DC FanDome Thread

That may be true, but FanDome is free and reaches around the world to everyone with an Internet connection. So it'd be worth catching for anyone who might not want to shell out for it.
Agreed. What's I'm saying is that it's available to watch on FanDome today, as opposed to only tomorrow.

Watched some partial panels but...without any REAL news coming from any of them...im done for the day apart from the Superman movie. Still mad that they didnt use this to announce GreenArrow and the Canaries one way or another.

There's actually a ton of cool content on FanDome today that I honestly don't get how/why any DC fans would complain about it and call it a bust.

I totally get that a lot of cool previews came out 2 weeks ago for the upcoming movies that everyone's looking forward to seeing (me included).

But today's content has a TON of other cool stuff too - from WB Animation, the CW shows (that are currently airing AND older shows like Smallville), and some of the classic WB/DC movies like Keaton's Batman and Chris Reeve's Superman! And for me it's been great to see some of my favorite DC voice actors on FanDome that was a missing part from 2 weeks ago.

No offense intended, but I can't honestly believe that a genuine DC fan wouldn't be able to find something interesting to watch on FanDome today, with all the content available. Some of the BTS stuff on the InsiderVerse in particular on WB's classic 70s to 90s movies has been extra cool to watch.

Edit: Actually I'd say it's a glaring omission that with all the DC voice actors showing up today, there's no Bruce Timm, or any of the core DCAU voice actors (Kevin Conroy, Tim Daly / George Newbern, Mark Hamill, etc). Now I'm wondering why they weren't brought on board for today, for any type of segment.

Last edited:
It’s a bust cause Fandome Day 1 previews promised THE BIGGEST ANNOUNCEMENTS and barely delivered anything. Day 2 is a bust because it feels like it’s an after thought.

Watched some partial panels but...without any REAL news coming from any of them...im done for the day apart from the Superman movie. Still mad that they didnt use this to announce GreenArrow and the Canaries one way or another.

I think that shows dead tbh, Katherine McNamara has been taking other jobs aswell.

I think that shows dead tbh, Katherine McNamara has been taking other jobs aswell.

She is smart to keep her options open. It's just ridiculous that they refuse to announce one way or another when we were supposed to find out in may.

There's actually a ton of cool content on FanDome today that I honestly don't get how/why any DC fans would complain about it and call it a bust.

I totally get that a lot of cool previews came out 2 weeks ago for the upcoming movies that everyone's looking forward to seeing (me included).

But today's content has a TON of other cool stuff too - from WB Animation, the CW shows (that are currently airing AND older shows like Smallville), and some of the classic WB/DC movies like Keaton's Batman and Chris Reeve's Superman! And for me it's been great to see some of my favorite DC voice actors on FanDome that was a missing part from 2 weeks ago.

No offense intended, but I can't honestly believe that a genuine DC fan wouldn't be able to find something interesting to watch on FanDome today, with all the content available. Some of the BTS stuff on the InsiderVerse in particular on WB's classic 70s to 90s movies has been extra cool to watch.

Edit: Actually I'd say it's a glaring omission that with all the DC voice actors showing up today, there's no Bruce Timm, or any of the core DCAU voice actors (Kevin Conroy, Tim Daly / George Newbern, Mark Hamill, etc). Now I'm wondering why they weren't brought on board for today, for any type of segment.

What did they do with Smallville?

What did they do with Smallville?

There are two Smallville-related segments on InsiderVerse: "Smallville - Absolute Justice: From Script to Screen" and "Smallville - Behind Closed Doors: Inside the Writers' Room". For some reason browser search didn't work for me to find them, but fortunately the video list is ordered alphabetically.

Tim Daly was there for the Superman radio show thing.

Reactions: Asr
Totally agree with your entire message, but sadly I'm not surprised by people's reactions either. It seems like people these days only care when we get some kind of trailer or big reveals. Don't get me wrong, I like those too but they gave us like.. a literal boatload of content today, most of which I probably won't even get to watch just because there's so much of it. Covering basically every facet of DC. There's basically at least something there for everybody. Sadly I expected these reactions though after I saw a Youtube live chat during The Batman panel during the first part of Fandome and it was just full of crybabies complaining that Matt Reeves wouldn't shut up and how 'wE dOn'T cArE, jUsT sHuT uP aNd ShOw ThE tRaIlEr'.

There's a short little five minute documentary thing about Kevin Conroy too (and one for Khary Payton) but since it's called 'CNN's Great Big Story' I'm assuming it wasn't made exclusively for Fandome.

Now watching "Vision & Fury" on InsiderVerse which is a making-of/BTS of last year's Joker movie. I'd call it a must-watch for fans of the movie!

I know WB/DC gets a ton of flak from its fans for the mistakes they've made with a lot of movies and TV series, but dang, watching all this stuff that was released today for FanDome is also making me realize there's such a rich gold-mine to DC's back catalog of material. Not to pit DC against Marvel again, but Marvel doesn't have anything remotely comparable to DC's history of movies and TV shows. And Marvel's movies, as good as they are, mostly just feel formulaic to me. DC's movies, on the other hand, feel like we're getting something unique & fresh every time a new director steps in with a new movie. Watching the Joker clips reminded me of how gut-wrenching and emotional that movie was - something that we'll probably never see in a Marvel movie. The closest we ever got was from the X-Men movies that were made by FOX. :p

Last edited:
Is there any Cavill related news? Did WB announce firing him yet?

Totally agree. It’s all in how you look at it. We had a convention a few weeks ago. Today we got to go to a superhero museum.
I have loved today.

I'm really enjoying all of this stuff, tbh.

I had seen most of the docs before, but I hadn't seen this "Long Live Superman" one, and I especially love seeing in that one so many Supes creators I respect and admire affirming the views I've always had about the character - basically saying Tarantino's description (and by proxy, Donner's approach that he was describing) of "Clark Kent as a facade" really applies more to Batman/Bruce Wayne than Superman. That was worth the whole trip for me, lol.

I know that I had seen the Look Up in the Sky It’s Superman documentary before, but it had been years ago. I’m not going to lie, it is still very good, but it was weird listening to Kevin Spacey narrate for two hours. It was especially awkward when he made to quip about how the networks didn’t want to let Noel Neill be shown eating the Kellogg’s cereal with George Reeves, but they didn’t see anything wrong with showing Clark and Jimmy sitting at the breakfast table together.

I know that I had seen the Look Up in the Sky It’s Superman documentary before, but it had been years ago. I’m not going to lie, it is still very good, but it was weird listening to Kevin Spacey narrate for two hours. It was especially awkward when he made to quip about how the networks didn’t want to let Noel Neill be shown eating the Kellogg’s cereal with George Reeves, but they didn’t see anything wrong with showing Clark and Jimmy sitting at the breakfast table together.

Such a good documentary that one. Got it amongst my blu-ray collection discs and very in-depth but obviously only goes as far as SR's history given when it was made.

Can't they redub that documentary to have someone other than Kevin Spacey narrating?

I avoided rewatching that doc specifically because of how Spacey (and Singer)-heavy I remember it being. A shame, because it was one of my favorite Superman docs. We need a new in-depth feature-length one like that. It's been 14 years since that one came out. But obviously they'd want to wait 'til there's some new Supes movie to hype up.

I avoided rewatching that doc specifically because of how Spacey (and Singer)-heavy I remember it being. A shame, because it was one of my favorite Superman docs. We need a new in-depth feature-length one like that. It's been 14 years since that one came out. But obviously they'd want to wait 'til there's some new Supes movie to hype up.

The way to get round Superman Returns is either to remove all trace of Bryan Singer and Kevin Spacey, or to remove Brandon Routh from it and replace him with some other abuser and then dump the film somewhere.

I remember when we were going to get

Harvey Weinstein presents:
A film by Roman Polanski
Red Sonja
Directed by Bryan Singer
Also starring Kevin Spacey and Bill Cosby
Screenplay by Woody Allen
:o

So with that, DC Fandome is officially over. As much as I absolutely loved the event, I'm really disappointed that they took everything down as quickly as they did by ending the event. There was so much content that it was impossible to watch it all in one day (especially when people have to work around their work/school schedules, etc). If nothing else, I really think they should have at least kept everything up for an entire weekend rather than a day. I can't even imagine how bad it would have been if they hadn't split the days up and we would have had to navigate all of the first part's big panels along with everything from yesterday all in one day! And I just know already that a lot of the smaller scale panels and such probably didn't get archived by anybody.

All in all, I did love DC Fandome though and really hope this isn't the last we see of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"