Days of Future Past Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wish you would stop saying that OC is the only cast worth making a good movie. And your wrong XForce,XFactor,New Mutants were all at one point big just like the core cast of X-Men you dont how people will respond to these movies espiecally being that fans have favorites in other groups other than the core group,so its not hard to believe that a movie could be a success. I know you like the OC but its not need to knock other groups because Storm is my fav,and yes it will sadden me not to see her in other movies,but the chance to see Psylocke,Magik,Polaris or others would be awesome.

I'm not talking about coming up with a good movie. I'm talking about the potential success at the box-office.

And there's just no way, that spin-off movies like Deadpool, X-Factor and Magneto would be as successful as X2/X3/DOFP.

You cant say there is no way because you cant fortell the future only time will tell. Im sorry people thought at one point that an X-Men movie would never happen or be a success and look were we are today,its a possibility. A new movie to bring in some new fans to the franchise.

But,what happens If Fox makes X-force a cross between original and UXF and Wolverine
Is major character or It's wolverine and Cable as major characters.

Some want Apocallpse as villain.May I remind people Apocalpse was more In COmics A X-factor and Cable villain than X-Men villain.And X-factor I am talking about was Cyclops,Jean,Beast,Iceman,and Archangel.

And there's just no way, that spin-off movies like Deadpool, X-Factor and Magneto would be as successful as X2/X3/DOFP.

DoFP hasn't yet proven to be a success, so I think you're jumping ahead here.

And if the OT cast is the recipe for the box-office success, well an X-Men movie with many key members of that cast missing is not going to be as successful as X2/X3 either.

That is already a close chapter for the Spidey movies.

I was talking about The Amazing Spider-Man movies, release dates are already given for TASM3 and TASM4. And its a big indication that they would just continue to release sequels for the TASM series until 2018.

I know the plans the Venom, but they didn't really try to move forward with it unlike with Spider-Man 4.

And X-men was at their peak when X3 was released. It doesnt matter if fan boys hated the movie but it is still the most successful movie to date.

And it doesn't matter if the movie brought in the most money if it killed the reputation of the films and stopped future ones from making more money. Say all you want about how much money X3 brought in, but ask anyone and they'll say that's probably the worst in the series and started the downturn. You said it was the prequels that caused the loss of momentum, and that's not the case. Money =/= momentum.

Id hope Xforce brings a different energy that OC dosent have. Like Vol.2 i think would be awesome a mature movie. Id like Cable as a major player idk if Hugh will do even more movies he'll be on X-Men and XForce plus solo Wolverine thats a bit much unless he is up for it I dont know. And Apocalypse was,but i thought Mr. Sinister was a main villian for Scott,Jean,Cable, Nate well the Summer/Grey so if those characters are involved then he can be easily included

I'm not talking about coming up with a good movie. I'm talking about the potential success at the box-office.

So when did you learn to read the future?

And it doesn't matter if the movie brought in the most money if it killed the reputation of the films and stopped future ones from making more money. Say all you want about how much money X3 brought in, but ask anyone and they'll say that's probably the worst in the series and started the downturn. You said it was the prequels that caused the loss of momentum, and that's not the case. Money =/= momentum.

I totally agree with what you are saying. The downfall started there.

So when did you learn to read the future?

I don't need mutant powers to tell if a movie has a potential for success or not. People in the internet do it all time especially when they are talking about the box-office. You posting in this message board, should know that.

You cant say there is no way because you cant fortell the future only time will tell. Im sorry people thought at one point that an X-Men movie would never happen or be a success and look were we are today,its a possibility. A new movie to bring in some new fans to the franchise.

Don't forget that most of the time, we are predicting and speculating things here.

Last edited:
I don't need mutant powers to tell if a movie has a potential for success or not. People in the internet do it all time especially when they are talking about the box-office. You posting in this message board, should know that.

Don't forget that most of the time, we are predicting and speculating things here.

So just because everyone else on the internet does something, it's automatically right? Are you a studio exec or a movie producer? Because if you aren't, then it really doesn't matter. It's just your opinion and carries no more weight than anyone else here. Anyone with the right vision and the right resources could pull off a well done movie with just about any of these supposed properties.

And there's a difference between speculating and flat out saying something can't work, the latter of which you are doing.

Last edited:
But you didnt say the potential for success you just said theres no way it would be a success. You are contradicting yourself and this is not knowing the plot,characters,or were the movie direction is headed then maybe you can say its potential. But not knowing anything except name only thats a stretch to say.

Don't forget that most of the time, we are predicting and speculating things here.[/QUOTE]

I agree we do speculate but we speculate with some kind of evidence or proof to go off of. All we have heard of XForce is in name only we know nothing else about it is all that im trying to say to make a speculation.

Even if X3 was a good movie, Origins and First Class would still earned less money than X2/X3. And just because there was a bad movie in the series, it doesn't mean the momentum is suddenly gone - look at Transformers and Twilight. And I'm not talking "reputation of the films".

People were just not that interested with seeing Origins and First Class.

So just because everyone else on the internet does something, it's automatically right? Are you a studio exec or a movie producer? Because if you aren't, then it really doesn't matter. It's just your opinion and carries no more weight than anyone else here. Anyone with the right vision and the right resources could pull off a well done movie with just about any of these supposed properties.

And there's a difference between speculating and flat out saying something can't work, the latter of which you are doing.

Yes I'm a movie producer. :cwink:

I agree we do speculate but we speculate with some kind of evidence or proof to go off of. All we have heard of XForce is in name only we know nothing else about it is all that im trying to say to make a speculation.

Origins and First Class not outgrossing the original trilogy is already an evidence and a proof why X-Men spin-offs/prequels can't outgrosss the original series. And I don't see it changing especially if Wolverine is not one of the characters that will appear in X-Force.

Last edited:
Even if X3 was a good movie, Origins and First Class would still earned less money than X2/X3. And just because there was a bad movie in the series, it doesn't mean the momentum is suddenly gone - look at Transformers and Twilight. And I'm not talking "reputation of the films".

Just me for Orgins im not a Wolverine fan is why i decided not to see it,not even knowing how good would be. With FC it was no characters at all I was interested in so for me those were the reasons that I didnt go see those movies.

You're really gonna compare those two horrible franchises to X-Men? :whatever:

Anyway, yes you are talking about the reputation. The rep and the momentum go hand in hand. If there's a bad rep, then there's no momentum for the audience to turn out to see the future films. The audience was turned off by X3, and therefore didn't go out in droves to see First Class. But word of mouth on how good FC was started the momentum back up again to lead into DoFP.

Origins and First Class not outgrossing the original trilogy is already an evidence and a proof why X-Men spin-offs/prequels can't outgrosss the original series. And I don't see it changing especially if Wolverine is not one of the characters that will appear in X-Force.

Sure you are. :whatever:

And two movies are never going to outgross three like that, that's just plain math. And you're being a bit hypocritical too if you're saying that Wolverine has to star in the spin-off for it to be a success when you said that his solo was never going to be a success in general. Either way, you're holding them all at a ridiculous standard of having to outgross the original trilogy for them to be successful.

I still just hope I make it into that x men panel next week. :o

That proves nothing because eventhough FC didnt do as well as OC it still renewed intereste back into the X-Franchise as a whole. So saying cant is false since it very well can.

Just me for Orgins im not a Wolverine fan is why i decided not to see it,not even knowing how good would be. With FC it was no characters at all I was interested in so for me those were the reasons that I didnt go see those movies.

And thats the one of the reasons why a lot of casual viewers who saw the original trilogy didn't watch Origins/First Class and probably will not watch the Wolverine/X-Force.

The audience was turned off by X3, and therefore didn't go out in droves to see First Class. But word of mouth on how good FC was started the momentum back up again to lead into DoFP.

And yet Origins earned more than 80 million dollars at the opening weekend.

I said with Orgins and FC that was my reason but I stated earlier that for XForce eventhough my fav isnt in it. That would be a great oppurtunity to see Psylocke, or Polaris is they do Xfactor,even Magik if they do New Mutants. Eventhough my fav isnt there i still have a reason to go see the movie and support it.

That proves nothing because eventhough FC didnt do as well as OC it still renewed intereste back into the X-Franchise as a whole. So saying cant is false since it very well can.

Okay, then we should wait for The Wolverine, Deadpool and X-Force to underperform at the box-office before they decide when will they decide to stop releasing spin-off movies.

If TWO movies didn't earn more money than the original trilogy its already a big sign that the mainstream audience are more interested watching X-Men movies featuring the original cast.

I said with Orgins and FC that was my reason but I stated earlier that for XForce eventhough my fav isnt in it. That would be a great oppurtunity to see Psylocke, or Polaris is they do Xfactor,even Magik if they do New Mutants. Eventhough my fav isnt there i still have a reason to go see the movie and support it.

And we know Psylocke, Polaris, Magik are as popular as Wolverine to mainstream audience.

They could just introduce these characters in a X-Men 5 movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"