DC Universe - Justice League Dark: Apokalips War (2020)

This whole universe was def a mixed bag but for me the highlights were:

Justice League War
Throne of Atlantis
Teen Titans; The Judas Contract
Justice League Dark
Suicide Squad Hell to Pay
Death and Reign of Superman

The rest ranged from mediocre to weak entries.

Oh and i dont know if it counts but that standalone Constantine movie was very very good too.

This whole universe was def a mixed bag but for me the highlights were:

Justice League War
Throne of Atlantis
Teen Titans; The Judas Contract
Justice League Dark
Suicide Squad Hell to Pay
Death and Reign of Superman

The rest ranged from mediocre to weak entries.

Oh and i dont know if it counts but that standalone Constantine movie was very very good too.

The only one of those that I wasn't a big fan of was Teen Titans:The Judas Contract, but for the most part I have enjoyed the majority of these DC animated movies. The highlights for me were definitely The Death of Superman, Apokolips War, Suicide Squad Hell to Pay, Justice League Dark and Constantine: City of Demons.

Just got done watching it, and it’s kind of entertaining but super messy. Glad there won’t be any more entries from this universe, good riddance, I say. I hope they ditch the wannabe anime style and go with something more aesthetically creative. They don’t need to go back to the old Timm-style but please let’s get something different and the next animated Superman movie looks to be that.

This is pretty much my take. I’m glad some enjoyed this, but this felt like “fan fiction” to me in a lot of some spots. Admittedly though some scenes put a smile on my face.

This universe had some good film entries (Death fo Superman, and Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay in particular), but I’m excited to see a new story going forward.

I keep thinking about how awesome this was.

So many great character moments. I have to say, the one thing that would make it better would be more focus on the big 7.

This really felt like DC’s answer to Endgame. ****ing AWESOME. I loved it.

Now I’m sad to see this universe go... didn’t think that’d happen.

I keep thinking about how awesome this was.

So many great character moments. I have to say, the one thing that would make it better would be more focus on the big 7.

This really felt like DC’s answer to Endgame. ****ing AWESOME. I loved it.

Now I’m sad to see this universe go... didn’t think that’d happen.

Would love to hear your standout moments—I agree that it would have been nice to see more of the Big 7, but I found myself really enjoying Constantine in the lead.

I kinda got a little bit of chills when
Superman back in his classic form appeared behind Darkseid and we hear that heroic music drum up, and then starts kickin his butt, THAT's the kind of Superman moment we need to see in a live action film.

I kinda got a little bit of chills when
Superman back in his classic form appeared behind Darkseid and we hear that heroic music drum up, and then starts kickin his butt, THAT's the kind of Superman moment we need to see in a live action film.

We got something "close" to that.:o

DemandingFlawlessGerbil-size_restricted.gif

I agree with the "entertaining but messy" description. The way how they
ignored Darkseid knowing the JL's plan was just confusing/dumb, like no explanation HOW he had footage..

Towards the end there were some really entertaining an awesome, though some were expected. And when they
saved Flash, you just knew there would timey wimey wibbly wobbly stuff in the end...

I'd probably give this an 8+/10. I hope the animation is better in the new animated universe. Because it didn't help that I watched the Clone Wars finale on Monday morning our time. Not a good place for any animation to follow that. :funny:

I'm still trying to figure out on how the JL were able to beat Darkseid so easily in War and nearly died in this film.

I'm still trying to figure out on how the JL were able to beat Darkseid so easily in War and nearly died in this film.

Well he did have Paradooms, and since Doomsday defeated the JL and killed Superman, a Parademon/Doomsday hybrid would do more damage to the enemies. Plus, like anyone else, failure leads to you learning from your mistakes and taking better decisions. So Darkseid fits that. And finally, Cyborg was being used, so your enemy knowing everything planned before they're able to do that plan adds to it too.

Well he did have Paradooms, and since Doomsday defeated the JL and killed Superman, a Parademon/Doomsday hybrid would do more damage to the enemies. Plus, like anyone else, failure leads to you learning from your mistakes and taking better decisions. So Darkseid fits that. And finally, Cyborg was being used, so your enemy knowing everything planned before they're able to do that plan adds to it too.

Those points I did get. What I was mainly referring to was how he seemed weaker, as a character, where he had gotten his ass handed to him when the league had taken him on together in War. Yet in this film, he was able to take everyone on and still hold his own.

Not a huge fan of the grimdark Flashpoint style stories, because the consequences never feel real, but there was some neat stuff her I've never seen before, namely:

-Justice League turned into other Cyborgs
-Paradooms
-Cyborg sacrificing himself to destroy Apokalips (I hope someone makes a better version of this story nugget someday)
-The 'remember' bit was clever too

Definitely not one my favorites of the universe, which are probably Justice League War (Cringey at times, I know, but it was a pretty fun origin romp) and Death and Return of Superman.

I think consistency was a major issue with these animated movies. Voice actor's changing all the time, costume changes, JL roster changes. Superman being with Wonder Woman in one movie, then with Lois Lane in the next with hardly any explanation.

It was okay. Some good to great moments.
6 / 10.
On with the next...

Looking forward to the next DCAU...will the Man of Tomorrow film kick it off or is that a standalone?

So Snyderholics are trying to claim this film stole some of Snyder’s ideas. You just can’t make this crap up.

Looking forward to the next DCAU...will the Man of Tomorrow film kick it off or is that a standalone?

They haven’t really committed to saying maybe they want to see how it does first.

So did anyone here find any of the deaths shown on the screen to be too graphic/much for them at first?

I read online that the deaths were pretty graphic so I had it built up in my head. When I actually watched the movie, though, it wasn’t as bad as my own imagination hahaha. So I didn’t think it was all that graphic.

I read online that the deaths were pretty graphic so I had it built up in my head. When I actually watched the movie, though, it wasn’t as bad as my own imagination hahaha. So I didn’t think it was all that graphic.

I think the one death that truly stood to me due to its graphic nature and horror was Mera's. Seeing her screaming with her eyes opened wide in horror as the paradooms were opening her face was definitely something that I wasn't prepared for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"