DC's "What If...?"

thealiasman2000

Sidekick
Reaction score
Remember Marvel's "What If...?" line?

Well, in the spirit of those comics, I'm making a "What If...?" thread for DC Comics.

In it, I'm asking how would the following changes affect the regular DC continuty.

So, I ask, WHAT IF...

-..."The Killing Joke" never happened, and Barbara Gordon was never shot by The Joker?

-...a police officer passed by the night Joe Chill mugged the Waynes, and he arrested him before Chill could fire a single shot?

-...Parallax never possesed Hal Jordan?

-...in a rift in the space-time continuum, Terry McGinnis was sent into the alternate future from "The Dark Knight Returns"?

-...V (from "V for Vendetta"), the Watchmen, Jesse Custer (from "Preacher") and The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen existed in the regular DC universe?

-...Earth Prime was OUR world (ie. the real world)?

-...Robin and Starfire had a daughter?

-...The Matrix Supergirl never ceased to exist?

-...Wonder Woman didn't kill Maxwell Lord?

What do you think?

thealiasman2000 said:
-...V (from "V for Vendetta"), the Watchmen, Jesse Custer (from "Preacher") and The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen existed in the regular DC universe?

Now, this idea sounds interesting. Most likely:

LXG would be considered the world's first super team.

V would be a wanted terrorist/vigilante.

The Minutemen would have beemm members of the All Star Squadron.

Dr. Manhatten would have founded the Justice League, which would now be government sponsored (instead of simply allowed to operate by and cooperating with the government).

Batman and Rorschach would be rivals.

Ozymandias and Luthor would have been buisness partners and would have been behind the "fake an alien invasion" thing together.

Jesse, Cassidy, and Tulip would probably have run into John Constantine, who would start running with them. They also would have probably met Dr. Fate, Captain Marvel, Lucifer, and The Endless.

The Saint of Killers would be a host of The Spectre.

thealiasman2000 said:
-...Robin and Starfire had a daughter?

Kingdom Come and that Teen Titans Arc *searches for name*

Basically this thread is about ideas for DC's Elseworld series? ;)

Johnny Blaze said:

I know her name... :p *Mr. I-Know-Everything*

I was trying to remember the name of the TT Arc in which we saw her, outside of an Elseworld book...

twylight said:
I know her name... :p *Mr. I-Know-Everything*

I was trying to remember the name of the TT Arc in which we saw her, outside of an Elseworld book...
This is what I get for trying to help. :(

No one likes my Preacher/Alan Moore characters in continuity ideas?

I always thought what if Thomas Wayne had been the one not killed by Joe Chill instead of Bruce would be momre interesting than "what if Bruce's parents hadn't been killed?"

What if Superman hadn't come back after the being killed by Doomsday?

yenaled said:
I always thought what if Thomas Wayne had been the one not killed by Joe Chill instead of Bruce would be momre interesting than "what if Bruce's parents hadn't been killed?"

Wasn't there an Elseworlds with this already? I think I may have read something like that.

The one i was really interested in (What if Bruce Wayne had gotten the GL ring) was already done. Although I would rather a trained Bruce Wayne, not the beat down one in the Elseworlds.

Johnny Blaze said:
This is what I get for trying to help. :(

No, I'm just a defensive comic fan. Specifically because I"m a female. :(

We are so overlooked in the lore of comics. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"