DC-A Brave New World RPG

MOS

Man of Steel-AKA Superman
Reaction score
Doesn't anyone here ever wish that they could own the DC Universe and have a chance to fix it all? Like, what if Superman was the the symbol of hope that he was meant to be again? Or if Batman was a real, traumatized hero instead of just a Green Lantern/Superman rip-off? Well, now's your chance. Welcome to a Brave New World! This is an application for a new RPG I have an idea for. So far, members include:
MOS(me) as Superman
MechTechMike as Nekka-Superman(original character)
Indy1Jones as either Nightwing or Ultraman
TDKR as Batman
Ring Deacon as Flash
Man of Steel as Green Lantern
So, if you are interested, help us get approval by joining up. This is Superman, signing off.

RPG Application

Screenname of the Proposed RPGs Game Master:
MOS

Do You Have An Instant Messenger that we can reach you on for better conversation? And if so, what is your screenname?:
No, sorry, I don’t.

Gamemasters/Assistant Gamemasters already chosen:
The Gamemaster is me, MOS. Assistant Gamemasters are TDKR, Indy1Jones, and Man of Steel.

How will the overall layout of the RPG be?:
There will be one GM but at least three AGMs. The GMs and AGMs will decide what the basic story is and guide it, butt will let the users work out the details, and not lead it. Hopefully, this RPG is ongoing.

Premise of RPG:
Brave New World is comic based, on the DC Universe, but with a modern, more realistic, but also more inspirational twist. For example, Superman will not be in the planet-moving, time-traveling range( at least not the present time Superman), but will not be the Spider-Man/Colossus hybrid he is in the comics now. I hope to fix DC’s mistakes of the past twenty-five years since the Crisis on Infinite Earths. I will not make Batman the god-like superhuman he is in the comics either. My Justice League will be more realistic, only teaming up when necessary, and not being friends with each other all the time. There will also be multiple opportunities to create your own DC-type character.

What will this RPG bring to the RPG forums? (please write two complete sentences):
This RPG will bring the chance to fix the mistakes of DC Comics for the last 25 years since the Crisis on Infinite Earths. Players will also have the chance to create their own characters.

Title Of The RPG You Would Like To Propose:
Brave New World

Example Of Characters Application:

Name(I.e. Kal-El OR Clark Kent):

Codename(I.e. Superman)

Abilities:

Alliance(Hero, Villain, Ally or Neutral):

Character type(Original or Existing):

Origin/Backstory:

Why You Want to be This Character(at least five sentences):

How Your Version of This Character Will be Different From Other Versions:

What You Will Bring to This RPG:

Sample of Character(at least two paragraphs):

Nightwing. was Robin went solo parents died at circus during performance.

Partner to Batman Till I Had Enough.

Skills like Batman's

Difference short hair teamed with Batman again.

Um...Indy, I know this is a little much, but you kind of have to use the character application.

Name(I.e. Kal-El OR Clark Kent):

Codename(I.e. Superman)

Abilities:

Alliance(Hero, Villain, Ally or Neutral):

Character type(Original or Existing):

Origin/Backstory:

Why You Want to be This Character(at least five sentences):

Characters Application:

Name: Barry Allen

Codename: The Flash

Abilities:The ability to control the speed of which his body vibrates and to move at super speed, which he uses primarily to run at super-human velocities. This super speed is derived from his connection to the Speed Force: a vaguely defined extra-dimensional energy force from which most speedster heroes draw their powers

Alliance: Hero

Character type:Existing

Origin/Backstory:Barry Allen is a forensic scientist for the Central City police department-with a reputation for being very slow, deliberate, and frequently late, which frustrates his fiancee, Iris West. One night, as he is preparing to leave work, a lightning bolt shatters a case full of chemicals and spills them all over Allen. As a result, Allen finds that he can run extremely fast and has matching reflexes. He dons a set of red tights sporting a lightning bolt, dubs himself the Flash. Finding that the high speeds he can run at tears normal material of the costume he wears Allen seeks help from, Central City University professor Ira West (Iris' adoptive father) designed Allen's costume ( made of a material that can create an aura around the wearer and protect the from extremely high G-force levels and the ring which stores it while Allen is in his civilian identity. The ring can eject the compressed clothing when Allen needs it and suck it back in with the aid of a special gas that shrinks the suit

Why You Want to be This Character(at least five sentences): One of my favorite DC heroes.

Since you have no defining premise for this game aside that it is a game based off of DC Comics heroes and villains, I doubt that it will get approved. Nothing is defined, it just looks like you want to make a new game to play those characters.

The World of Heroes DC RPG is on it's last season currently, and was actually decided before DC Comics announced their "reboot" that we were going to reboot the RPG and have a new Season 1 with fresh continuity. So if all you want to do is play the same heroes, you might as well play the game now and when it reboots, continue playing.

There is also the Ultimate DC RPG which is exactly what it sounds like. It is a different DC "Earth" where players are allowed to work with established characters in a different environment and origin. You can be as creative as you want just as long as the powers are the same pretty much. Note that there are some characters already created in this RPG so you'd have to go off of someone else's origin if you want that already established character.

Just letting you know is all. Unless your game has something very different about the world itself it is most likely not going to be approved.

And mind you should you modify your game premise the "Apocalyptical DCU Future" idea has been done to death before with different variations here and there. So I'd suggest to steer away from that concept.

I'll be Green Lantern, but I'm kind of busy, so my application won't be coming for a while.

Since you have no defining premise for this game aside that it is a game based off of DC Comics heroes and villains, I doubt that it will get approved. Nothing is defined, it just looks like you want to make a new game to play those characters.

The World of Heroes DC RPG is on it's last season currently, and was actually decided before DC Comics announced their "reboot" that we were going to reboot the RPG and have a new Season 1 with fresh continuity. So if all you want to do is play the same heroes, you might as well play the game now and when it reboots, continue playing.

There is also the Ultimate DC RPG which is exactly what it sounds like. It is a different DC "Earth" where players are allowed to work with established characters in a different environment and origin. You can be as creative as you want just as long as the powers are the same pretty much. Note that there are some characters already created in this RPG so you'd have to go off of someone else's origin if you want that already established character.

Just letting you know is all. Unless your game has something very different about the world itself it is most likely not going to be approved.

And mind you should you modify your game premise the "Apocalyptical DCU Future" idea has been done to death before with different variations here and there. So I'd suggest to steer away from that concept.

What he said.

Also, this just screams of "I can do better than DC can with these characters", which (1) most can't, and (2) isn't what these games are about.

What he said.

Also, this just screams of "I can do better than DC can with these characters", which (1) most can't, and (2) isn't what these games are about.
This.

Also, Batman is a Green Lantern/Superman ripoff? Zwuh? :huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"