DC vs. ???

Obsidian Idea

The light is blinding
Reaction score
Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is, as we all can agree, one of the best 2D-3D fighters ever...but I'm longing for DC to get the same treatment...and I'm not talking about DC vs. MK...I want DC vs a company like Capcom.

Of course we would all love to see Marvel vs. DC...but before that, DC should have a run like Marvel did...

I would like to see DC vs Capcom, but at the same time that seems copycat-ish...what about a different company...DC vs. Konami or DC vs. Square Enix...what do you guys think?

Well, they did do something like that already with DC vs Mortal Kombat. Though, I guess you mean something that's more well received than that one was? Well, I don't know, I guess the logical idea for me is to kind of take what Marvel did with Capcom with Capcom's rival, SNK. They don't quite have the iconic line-up that Capcom does, true, but there's still a lot of material to mine there for a fighter. And, in a meta-ish way, it'd be pretty interesting with Marvel and DC being primary rivals in their respective fields, and Capcom and SNK being primary rivals (or at least...where, I don't know so much now) in theirs. Otherwise, I don't know...Tekken?

Though, kind of off topically, I really didn't mind the idea of DC vs MK. I know a lot of people didn't care for it and thought it didn't fit, but in actuality, there's quite a bit of magic in the DCU and characters like Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman interact with that a lot more than most people think. Since the new MK was so refined with its mechanics, and they could have a bit more freedom with it, I wouldn't even mind them trying a go at that one again.

I would love a 2d DC fighting game!

DC vs. Marvel. I have no idea when it would happen, but I'm guessing Marvel's half of the roster would consist of a bunch of obscure characters that they are trying to hype up for their latest comic / movie / cartoon / whatever while DC's would be full of fan favorites. ;)

I want a more proper MK vs DC game, that's like the new MK game. Perhaps with some gore? Blackest Night showed that DC isn't squeamish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"