Marvel vs Capcom 2 on XBLA and PSN

I don't know, I'm getting the PSN version, but from most of the reviews I've read, and judging from the PSN demo, there really isn't much different. The filters make a little difference, but it just looks like a slightly crisper looking version of the same game

Eh, the sprites were already impressive back in the arcade days, so that's not a big deal.

got this today for psn.

apparently, i blow at this game. almost everyone destroys me.

so i haerd apparently the demo isn't even worth the download..

Depends. If you have someone else to play with it's not too bad, but otherwise it's kind of crappy. You get six characters, but you can only play local multiplayer and not even spar with the computer.

I finally managed to get the game from Gamestop. What happened to all the extras that were supposed to be in the retail pack? Oh well, at least it was cheaper than buying it online

I think they cut them all out to match the online price. The subscription to Marvel Digital Comics was kind of cool though, so that was a good deal.

This games is great..forgot how much i loved it..
went online last night for a few matches...whooped some ass with spider-man...went for 6 matches unbeaten only using spidey...awesome stuff.
Then i got tired so turned it off!!

Clipboard02-1.jpg
Am I the only one who sees something wrong here? How can a guy with more victories AND a bigger victory percentage be second? Am I terrible at math, or just ignorant of how ranking actually works?

I think it's based off the points you earn in MVC2 matches as opposed to your win/loses.

this game is awesome because of how good guile is.

i suck at the game besides him though.

Look at who's in 4th and that'll really boggle your mind. :o

"pringles" is an inside joke among the tournament players. I believe it originated in thia vid

[YT]<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sZZUMjoxfZA&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sZZUMjoxfZA&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>[/YT]

I finally managed to get a PSN card and buy this game, but man, I'm not used to the total chaos at all anymore.

Last edited:
I finally managed to get a PSN card and buy this game, but man, I'm not use to the total chaos at all anymore.
Try playing a scoreboard match. I did for the first time last night and got owned big time. The guy was throwing out some crazy moves and combos and I barely got an hits in

I already get kicked around playing regular matches. As if the speed and ability to combo isn't enough, I've got to look out for two other characters that could kick me in the face at any moment. I'll need a long time to build up my reflexes again.

I get even spanked by the AI. I can't believe that there was a time that I played this and didn't suck.

It does take quite a bit of readjusting to.

I ****ing give up. I just can't beat this. Most matches start with me getting a 8 hit combo straight in the face and getting pummeled to my death.

this game can be really tough. Personally, i dont play it very often. The game is horribly imbalanced

but, to give the game credit...it is a pretty deep engine. Not noob friendly. Most people you see online have been playing Marvel religiously over the years. That is a lot of catching up to do

also, you guys need to learn the advance mechanics. Some times it feels like somebody has you in an infinite when they dont. You need to learn tech rolling, tech throws, snapbacks, when to use assists properly, and which assists are the best to use.

its a complicated game. There are good guides written up on gamefaqs

MVC2 is perfectly balanced. One side of the select screen is massive more powered than the other side

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"