Uuhh uuuhh uuhhh! (zombie talk for...THE OFFICIAL 'DEAD RISING' THREAD!!)

Reaction score
I can't believe there's not a thread about this game already.
Just some sheetay one about the demo :mad:
I mean, the game is only one month away!

Anyways, I just read Gamespot's latest preview and oh boy....
I'm going to try to pack this thread with previews, pictures, info, movies, etc, so you guys and gals feel free to contribute, hmmkay?

So! Off we go....to know more about what could very well be one of the best games of the year, if not EVEEEER!
GO!
--------------
Official Site: http://ww2.capcom.com/deadrising/

Dead Rising follows the harrowing tale of Frank West, an overly zealous freelance photojournalist on a hunt for the scoop of a lifetime. In pursuit of a juicy lead, he makes his way to a small suburban town only to find that it has become overrun by zombies. He escapes to the local shopping mall, thinking it will be a bastion of safety but it turns out to be anything but. It will be a true struggle to survive the endless stream of undead, but players will have full reign of a realistic shopping center, utilizing anything they find to fight off the flesh-hungry mob and search for the truth behind the horrendous epidemic. The variety of different stores in the mall offers players an endless supply of resources including vehicles, makeshift weapons and more. Players will also encounter other survivors along the way and by helping them can acquire valuable clues as to what has happened.

--------------

Features:

* Real-time gameplay: Time marches on whether Frank is actively engaged or simply stationary.

* Dynamic enemies: Record numbers of zombies come in never-ending waves and react to their environment. Though they move slowly during the day, the zombies become stronger and faster at night, making it even more dangerous for players to survive. These former humans have also retained some memory of their previous lives, giving them unique behaviors and appearances.

* Visual clarity: Playing in native 720p resolution allows for unprecedented detail and clarity in gameplay.

* Weapons aplenty: The variety of stores available to you in the mall offer an endless supply of resources, including vehicles, makeshift weapons, and food.

* Save and learn: Encounter other survivors along the way. Helping them will give you more clues as to what has happened and what you need to do to stop it.

--------------

Previews:

Dead Rising First Look

Dead Rising Hands on 1

Dead Rising Hands on 2

Dead Rising CES 2006 Update

Dead Rising Hands on 3

Dead Rising Updated Impressions

Dead Rising E3 2006 Impressions

Super special Gamespot Hands on Preview of the demo (posted today, complete with some VERY cool info, and 3 new videos)

-----------

Media! (Pictures and movies)

Dead Rising: Full Length Trailer

Dead Rising: Full Length Trailer HD

Dead Rising: TGS Gameplay Footage #1

Dead Rising: TGS Gameplay Footage #2

Dead Rising: Mall of Doom!

Dead Rising: Another Day in the Mall

Pictures:

1145035885.jpg

1145035730.jpg

(yeah!)
1142900435.jpg

1140221014.jpg

1140219573.jpg

1140219572.jpg

------------------

This game does own, and it's not even out yet. :eek:

Chick with sniper rifle = hottness.

Themes = pretty kickass.

Looking at the early shots the game has come a long way. Looks less cartoony now and there is alot more detail in everything :up:

If it's for the 360 I'll be playing it.

it is indeed for the 360...exclusive, even :o...I cant wait for it either, it's one of the 3 games I'm really looking forward to along with Saints Row and Superman Returns

Gams I made like three threads on this in the past, but like my bioshock thread, people just let it die :( :( :( so I am glad you resurrected it :up:

This game sold the x box 360 to me. Nothing else. I mean theres been a **** load of great games announced since, but this game MADE the purchase for me.

I love zombies. I love zombie games. so yeah :p

and for all you RE fans, I have seen a map of the mall and one of the resturants is called ''Jill's Sandwhiches'' ;) :D

I would love to see a locksmith's shop called ''The Master of Unlocking''...

Gammy v.2 said:
I did a search and all :(

aww gammy I was just saying Im glad someone else really wants the game....it probably was so old it got deleted . but I am glad you started this thread, that gamespot hands on kicks ass :D

I hope there is some sort of online thing so we can team up and kick zombie ass online :up:

That'd be just AMAZING.
Don't count on it though, this seems to be single player only.
But still, best game ever.

Gammy v.2 said:
That'd be just AMAZING.
Don't count on it though, this seems to be single player only.
But still, best game ever.

I know :( but there's always a sequel :)

I can't wait to get my hands on the vehicles, especially tanks!!!

And the kill 1000 zombies hand to hand for the karate champ achievement is something I will now have to do since I consider it a personal challenge :D

Crap... Now I HAVE to get a 360. Oh well :D It'll be worth it.

This is probably my most anticipated game for the 360 other than Superman Returns, i cant wait for this game.

I was planning on getting either a PS3 or 360. I was waiting to see what the PS3 would be like, but I suppose I could go for this a little early, mostly because all we're getting from Sony about this is bull****.

it was the first reason I decided to buy a 360 instead of PS3.

This game is tempting me soooo much to buy a 360. I was originally thinking of getting the Wii but now I'm torn. What's the european release for this?

The only iffy thing I have about this game, is it's length.

From what I read you have 72 hours to escape the mall alive. And those 72 hours game time, ammount to like 2-3 hours real time.

I mean, it's an interesting concept, you have to try and do as much in that time. Then replay it to do something different. But I just wish it wasn't as crunched as it sounds.

Otherwise it looks amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"