Days of Future Past Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sure DOFP was part of Singer and Lauren's plan since day one.

maybe not exactly for X4, but with FC treatment, I really think Singer and Lauren discussed the possibility to adapt this storyline, so this combining casts factor could come from early discussions, even if it was announced last year.

Last edited:
Seeing as DOFP was part written by Vaughn and singer its safe to assume its a new script, now an X4 would be a new script also and not the one from 2011 because they probably didnt count DOFP ever being made in that script so I doubt they would have suddenly had cyclops and jean back in the 2011 script

I think its safe to say them scripts either wont be used at all or it may end up like the magneto script, bits and pieces taken out and used in a new script

I am sure DOFP was what she mentioned as X4.Remember she has been wanting to do days of future past as film for years.

i think it's pretty obvious this came into fruition near the end of FC... or maybe halfway through filming. This was NOT "their plan all along"

FC2's plans were obviously combined with Lauren's X4 dream plans... much like how X-men Origins: Magneto combined with First Class.

Though LSD has ALWAYS loved DoFP, which is why it was included in the Danger Room in X3

Last edited:
Really? I remember talk of continuation in the 60s with Kennedy, I don't think it was always on the cards, infact I think it was the avengers influence that started DOFP

Really? I remember talk of continuation in the 60s with Kennedy, I don't think it was always on the cards, infact I think it was the avengers influence that started DOFP

(that's what i'm saying)

FC2 was not suppose to be a mash up originally.

Singer and Donner may have come up with the idea during FC's filming, but it was no where near set in stone if it was. It was probably post FC, and they just combined FC2 and X4 together to get DOFP

(that's what i'm saying)

FC2 was not suppose to be a mash up originally.

Singer and Donner may have come up with the idea during FC's filming, but it was no where near set in stone if it was. It was probably post FC, and they just combined FC2 and X4 together to get DOFP

Oh I misunderstood my apologies

Studios don't care about closing book on series.That has been proven time and time again since the reboot craze hit hollywood.

Spending anytime correcting things makes little sense If they aren't using that to continue the series.

Either way you end up rebooting, whether you provided closure in the last film of the series, or whether that finale bombed outright. Regarding the end of DoFP, I think they will leave enough loose ends to either pick up the series after the altered future, or retcon the timeline with a FC3/trilogy. It gives them the most flexibility going forward to leave both possibilities open.

I seriously doudt after the avengers they all of a sudden they decided to do DOFP.

More likely Singer and Donnor started talking about doing DOFP In 2009/2010 and during
production or post production of first class Singer had Idea to combine first class sequel with DOFP.

The version of DOFP we get in 2014 by SInger Is likely going to be very different than what Vaughn would have done If he hadn't bailed for Secret Service.Just like had Singer been able to direct First Class It would have been different than what Vaughn did.

I seriously doudt after the avengers they all of a sudden they decided to do DOFP.

More likely Singer and Donnor started talking about doing DOFP In 2009/2010 and during
production or post production of first class Singer had Idea to combine first class sequel with DOFP.

The version of DOFP we get in 2014 by SInger Is likely going to be very different than what Vaughn would have done If he hadn't bailed for Secret Service.Just like had Singer been able to direct First Class It would have been different than what Vaughn did.

Why do you assume in 2009/2010 singer was thinking about DOFP? There is nothing to back that up

We know singer speculated during FC interviews that they could have period sequels in 70s, 80s, and we know Vaughn had a few ideas for sequel in 60s which probably was changed when DOFP was thought up and Vaughn had a part in the script for DOFP so he was on board with it

I doubt singer is so attached to the OT while Vaughn is so attached to FC that the moment singer is brought inboard things were gonna go all OT

I honestly don't think anything was planned

Last edited:
MTV posted an article about latest Singer words with that international flavor of the sequel.

And they mentioned the Second Genesis comic of the early 70's, when Xavier had to recruit many mutants around the world, and thats when Wolverine, Banshee, Storm, Thunderbird, Colossus and more joined the X-Men.

So.... what if that's something Bryan has in store?

After the mind travel, young Charles have to form a new team, and thats when 70's Wolverine and a few others join the x-men, including maybe Josh Helman, and possible new young members.

Now that MTV reminded me that issue, I wouldnt be surprised if thats part of the 70's plot.

Id love to see that!

This would be too much.

It would be fine if the modern-day X-Men aren't included in this one.

it would be pretty awesome to see James McAvoy and Nich traveling to some countries and meeting a few new mutants.

ending with Wolverine on Canada, New York, or wherever he is.

And then, we see them all at the mansion finally. would be a great nod to that #1 of Second Genesis.

but since Singer doesnt care about that type of nods.... no, we wont get it. :doh:

:whatever:

And you aren't considering the fact that this movie is already featuring the OT cast/the other period/Sentinels.

Sometimes LESS is MORE.

Days of future past comes out In 2014 and using the daredevil/FF model It
would be at least 2021 till rights would revert to Marvel If fox did nothing

Hmm I'm not sure if the deal with X-Men is the same as the deal with Daredevil/Fantastic Four. After-all, FOX required the rights for X-Men, Fantastic Four and Daredevil in different times.

I read somewhere that FOX has to release a X-Men movie every 3 years.
Im sure DOFP was part of Singer and Lauren's plan since day one.

maybe not for exactly for X4, but with FC treatment, I really think Singer and Lauren discussed the possibility to adapt this storyline, so this combining casts factor could come from early discussions, even if it was announced last year.

I definitely think DOFP was their idea for X4.

i wanna see this film open up like terminator 2.. dark future with x-men battling the senteniels

I still dont get how will old Professor X be Alive in this movie and be played by Patrick Stewart again ?

Last edited:
I still dont get how will old Professor X be Alive in this movie and be played by Patrick Stewart again ?

His mind was transferred at the end of X3, allegedly to his comatose twin brother. How convenient :woot: His twin brother will then suddenly loose the power of his legs.

If they don't use the twin brother explanation, then this can't possibly be a continuation of TLS. How else could you remotely bring Xavier back? They have to use that explanation for this thing to work. Otherwise, the only other conclusion is it really is an alternate universe that culminates with the OT.

Last edited:
there is a big chance they will use the twin brother thing and who knows maybe Xavier can walk because of that

it would be hard to have that bit at the end of X3 but then completely ignore it as it would confuse alot of people

Hmm I'm not sure if the deal with X-Men is the same as the deal with Daredevil/Fantastic Four. After-all, FOX required the rights for X-Men, Fantastic Four and Daredevil in different times.

I read somewhere that FOX has to release a X-Men movie every 3 years.

I definitely think DOFP was their idea for X4.

It has never been said FOx has to release an X-Men film every 3 years.This Is rumor that got started since wolverine was called X-Men Origins;Wolverine

The deals were all made In early 1990's With Spider-man rights hell they were happy to make clear deals with other studios.Some people today act like those deals were so evil but let us remember the first X-Men revived the genre after Batman & Robin all but killed,and then Sony with SPider-man caused It to explode.

MTV Is speclation on which mutants Josh Helman could be playing
http://splashpage.mtv.com/2013/07/02/x-men-days-of-future-past-5-mutants-for-josh-helman/

I have to laugh at them though.Yeah they mention Cyclops but also speculate
Angel or nightcrawler or Pyro too.Avalance Is only one they mention that
could be a possibilty.

He might not be playing a mutant at all.

As has been debated to death He can only be playing Cyclops If there Is some reconning of exact date of trilogy.And no way he could he playing Nightcrawler or pyro or Angel since he's working with first class cast.

But isn't mutation in the DNA ? So how could Xavier have his power in another body?

It would be his twin brother.

I prefer to think of twin brother thing as like the comics did In early 1980's and they had to clone Xavier and put his mind In cloned body.

But isn't mutation in the DNA ? So how could Xavier have his power in another body?

thats what Ive been saying all this months, lol.

Its a bad idea. a brother's body but having still his mutant power, what a joke, lol.

He almost certinly won't be villain.

A twin brother has the same genres.

Besides you have to give them some leeway they have to recover from the mess ratner and rothman left them In.

I'm referring to Josh Helman.

Sorry about that I thought you was saying you thought Xavier would be villain.

I also think Josh Helman Is playing villain.If not younger stryker then a new
brotherhood member maybe Avalanche.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"