Marvel vs Capcom 2 on XBLA and PSN

Isildur´s Heir

Avenger
Reaction score
Well, i don´t know about the PSN, but i 100% positive that it will happen, it´s Capcom afterall, and they don´t make exclusives anymore.
There is no official word, but, achievements for this game have surfaced over at X360A

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/marvel-vs-capcom-2/achievements/

From what i could gather, the game is due sometime in July.
Could this mean a Capcom vs Marvel 3 is in the making?
Personally, i believe so, but then again, i believe that since MK vs DC came to be.

Can someone post the achievements....my work won't let me on that site.

Yeah, surely to God they'll be putting this out on the PS3. I will be boiling mad if they don't. There's no reason why they wouldn't, though. Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix did well on PSN and is still played fairly frequently and SFIV did just as well on the PS3 as the 360 and is played a lot. If they don't put it on PSN I'll kill somebody, and I suck ass at the games.

What makes you say July, though?

Isildur´s Heir;16772843 said:
Well, i don´t know about the PSN, but i 100% positive that it will happen, it´s Capcom afterall, and they don´t make exclusives anymore.
There is no official word, but, achievements for this game have surfaced over at X360A

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/marvel-vs-capcom-2/achievements/

From what i could gather, the game is due sometime in July.
Could this mean a Capcom vs Marvel 3 is in the making?
Personally, i believe so, but then again, i believe that since MK vs DC came to be.
It's the only game that I consistently play on arcades. To be able to throw down online with it...

Can someone post the achievements....my work won't let me on that site.

Here you go

Mega Buster 10G Win 50 Ranked Matches online.
-tcVaA==.jpg
#1 in the Hood 20G Win 100 Ranked Matches online.
-zft+w==.jpg
I Am Doom 20G Defeat opponent in under 15 seconds. (Multiplayer)
+pUGAg==.jpg
Hyakuretsu Kyaku 10G Perform a 100 hit combo. (Multiplayer)
+3X+kQ==.jpg
Berserker Barrage 20G Perform a 200 hit combo. (Multiplayer)
+VT3JA==.jpg

Shun Goku Satsu
10G Perform a 3 part hyper combo. (Multiplayer)
+LQPtw==.jpg
The Best There Is (At What I Do) 50G Perform 50 One Character Victories within 20 unique teams. (Ranked Match)
+5MbuQ==.jpg
Get Out Of Here!!! 10G Perform 10 snapbacks within 20 unique teams. (Ranked Match)
+nPjKg==.jpg
Avengers Assemble! 20G Beat the game with Avengers theme team. (Arcade Mode)
+c0O6w==.jpg
Vampire Saviors 10G Beat the game with Darkstalkers theme team. (Arcade Mode)
++wHXg==.jpg
Uncanny Heroes 10G Beat the game with X-Men theme team. (Arcade Mode)

World Warriors10G Beat the game with Street Fighter theme team. (Arcade Mode)

Last edited:
Oh yea, I have been wanting this game again for quite a while...so I'm very excited about this news.

edit: Thanks Teardrop. I'm not liking some of the achievements....since I can't remember how to do 100+ combos in the game....I remember Mega Man had a great 100+ combo, but it's been years since I've been able to do it.

edit: Thanks Teardrop. I'm not liking some of the achievements....since I can't remember how to do 100+ combos in the game....I remember Mega Man had a great 100+ combo, but it's been years since I've been able to do it.

Yeah, I'm not even sure what a hyper combo is, lol, it's been a LONG time since I played any of the Capcom/Marvel mix-ups.

I was sadden that there was no achievement referencing Tron Bonne

There should have been an achievement having you finish the game as a Mega Man team. That would give you the choice to making a team consisting of Mega Man, Roll, Tronne Bonne, or the Servebot.

I'm also a huge Tronne Bonne fan, and when it comes out you'll see just how effective she was in battle. :up:

Considering the only way I can currently play this game is through an emulator, spending $100 on a used copy, or burn an unlicensed CD-r in my Dreamcast, I'd definitely look forward to getting this game through PSN and being able to play it online.

The only drawback though, is that I bet it'll still have a crappy soundtrack. I have an unofficial modified version of the game called "MVC2: Accurate Remix" that has a much better sound track, and it kicks ass. With a little luck though, MAYBE Capcom will be kind enough to let us use custom tracks...

Oh yea, I have been wanting this game again for quite a while...so I'm very excited about this news.

XBLA is the home to some of the hardest achievements.

I had MvC2 for the Dreamcast, it will be fun to play it again.

Isildur´s Heir;16773891 said:
I don´t have any idea if the date is accurated or not, but i got it from the article in Destructoid.
They came up with that date because it looks like a product called the "Marvel vs Capcom Tournament Edition Arcade Stick" is to be made available for purchase to British people starting on July 10, 2009, for both the PS3 and the 360.

http://www.destructoid.com/rumortoid-marvel-vs-capcom-2-on-360-ps3-by-october--128959.phtml

Very, very interesting. Yeah, that's definitely something they would release either simultaneously or very close to the date of the game

YES! the saddest thing about my 360 is that it wont play my Marvel Vs Capcom 2. Now I can just download the sonuva*****.
Hells yeah.

Great news! Can't wait to play this game online. Favorite fighting game of all time.

Is it just me or does MvsC2 get a new thread on this board like once every three months?

Great news! Can't wait to play this game online. Favorite fighting game of all time.

Is it just me or does MvsC2 get a new thread on this board like once every three months?

This is the first one I've ever seen about it personally, does this type of thread pop up a lot?

This is the first one I've ever seen about it personally, does this type of thread pop up a lot?

Thread's about MvsC2 seem to come up a lot. I remeber one that was just an appreciation thread a little while back, and another about some game developer's comment about a possible third. And I'm pretty sure others have been started just on the hope that a third may come out one day. I dunno, it seems like people talk about this game a lot on here.

So i guess i can go ahead and sell my Dreamcast copy? I mean this is pretty concrete right?

So i guess i can go ahead and sell my Dreamcast copy? I mean this is pretty concrete right?

Well, I wouldn't yet, I mean this is pretty solid. List of achievements with pics, plus a MVC2 Arcade Stick coming in July. I would wait until Capcom comes right out and says, We're doing it, fo' real, before I sold my copy

Well, I wouldn't yet, I mean this is pretty solid. List of achievements with pics, plus a MVC2 Arcade Stick coming in July. I would wait until Capcom comes right out and says, We're doing it, fo' real, before I sold my copy

yea and thats what i thought, im just worried that the minute they do that, the resale price will drop down to like 20 bux. I mean i can get anywhere from 50-70 bux for this game now.

If I still had it, I would never sell my Dreamcast copy. That thing has got to be worth something... right? Even if not, I would hang onto it for the collector in me. There's a pretty big handful of people that still own and play Dreamcasts. When I lived in my school's dorm, I lived right next door to a guy who played PowerStone, like everyday (he smelled bad though). Given that, I bet there's someone out there who would pay a decent price for the game. But I'd still keep it.

XBLA is the home to some of the hardest achievements.

I had MvC2 for the Dreamcast, it will be fun to play it again.

Yeah, but then there's also really easy games like "Dash of Destruction" & "Uno".

I can't wait for this to come out. I've never played these games before, they sound awesome.

I still remember that jazzy tune during the character select.

"gonna take you for a ride!"

Yeah, but then there's also really easy games like "Dash of Destruction" & "Uno".

I can't wait for this to come out. I've never played these games before, they sound awesome.

Dude. MARVEL. CAPCOM. Its awesome.

I really hope MvC is indeed coming out for XBLA; I'd download it in a heartbeat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"