Deadpool 3

Or how about this? Just recast the damn role and start from scratch.

I can't stand Reynolds as an actor and the character was irritating beyond belief...
please-dont-do-that.gif

I like Vanessa but I really hope that they can do a story not involving her so much and obviously no more Russell.

I like Vanessa but I really hope that they can do a story not involving her so much and obviously no more Russell.

I mean, I like Fire Fist and all, but there's no reason to assume he'd be a factor in a third film the way we could assume supporting characters like Negasonic or Colossus would. Same with Domino or Cable. Fire Fist's arc is pretty much done.

This is, of course, assuming anyone else besides Reynolds is kept over, anyway.

Looking more and more like a FOXmen Deadpool film..Which is funny considering Marvel has the rights to the character now.

Reynolds has to stay to prevent a bloated 250 million budget where Deadpool fights a soul sucking Dragon or a cgi army in the third act..Lets not MCU-up Deadpool too much now.

Hmm...did Marvel actually confirm that they're bringing Deadpool into the MCU at all? I can't remember. I wonder if it's possible they'll just ignore the buyout and make a regular Deadpool sequel that ignores the MCU. Like it's kinda odd that they're still so focused on crossing over with Jackman's Wolverine these days and not the potential MCU crossovers.

Hmm...did Marvel actually confirm that they're bringing Deadpool into the MCU at all? I can't remember. I wonder if it's possible they'll just ignore the buyout and make a regular Deadpool sequel that ignores the MCU. Like it's kinda odd that they're still so focused on crossing over with Jackman's Wolverine these days and not the potential MCU crossovers.

They confirmed DP3 will be in the MCU.

They can get away with casting Hugh Jackman in the film as either as himself or in some non-descript cameo ala Stan Lee. Like if Deadpool gets a package delivered to him, the delivery man could be Jackman. Or he and Cable eat some food via Uber Eats and the delivery guy is played by Hugh. Another scenario is that he and Domino and Cable could have drinks at a bar and the bartender is played by Jackman. Or if they want him in a significant role, he could play a documentary film maker who is fan of Deadpool and wants to document his every move so Deadpool doing "4th wall breaks" would actually be him talking to the documentary film maker.

So if he's Deadpool 3, they can cast Hugh Jackman that way without casting him as Wolverine. People think that if he's going to be in Deadpool 3, they automatically think he's going back to play Wolverine, when it could be that he plays a non-descript character in a cameo.

That wasn't exactly confirmation that Hugh Jackman was in the movie.

Also, technically, Hugh Jackman did make a cameo in Deadpool 2.

6v2b9d.gif

What everyone now wants to see, yes it will be fun/y!
Although I like the Deadpool films, I couldn't give a $#! about Reynolds self-hype drama non-event that is Deadpool vs Wolverine. The ultimate MCU live action vs. I would still really want to see is Hulk vs Wolverine.
If Feige was going to capitulate, it should have been to get that epic fight made.

6v2e1i.jpg

Last edited:
I hope its the penultimate Marvel films for those two before Avengers: Secret Wars.

Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman imo, have overstayed. 1999/2008 (the year they started filming their reXpective character) are such a long time. I just want to see someone else play the 616 version.

They can get away with casting Hugh Jackman in the film as either as himself or in some non-descript cameo ala Stan Lee. Like if Deadpool gets a package delivered to him, the delivery man could be Jackman. Or he and Cable eat some food via Uber Eats and the delivery guy is played by Hugh. Another scenario is that he and Domino and Cable could have drinks at a bar and the bartender is played by Jackman. Or if they want him in a significant role, he could play a documentary film maker who is fan of Deadpool and wants to document his every move so Deadpool doing "4th wall breaks" would actually be him talking to the documentary film maker.

So if he's Deadpool 3, they can cast Hugh Jackman that way without casting him as Wolverine. People think that if he's going to be in Deadpool 3, they automatically think he's going back to play Wolverine, when it could be that he plays a non-descript character in a cameo.

Post didn't age too well...

Well jackman no longer has a contract with fox so that doesn’t matter!! I don’t remember when Deadpool 3 is suppose to come out!! That stuff with marvel having to abide by some stipulation in the contract was up in 2025 I thought?? So does it matter if Reynolds mega sonic domino and cable get used?? X men probably gonna hit by n 2026 so that won’t matter anyways

Well jackman no longer has a contract with fox so that doesn’t matter!! I don’t remember when Deadpool 3 is suppose to come out!! That stuff with marvel having to abide by some stipulation in the contract was up in 2025 I thought?? So does it matter if Reynolds mega sonic domino and cable get used?? X men probably gonna hit by n 2026 so that won’t matter anyways

September 6, 2024.

Last edited:
but isn't the point of her character is that she doesn't age?

Deadpool 3: Dafne Keen Was Reportedly in Talks to Reprise X23 Role Before Strikes - Comic Book Movies and Superhero Movie News - SuperHeroHype

Honestly they should have already used her in DP2 as the angry volatile kid he has to protect, instead of that "fire fist" kid.
Also he could have played the 4th wall break- I asked for Wolverine, I got this instead! -shtick.

Hopefully this inevitably comes to fruition, she's looking even more like X-23
Fdl5gz3.jpg
Would make me happy. :D

but isn't the point of her character is that she doesn't age?

No?

The wolverine mutation makes him (and her by extension) long lived and age slowly. It didn't make him stay a kid or teenager his whole life. And he did get old after about 150-200 years or so.

I feel indifference with legacy characters. I hope MCU X-Men will have none of that. Or at least not in the first ten years.

I don't see any problem with the MCU X-men using Laura at whatever point they want.

Or the stepford cuckoos. Or Hope. Or Wing. Or Blindfold. Or Shard. Or Siryn. Shatterstar. Warpath. Husk. Douglock. Rachel Summers. Nate Grey. Cable. Polaris. Quicksilver. Scarlet Witch. Legion.

bad place, even Psylocke started out as the conveniently great in a fight, hot-shot pilot twin sister of a famous hero who then slowly developed powers as a result of something a bad guy did to her as part of his plan to take down her brother. And she directly paralleled her brother's character arc of coming to realize how much she actually loved adventure and genuinely wanted to be a superhero despite the whole thing having been forced on her at first.

Last edited:
Polaris isn't a legacy character though and doesn't look identical to Magneto. Nobody sees Quicksilver sees Magneto 2.0 anyway.

Its not the same as having:
X-23
Daken
Jimmy Hudson
Honey Badger

Who are obvious Wolverine clones. Thats what I meant by a legacy character. Being a sister or brother of a superhero doesn't automatically mean they are a legacy character. I don't see Havok as a legacy character of Cyclops.

As for Psylocke, she's not in the shadows of Captain Britain. Psylocke is a bigger comic book character that have already crossovered in cartoons, videogames and movies. I don't think that can be said to Captain Britain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"