hobbit, if it wasn't attached to Hunger Games or Thor.

Yeah I think it will be and if we don't get a trailer in November, then November will be another quiet month for DOFP with a few new interviews from the cast/crew, just like October/September. But its okay for me, I can wait and next year will be a busy year for the X-Men film franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"