Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 2

Discussion in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' started by Thread Manager, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Great Mind(s)

Great Mind(s) Broken

Dammit what a missed opportunity. Should have brought him back instead of Storm. Iceman, Rogue and Xavier weren't in the future in the original DOFP...why not include Nightcrawler who has only appeared once??

2. georgec

georgec Not a hero

I'm wondering if it might be possible that a teenage or 20-something Nightcrawler might show up? It doesn't fit in the time periods, though, unless the crew makes a stop in the 80s or 90s.

3. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

We can definetly say that this movie cant please everyone

Cyclops and Jean fans want them, but they'll have a cameo at the end at most (at least in the future timeline)
    Nightcrawler and Beast fans want Alan and Kelsey back, to many people, two of the best characters of the trilogy
    Gambit and Colossus fans want their return too, but doesnt feel the moment for Remy.

At the end of the day, we shouldnt forget this is Days of future past, not XMen 4, with the full cast. So if many of us want to see all those great characters/actors back and together, we better go to the theatre next year with all our family and friends and hope for the best, lol

As Millar said, Fox has a bag of jewels, so they better use them.

4. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

Agreed. Bit of a letdown, but shouldnt have been hyped unless official word. Still stoked we have Kitty :up:
    Yeah, in his short time in the series he upstaged every other X-Men character. Don't think he would need alot of screen time to have that presence again.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  5. Duran Man

Duran Man The Seventh Stranger

6. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

Kitty and Kurt on the same movie would have been really cool, tho :csad:

still have hope for a sequel with full original cast. This movie will have a huge impact, so it should open the door for bigger things

7. marvelrobbins

marvelrobbins Well-Known Member

So when does coming soon actully have inside sources? This wasn't fan speculation James MCavoy slipped up and said Alan Cumming In Interview.So I wouldn't dismiss It
    quite yet.If Bryan Singer tweeted he wasn't In film I would believe that.But,for now I would say Nightcrawler Is possable Inclusion In film.

8. DarknessOfDeath

DarknessOfDeath Rebel Scoundrel

Yeah. I'm gonna wait until Singer tweets the truth!

9. georgec

georgec Not a hero

The key is that they haven't asked Cumming to return. That doesn't rule Nightcrawler out entirely.

10. wobbly

wobbly Occasional Scribbler

Hmmm....Maybe McAvoy read the Nightcrawler name in the script and just assumed Alan was coming back in the role?

Afaik he's said he had only read an outline of the script so far, so specifics as to Kurt's involvement (if any) might not have been mentioned much. Could just be his name being mentioned (a roll call of the dead perhaps) for all we know.

11. Doc Ock

Doc Ock The Spider-Totem Awakens

I was really hoping to see Cummings Nightcrawler again. :(

12. georgec

georgec Not a hero

I missed this when it must have been originally posted last week, but if the actor who played Azazel isn't returning then it makes sense there won't be a Nightcrawler.

edit - I guess the link is blocked

13. Asteroid-Man

Asteroid-Man Ham Sammiches

Everyone should tweet #DaysOfFutureBAMF to Singer and Cummings. We should even set up a "Flash tweet" date and time. Would be nice to get a cameo in there and the very least.

14. Lightning Strykez!

Lightning Strykez! Former Mod On Pension Pay

15. DaveMoral

DaveMoral Well-Known Member

I just really hope they do a poster that's an homage of the cover of X-Men #141..

16. Lightning Strykez!

I know some of us have been speculating that only Kitty, Xavier, etc. may be the travelers. But it's totally possible that Xavier may somehow transport ALL of the OT members (Logan, Storm, Rogue, Kitty, Magneto and himself) to the past.
    Allow me to explain:

This transportation of physical matter to another space is not beyond movie-Xavier's ability. Remember at the conclusion of X2, he transported everyone on the X-Jet to the physical placement of the Oval Office to speak with the President? He either did this somehow literally or via a vision with the President allowing everyone else to participate (with Storm manipulating weather, Rogue delivering plans and Hugh speaking, etc.,). X3 showed he has the ability to transport his consciousness to his comatose brother. If Bryan is going to take X3 into account, he could totally use his powers to move his entire time to the past...

17. DarknessOfDeath

That really hurts my brain...to even think about it.

18. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

Nope.

Though I do think James/Michael will have a bigger role than Ian/Patrick since they just appeared in First Class.

She has a strong English accent and I don't she can really act.

And about the Nightcrawler, I'm happy he's not included in the movie. He just can't instantly comeback there with the team. There should be a big reason on why he should return and with a lot of things already happening in DOFP, I don't think this is the right time.

19. Lightning Strykez!

It doesn't hurt your brain nearly as much as it hurts Xavier's. :funny:

20. DarknessOfDeath

lol... I guess. oh man, the anticipation is killing me :( I wish I could fast forward time to July :hrt:

21. wobbly

wobbly Occasional Scribbler

After the point of leaving though, that's leaves no-one to do anything in the future...

Thing with DOFP, it was one story with 2 missions:

1) Kitty in the past trying to change it.
    2) And in the future, with the surviving team not counting on her succeeding (that was a 'hail mary' play and they knew it), they attempt to prevent the Sentinels from expanding beyond North America causing a potentially world ending nuclear War.

22. Asteroid-Man

Asteroid-Man Ham Sammiches

I thought he just froze them all, and Nightcrawler teleported them there from the Jet, then he unfroze the President, and then unfroze everyone else when they left. Isn't that why they even established that ability at the beginning of the film?

23. BobJM

BobJM Who's Bad?

Yes, but if he can freeze time, it's not entirely unrealistic that he can also project himself (and/or others) into the past.

Maybe not without help. But, then again, we saw Cerebro being rebuilt...

24. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

And what's so bad about that? The Sentinels might just kill them if they keep fighting with them.

If they really want to change the future by going to the past, then they should bring the whole team.

25. BobJM

BobJM Who's Bad?

Maybe a majority of the team goes back in time, while Xavier and maybe another (Magneto?) remain behind to hold down some stronghold or something along those lines.

Or if Xavier is using Cerebro to induce time travel, maybe Magneto has to protect him while he's incapacitated. Magneto would be the best protection against metal Sentinels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.