Deadpool 3 vs Daredevil soft-reboot.

Reaction score
We known that they both will have actors reprising there roles from Non-Marvel Studios productions which were also mature rated with Deadpool movies being Rated R while Netflix Daredevil being rated TV-MA. They are now having with Deadpool a third movie set in the MCU while Daredevil has a soft -reboot also in the MCU. I have a feeling that Deadpool will mostly be its own thing with maybe a reference or so from other MCU properties but prob stand on its own. For Daredevil I think it will prob have a lot more references or cameo due to reasons you probably known. With that it mind I have a feeling that Deadpool will retain its R Rating due to Not wanting to make the fans angry, Ryan Reynolds etc. while Daredevil will be TV-14 due to more connections etc. Which property is more likely to keep its mature rating?

Is a Daredevil series even confirmed at this point?

I haven't seen that, thank you for posting!

To answer your question, Deadpool is more likely to stay R-rated.

I'm excited for both but cauiosuly optimistic for Daredevil going through the Disney/MCU lens just because the quality of the D+ shows - writing, choreography and effects has been subpar - compared to the Netflix stuff.

I do think Hawkeye came close to that level out of all the shows but there was that grittiness that I doubt will transfer.

There should be an option neither, which is the most likely scenario. But out of these, definitely Deadpool.

He also said that Moon Knight would be brutal and bloody and there was barely any violence in there. I think Deadpool is going to be R, but a much safer R, that fits the Disney brand. If that makes sense.

I think the disney plus series on average is better then netflix non canon mcu,including
What if.
Looking at Rt scored for critics and audiences they would agree as well.
The cgi/effects of the disney plus shows are clearly better/ superior then the netflix marvel shows by the way.

I mean, not only is Deadpool the character who needs the R rating more (Daredevil works fine as a PG13 character, too) he is also the character who Disney and Feige have already repeatedly confirmed will be R rated. They haven't made any committment yet about what rating DD will have. So it's pretty obvious what the answer to this question is.

I think the disney plus series on average is better then netflix non canon mcu,including
What if.
Looking at Rt scored for critics and audiences they would agree as well.
The cgi/effects of the disney plus shows are clearly better/ superior then the netflix marvel shows by the way.
Netflix shows barely had any CGI and special effects due to the more grounded and realistic approach, so it's an unfair comparison. Also they started coming out back in 2015 where the state of TV was different. Daredevil was pretty big production for the time it was released. And Rotten Tomatoes is only one place to take into account. For instance Daredevil and Punisher have better IMDB scores than any Disney+ show and it's my understanding that the former is far more popular than any other Marvel series.

Truth is the Netflix shows have been extremely inconsistent. They had some great seasons and some really garbage ones. Disney+ shows never dropped to that level of quality, but neither did they reach that pick. Pretty much how Disney plays ball in general.

Deadpool for sure. I'd be seriously shocked if Disney DD got anywhere near to the violence we saw in Netflix DD...

As for DP, I'm not a fan of the Fox films so I could personally care less. But I would probably wanna temper my expectations if I were into them, which obviously many people are.

I'm sure we'll get some cartoonish violence and non-offensive gore in order to justify a 'manufactured' R rating, but the profanity aspect will likely be toned way down for the Disneyfied version.

Disney always needs to stay on-brand, a problem Fox didn't have.

Its probably Rated R because they don't want people to complain that they soften up these two characters, but also eXpect probably its not going to be that bloody hardcore.

I for one don't enjoy going to the eXtreme when it comes to Marvel movies.

How Deadpool 3 will take place in the MCU? when there is not Mutants or X-Men yet? how they will explain that Deadpool is a Mutant? will Deadpool be the first Mutant that show up in the MCU? or Deadpool 3 will be separate from MCU like the Venom movies

It isn't really Deadpool 3.

I can't see Disney keeping the continuity of D1 and D2 when there are rebooting Daredevil for D+.

Same lead actor, new continuity set in the MCU.

As for the mutants, we had 1 so far, just in a different reality.

Deadpool doesn't belong in the MCU. Deadpool 3 should remain a 20th Century Studios production.

I like Deadpool, they did a lot with very little from Fox. I don't have to really watch Deadpool 2 again. I was there for the guest stars and not the storyline. So Daredevil easily.

Deadpool is a comedy. That gives it greater leeway to be "adult" while still having mass market appeal. It's the same reason why the Simpsons, Family Guy, and South Park are way more successful than any serious, dramatic adult western cartoon could ever be.

Daredevil could still be mature, but Disney would have to be willing to take a bigger hit to the viewership (and thus the budget for the show) in order to do so.

Deadpool doesn't belong in the MCU. Deadpool 3 should remain a 20th Century Studios production.

It's already confirmed that it will be part of the MCU. That's not in question at this point. The only question is how exactly it will connect to the first two Deadpool films.

Recently the writers said they would be making a "fish out of water" story, which sounds to me like they are just gonna use the multiverse to plop Deadpool into the MCU and have the story largely involve him adjusting to his new surroundings.

Last edited:
The MCU brand is about PG-13 family friendly entertainment. Trying to water Deadpool down to MCU standards would be terrible.

They can reference the MCU and make fun of it but let it be it's own standalone meta franchise.

The MCU brand is about PG-13 family friendly entertainment. Trying to water Deadpool down to MCU standards would be terrible.

They can reference the MCU and make fun of it but let it be it's own standalone meta franchise.
They are already adapting Daredevil and Kingpin.

It doesn't matter if Mcu could only do pg13. Its not stopping them to use Deadpool or any character if they want to.

Deadpool on his own ain't happening.

They are already adapting Daredevil and Kingpin.

It doesn't matter if Mcu could only do pg13. Its not stopping them to use Deadpool or any character if they want to.

Deadpool on his own ain't happening.

Let's wait and see HOW they adapt Daredevil and Kingpin before we use that as an example.

Trying to force an R-Rated Deadpool into a PG-13 MCU is a dumb idea.

Let's wait and see HOW they adapt Daredevil and Kingpin before we use that as an example.

Trying to force an R-Rated Deadpool into a PG-13 MCU is a dumb idea.
Well first of all didn't they already mention they are keeping Deadpool R18... Kevin never mentioned Deadpool as Pg13. So I think you're jumping into conclusion.

Personally, I couldn't care less about Deadpool. I didn't want him in the mcu but he is joining the mcu. Feige, Reynolds didn't meet up at Marvel Studios' office just for the character to be in his own island. As for the rating, I couldn't care less as long as the movie is good.

Well first of all didn't they already mention they are keeping Deadpool R18... Kevin never mentioned Deadpool as Pg13. So I think you're jumping into conclusion.

Personally, I couldn't care less about Deadpool. I didn't want him in the mcu but he is joining the mcu. Feige, Reynolds didn't meet up at Marvel Studios' office just for the character to be in his own island. As for the rating, I couldn't care less as long as the movie is good.

If you don't care about Deadpool, why are you even arguing with me? :funny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"