Days of Future Past Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - Part 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bryan Singer announced over twitter that she was coming back, maybe he realized it would work better to have her role a secret. We all knew about the scenes, maybe he was upset at that.

But what creative interests are they concealing by claiming Rogue has been cut when she hasn't? If they wanted her role better concealed, they could have kept her out of the trailer (or limited how much of her was shown) and out of the Wolverine DVD footage. But they didn't. They openly marketed her, even including her at SDCC.

Now that the Apocalypse film is underway, I really think it has everything to do with that. It seems they are changing elements of this film to accommodate what happens in the next.

It's not just clips that didn't appear, but I am talking about shots of key characters that are credited in the trailer for appearing in the movie. It is like showing Aunt May in trailer with Sally Field credited but cutting her out months before the movie is out.

It's a similair case with ASM2, the filmed scenes of Ms Woodley as MJ, she was cut to streamline things.

Only difference if they cut her before the trailer was put together.

And face it Rogue had about 1.2 seconds of screetime in the trailer, i couldn't even make out her face it was so quick. But we got clear looks at every other OT cast.

As I said its possible they cut the prison escape and are changing it to kitty bringing Logan back, it was said if rogue was cut kitty has likely a bigger role

Now that the Apocalypse film is underway, I really think it has everything to do with that. It seems they are changing elements of this film to accommodate what happens in the next.
Elements that require lying and claiming Anna was cut when she wasn't? I don't understand what you're getting at.

Bryan Singer announced over twitter that she was coming back, maybe he realized it would work better to have her role a secret. We all knew about the scenes, maybe he was upset at that.

Just checked his account, couldn't see anything.

Probably not, there is still plenty we don't know about it

It's a similair case with ASM2, the filmed scenes of Ms Woodley as MJ, she was cut to streamline things.

Only difference if they cut her before the trailer was put together.

And face it Rogue had about 1.2 seconds of screetime in the trailer, i couldn't even make out her face it was so quick. But we got clear looks at every other OT cast.

True, but she was still credited and is still being credited. By the time the second trailer is out then we will know for sure that they cut her completely.

Elements that require lying and claiming Anna was cut when she wasn't? I don't understand what you're getting at.

They could be using some of those filmed sequences for the Apocalypse film if the rumors about her role there are true. Obviously her parts are standalone since they were able to remove them without jacking up the entire film. My point is that they are making TWO overlapping films now and the next installment could be having an impact on the first and third acts of this one.

I don't think the explanation Bryan gave in the EW Interview is everything behind their decision. This is not a situation like X3 where the film is being rushed and hacked together in six months. By time this comes out in May they'll have had over 2 years to get this one together. How could they have not seen this need to cut Rogue from the storyline before now? The film is well into post production. I don't want to overthink this but...if it's strictly poor planning that's some effed up s***. Way to tell Anna Paquin "thanks for playing".

I can't imagine Bryan giving the actress the shaft like that. But then again she wouldn't be the first X-Men actor to get screwed over...

Last edited:
Patrick and mckellen will probably have the biggest role in the future

Guys, I think it may be better to accept that she's been cut and MAYBE be pleasantly surprised come May rather then set yourselves up for disappointment.

Just checked his account, couldn't see anything.
No I meant back when he first announced Ellen Page and Shawn Ashmore. Maybe he is realizing now her role should have been a secret. But yeah its better to accept shes just not in it after all.

It seems like some people know date and hour of when an actor went to the bathroom during filming.
Why do some people need to know everything about the movie ahead of time? I'm just curious.

I can't imagine Bryan giving the actress the shaft like that. But then again she wouldn't be the first X-Men actor to get screwed over...

You're talking about a guy who spent $10 million on a rather interesting opening for Superman Returns and then dumped it because "it didn't fit."

He also added/re-shot a whole new opening for Valkyrie.

One could say that "post-X2 Singer" seems to have a problem with prologues.

:word:

You're talking about a guy who spent $10 million on a rather interesting opening for Superman Returns and then dumped it because "it didn't fit."

He also added/re-shot a whole new opening for Valkyrie.

One could say that "post-X2 Singer" seems to have a problem with prologues.

:word:

Touché, you make a valid point. Well, it better be good and worth the risk of pissing off a substantial segment of the fandom.

Guys, I think it may be better to accept that she's been cut and MAYBE be pleasantly surprised come May rather then set yourselves up for disappointment.
This makes sense .

I would be shocked if we saw the OT cast after DoFP, Anna Paquin just got cut out of this movie and Halle Berry is almost 50 years old. Also Stewart and McKellen will be around 77 years old by the time Apocalypse arrives. This is there swan song.

People said the exact same thing 7 years ago, but those people were wrong to think that it would impossible to assemble the OT cast for a 4th film.

And age isn't a big matter when familiarity brings more money to the table.

A lot of fans are gutted about Rogue's 'said' removal from the movie, but what i've noticed on a lot of boards is that most of Rogue's input into the movie was just from pure fan speculation. No one ever knew how much she had to do with the movie and how pivotal her role was, it was almost as if wishful thinking gradually turned into fact. So it appeared her role was bigger. Then when Singer had to make a decision (which can't have been an easy one), there's been an uproar.

Don't get me wrong, I'm disappointed she won't have a role in the movie (if what we're led to believe) but one of the problems with X3 was so many characters didn't have much to do. I'd rather Singer remove Rogue to save her for a future movie. I respect Singer for doing that. He's a professional film Director. It's his job to make a movie good. If removing her for the good of the movie has to happen, then so be it.

Maybe Singer has released this info to the public so as not to cause disappointment. Bring down expectations just 'slightly' so viewers will be rewarded with the final product.

Who knows, fans may be treated to a final, reset timeline, scene with her present that Singer is keeping secret?

The guy knows what he's doing. He knows this is his chance to bring love back to the franchise and he'll be working himself into the ground to do it.

Good on him

Exactly, Shifting to the FC cast is only good for one more movie then Lawrence is gone and I doubt she'd come back, nor do I think Fassbender would return either, once they're gone the FC lose clout and the cast they sidelined becomes the only cast that can save them and by then it will be too little too late.

Fox should hurry or at least fast-track making more films with the OT cast, wait til 2018 and I just can imagine some people here whining about Halle/Hugh being in their 50s and Ian/Patrick being in their 100s.

And their return for a 5th film won't have the same excitement/buzz as their return in DOFP, so I don't really see the need to give them another break after DOFP.

For months they denied that Jean Grey was going to play a role in The Wolverine. In the end, she had not one but several scenes throughout the film from beginning to end. Tell me, what was the backlash from the community for that red herring? Do you recall? :cool:

Singer and Fox aren't gonna get a backlash if they lied about Rogue not appearing in the film if the fans and people liked Anna Paquin's participation in the movie.

And also, there's other directors that lied about someone's role in the movie and it didn't really hurt the film at the box-office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"