DC, Dont forget Speedy!

Kebab gud

Sidekick
Reaction score
Ok im getting worried..

Ollie and Dinah are getting married, and we know that Connor is getting some storytime at the start of the series.
But what about Speedy? Shes a legacy character with alot of backstory, and shes is now the sidekick in a series with 2 BIG names and one kinda big infront of her..
She is getting smuthered, there is no room in Green Arrow/Black Canary for The classic mentor/sidekick relationship..
and with her out of the teen titans its just worse! Robin is dooing fine not beeing that mutch in Detective comics and Batman, because he has his own ongoing and a starringrolle in Teen Titans

but what about Speedy.. the #2 sidekick in the DCU*, Only Robin predates Speedy**
(*: Supergirl and Wondergirl are not a sidekicks. And there is no KidFlash now)
(**: Bucky came before Speedy but you know.. Marvel and stuff)

I think its time we all stand up and DEMAND! a Speedy Ongoing!

(or a miniseries.. but lets aim for a ongoing!)
(This thred will be postet on other forums )

I would, except Speedy isn't all that interesting. As with many of Winick's characters, she's defined by the social issue she was created to tackle. Speedy is her HIV-positive status. That's all the meat there is to the character. Outside of that, she's just another teen sidekick. Nothing makes her stand out. In fact, she's downright boring.

First off.. shes not one of Winicks characters.. shes Kevin smiths baby!
and .. well when has her condistion really been her defining thigi..
she got 1 page in Teen titans, 1 page in Robin and one issue a few years ago in Green arrow about it..
thats it!

And Speedy is Soo awsome..

Shes got a boobhole! and a cape that points to her but! and shes snarky!
speedy06.jpg

speedyyaa.jpg

Ohh and shes hot
speedyhot.jpg

(whoever did the art for the last two pages of that issue should hav been the ongoing artist OYL)

I never said she was Winick's character, although her becoming Speedy was Winick's doing. Before that she was just Mia, the ex-child prostitute that Ollie took in. She was a good supporting cast member in that role. As Speedy? She's a non-entity. She's a kinda good archer with kinda good fighting skills, who's about equal parts useful and liability in fights... oh, and she's got HIV. Winick gave her HIV and then had her succeed and become Speedy in spite of it. Hooray! Now, what has she done since then? Oh, that's right: nothing at all memorable.

I never said she was Winick's character, although her becoming Speedy was Winick's doing. .

Nope.. Smith made shure that she was going to be Speedy from day one.. but he wanted to make shure that the next writer build up the character a bit first

How did he make "shure" that she would be Speedy, given that Winick was the writer who actually made it happen? Did he possess Winick? Plant post-hypnotic suggestions in his writing? Are you suggesting that Kevin Smith has some form of supernatural powers?

Nope.. Mia was created to be Speedy, i remember reading an thing on it and Winick (if i remember correctly) couldnt make her speedy untill after an X number of issues..
and thats why shes not Speedy yet in that arc where she kills that guy..

and thats why Arrowette retierd in 2000 to make way for Mia.

No, Arrowette retired long before then. As part of her character arc.

And no, Speedy is not a strong enough character to support her own series, mini or otherwise. It would only backfire on her. Especially if Winick wrote it.

Nothing needs to change. She's doing just fine as she is. Forcing awkward sht to happen to her is just unnecessary.

Yeah DC, don't forget to kill her off please.

NO need to kill her off, just put her on the Titans...

A boob hole. And I think that she should be put back on the Teen Titans. That's about it. She's a Green Arrow sidekick and a Titan. That's all. She doesn't deserve a mini, ongoing, or anything. Just keep her as a supporting cast character who gets an arc focused on her every once and a while.

Good idea. Put her on the Titans, and then kill her off. All those titans die at one point.

Well DC seems to be in the habit of wanting to kill off their sidekicks. I expect a couple of other to eventually bite it within the next year.

The current Speedy is a ridiculous character. A former ho who becomes an expert archer? No side effects from anti-HIV drugs? And the costume is just plain dorky.

Wow, the same thread he made a couple of months ago with a different name. How boring!

you should see my other thread...

ohh wait.. there is no other

Of course not. You've gotta at least wait until this thread falls off the first page before you make another one that's identical to it.

Speedy is the one with HIV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"