Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 2

Discussion in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' started by Thread Manager, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GuestStar2004

GuestStar2004 Well-Known Member

There stands good chance that we may get another first class film set in the 80s at some point with cyclops and jean, i honestly wouldn't rule it out

It has an impressive cast to waste

But at the same time i also wouldn't be surprised if we got an Xmen 4 after DOFP

2. laytonc32

laytonc32 Well-Known Member

I think there might be a film set in the 80s with Apocalypse as the villain. I can't see another X-Men movie with Stewart and Mckellan. They will just be too old to play those characters.

3. laytonc32

I think if it s a cameo like Thanos it works. He is a cool villain, but I would rather him get a whole story to himself with his horseman and Sinster.

4. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

Patrick Stewart will always be the best Professor X but I think its better that they give him a proper send-off than to just appear in every X-Men movie and have the same role over and over again.

At this point, a X-Men 4/5 movie has more potential for success. I don't think FOX would make another First Class movie just to feature the "talented cast" of FC and introduce the younger version of Cyke, Ororo and Jean. They already released a First Class movie before and it didn't get a lot of money. I don't think they would want to go in that route again.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  5. Nave 'Torment'

Nave 'Torment' Vigilante Detective

Maybe the next "X-Men" movie will dare to be something other than being just "X4" or "FC2"

Like this one.

Technically speaking, they never called The Last Stand X3.

6. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

when fans use X3 or X4, they are just codenames. It doesnt mean we want the movies to be called like that.

The thing is to do a fourth movie with full original cast.

DOFP has 8 original actors, but we still need Marsden, Grammer, Cumming and the rest of the crew.

7. Norek

Norek Yvonne Strahotski <3

See, I hate comments like that.. "Jack Nicholson will always be the best Joker", "Christopher Reeve will always be the best Superman" and so on.

Not that I have anything against Patrick Stewart, on the contrary, I think he's given us one of the best on-screen interpretations of a comic book character ever, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Up until FC, he was the first and only interpretation of the character, and now we got McAvoy who played a much younger version of the character before he became Professor X. Besides, he plays a younger version of Stewart's version in particular, and so far in just one movie, so it's kinda difficult to compare them.

So just because he's the first doesn't necessarily mean he'll always be the best. Or, that you'll never find a better actor for the role. This is very close-minded, to say the least. It's like setting yourself up for disappointment when he eventually gets re-cast by saying things like that, no matter who lands the role next.

8. Norek

No, they just slapped Wolverine's three claws on the X on the poster like that for no reason:

[​IMG]

9. psylockolussus

Well until someone portrayed Professor X better than Patrick Stewart, he will always be the best Professor X.

And we already had James McAvoy as Professor X (which I really liked) but I still prefer Patrick Stewart's portrayal of FOX.

And who says about the first one is always the best? I don't prefer the straight to DVD Captain America than Chris Evans.

10. Norek

This is a different comment than the one you made before, and still it's kinda weird to say, given we only have one version of Professor X so far. Best out of what? Of him and his younger self? I think Steward and McAvoy will be a bit more comparable once DOFP hits, but we were talking about an actor who can replace Steward as an older (and present day) Professor X, or at least that was the impression I was left with.

We see eye to eye on this one 100%.

I was talking about the more successful castings of certain characters, the one that got them right from the beginning, like Jack Nicholson as the Joker. Even they are not immune to being challenged by a good re-cast.

11. psylockolussus

And I also forgot to mention that I prefer Anne Hathaway's portrayal of Catwoman over Michelle Preiffer and Halle Berry.

12. Mulholland-Jr

Mulholland-Jr Well-Known Member

Julie Newmar has yet to be topped. :)

13. Alison Blaire

Alison Blaire Well-Known Member

Everybody wants Famke Janssen & James Marsden returns,especially Famke.
    Would love to see Rebecca Romijn, she is the true Mystique.

14. laytonc32

Yeah I agree, and fore instance as good as Ledger was, I am sure someone will top him eventually as the Joker.

15. JP

JP Smelly

New McAvoy quotes:

http://www.mtv.co.uk/news/james-mcavoy/378072-james-mcavoy-trance-x-men-james-bond-daniel-craig

16. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

exciting words from James!

17. Storm22

Storm22 Well-Known Member

It's pretty clear now that most of the film takes place in the seventies so I highly doubt the only First Class actors returning are Lawrence, McAvoy, Fassbender and Hoult. I'd say there's a good chance we'll get Caleb Landry and Lucas Till back and maybe Rose Byrne.

18. Duran Man

Duran Man The Seventh Stranger

I have resigned myself to the probability that Lucas Till and Cleb Landry Jones won't be back as Havok and Banshee:csad:. The characters may still return as recasts[​IMG] but they may not return at all:csad:.

19. ThePowerCosmic

The X-films give all of the characters in the massive group their time?

Sounds like some Fox ballsucking on MacAvoy's part, because that's not true. I like the guy, but this is just what actors do, so I'll have to accept it.

20. Great Mind(s)

Great Mind(s) Broken

Maybe he just means X2...

21. marvelrobbins

marvelrobbins Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be so sure on that.We have 8 from trilogy In film vs 4 from First Class.
    Yes they have major ones who survived first Class but they have dropped the
    entire first Class supporting cast.That's strange If most of film takes place In
    1973.Kinda strange they would bring back so many of OT cast for only a small
    part of film and yet drop the first Class supporting cast.That's like after first X-Men dropping most of cast except for Xavier,Magneto,Wolverine,and Rogue.

Even If the future scenes only take between 30 and 40 minutes of at least 2 hours(Not counting credits) It remains very strange to drop all supporting cast members from first Class If between 1 hour and 20 minuses to 1 hour and 30 minutes of film Is set In 1973.

22. MarvelU

MarvelU Well-Known Member

I think it will be even, I expect a few X-Men from the future to die and thus somebody from the future return to the past and prevents all of this. Thus it kinda makes sense to have the main plot set in the 70s since the X-Men from the 70s are trying to prevent a terrible future.

23. Tacit Ronin

Tacit Ronin Well-Known Member

Yea. I think he mistook X-men for The Avengers for an instant.

24. psylockolussus

Yeah me too! But at least Havok and Banshee got a chance to appear in a X-Men movie and it was not just a very small role or a cameo.

And as for Moira, to me, it felt like it was the end of her story in the X-Men movie series. Of course they could bring her back if they want to, but there wasn't a hint that she would appear in the next movie unlike with Havok, Banshee, Emma, Angel, Azazel and Riptide.

25. magneto23

magneto23 Well-Known Member

unconfirmed rumor at this point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.