Deadpool 3

Here’s an idea: Start the movie off with Deadpool hanging out with Collosses and Nega Sonic Teenage Warhead then he “wakes up” and realizes that the events of the first two movies didn’t really happen, and were mostly just a weird dream. Then have Wade Wilson sarcastically apologize to the audience who were so invested in the stories of the previous movies having to find out they’ve been retconned out because “that stupid Kevin Feige is such a continuity-Nazi we have to start from scratch.”

It would be even more hilarious if Deadpool 3 is inferior to those 2 previous weird dreams with DP acknowledging same ..Go full Meta right

Here’s an idea: Start the movie off with Deadpool hanging out with Collosses and Nega Sonic Teenage Warhead then he “wakes up” and realizes that the events of the first two movies didn’t really happen, and were mostly just a weird dream. Then have Wade Wilson sarcastically apologize to the audience who were so invested in the stories of the previous movies having to find out they’ve been retconned out because “that stupid Kevin Feige is such a continuity-Nazi we have to start from scratch.”

No thank you

I don't want to lose one of the small number of lesbian couples we have in live action superhero media for the sake of a dumb joke

Plus I don't want the events of the two good Deadpool movies to be erased for the sake of a film which, I'm betting, won't be as good

It would be even more hilarious if Deadpool 3 is inferior to those 2 previous weird dreams with DP acknowledging same ..Go full Meta right

Honestly I'm totally over the whole "new movie acknowledges that it's worse than the originals" sort of meta humor. Just try to make a good movie for crying out loud.

Honestly I'm totally over the whole "new movie acknowledges that it's worse than the originals" sort of meta humor. Just try to make a good movie for crying out loud.

Or how about this? Just recast the damn role and start from scratch.

I can't stand Reynolds as an actor and the character was irritating beyond belief...

No thank you

I don't want to lose one of the small number of lesbian couples we have in live action superhero media for the sake of a dumb joke

Plus I don't want the events of the two good Deadpool movies to be erased for the sake of a film which, I'm betting, won't be as good

Complaining about films being erased is always a ridiculous argument. No matter what happens in DP3, 1 and 2 will still exist. Keep your blu-rays and you can watch them whenever you want.

Losing Negasonic and Yukio is a fear I sympathize with. But personally, my bet is Negasonic actually does make the transition with Wade, even if it isn't a literal jump through a multiverse portal. They're not going to want the movie to have no connection whatsoever to DP1 and 2 so they're going to want at least some of the supporting characters there. I doubt Cable, Colossus and Domino pass muster for what Feige wants the MCU X-men to be (well, Domino might and Cable could be tweaked a bit maybe, but definitely not Colossus). Weasel, Blind Al and Dopinder were always smaller parts of the films anyway. And Copycat is dead. Negasonic is really the most important supporting character Wade has, and I would argue the best supporting character he has. And there's no reason whatsoever for anyone at marvel to object to her presence because there's no way they were ever chomping at the bit to adapt the character of Negasonic Teenage Warhead anyway.

Yukio may or may not make it across, but even if she doesn't I bet you'll still have Negasonic and she'll still (eventually) have a girlfriend.

Or how about this? Just recast the damn role and start from scratch.

I can't stand Reynolds as an actor and the character was irritating beyond belief...

Well we already know they're not doing that. At the very least they are keeping Ryan Reynolds.

Using the multiverse to bring in Deadpool is just a no brainer at this point. It fits in perfectly with the rest of the multiverse stuff they've been doing, and it saves them the trouble of having to redo Deadpool's origin or potentially confusing the audience.

And yeah, Negasonic really should come along too. Who knows, maybe they'll end up giving her her own Disney+ show.

Also, it just occured to me, but with the post credits of Deadpool 2 they could totally establish that Vanessa is now a variant, giving her and Deadpool an excuse to appear in the next season of Loki. Make it happen, Marvel!

Last edited:
Complaining about films being erased is always a ridiculous argument. No matter what happens in DP3, 1 and 2 will still exist. Keep your blu-rays and you can watch them whenever you want.

Losing Negasonic and Yukio is a fear I sympathize with. But personally, my bet is Negasonic actually does make the transition with Wade, even if it isn't a literal jump through a multiverse portal. They're not going to want the movie to have no connection whatsoever to DP1 and 2 so they're going to want at least some of the supporting characters there. I doubt Cable, Colossus and Domino pass muster for what Feige wants the MCU X-men to be (well, Domino might and Cable could be tweaked a bit maybe, but definitely not Colossus). Weasel, Blind Al and Dopinder were always smaller parts of the films anyway. And Copycat is dead. Negasonic is really the most important supporting character Wade has, and I would argue the best supporting character he has. And there's no reason whatsoever for anyone at marvel to object to her presence because there's no way they were ever chomping at the bit to adapt the character of Negasonic Teenage Warhead anyway.

Yukio may or may not make it across, but even if she doesn't I bet you'll still have Negasonic and she'll still (eventually) have a girlfriend.

Yes but I'm not willing to wait for eventually and I don't want what we have now to be erased

And I realise that the old films will still exist. My point is that I don't want the new films to be a reboot, I want them to continue on from the old films. So perhaps it would be more accurate to say I don't want the films internal canon to be erased rather than the films themselves. Especially regarding the characters who give me onscreen representation that I care about a great deal

Well we already know they're not doing that. At the very least they are keeping Ryan Reynolds.

Using the multiverse to bring in Deadpool is just a no brainer at this point. It fits in perfectly with the rest of the multiverse stuff they've been doing, and it saves them the trouble of having to redo Deadpool's origin or potentially confusing the audience.

And yeah, Negasonic really should come along too. Who knows, maybe they'll end up giving her her own Disney+ show.

Also, it just occured to me, but with the post credits of Deadpool 2 they could totally establish that Vanessa is now a variant, giving her and Deadpool an excuse to appear in the next season of Loki. Make it happen, Marvel!

Ideally I'd like for the Deadpool films and all of the X-men films from the MCU to be set on a parallel earth that isn't the main MCU one. It's honestly the only way to make the concept make sense. They could still have crossovers between the characters thanks to characters crossing over from their universe into the MCU one so it's the best of both worlds

You're right. But a girl can hope lol...

And you're spot on about the Multiverse angle too. Bringing in Wade will be child's play, no explanation necessary. I have mixed feelings about the Multiverse because it's opening doors for too many nostalgia plays, which I don't feel the MCU needs to rely on. Feige & Co. created a juggernaut based on interesting ideas and innovative concepts. The last thing I want is to see a geriatric Nicholas Hammond in the MCU lol.

Having said that, the smartest thing Sony did with their Spiderverse concept so far has been to establish them as taking place in an alternate universe. I hated both Venom movies so having them parceled off in a separate universe is the only bright spot from that whole fiasco...

Ideally I'd like for the Deadpool films and all of the X-men films from the MCU to be set on a parallel earth that isn't the main MCU one. It's honestly the only way to make the concept make sense. They could still have crossovers between the characters thanks to characters crossing over from their universe into the MCU one so it's the best of both worlds

I like this idea! Clearly the only way to establish the X-Men in the MCU is to introduce an alternate mutant universe. Otherwise where were they during New York and The Snap? Mutants are not The Eternals whose under-the-radar existence can be explained away so easily...-

As for Negasonic, she better be ported over from the Deadpool Universe! She's too refreshing a character to remain in limbo. In fact, I want to see a very strong female presence in the MCU X-Men. I wouldn't mind seeing an entire female roster of mutants. Clearly though I'm biased...

I like this idea! Clearly the only way to establish the X-Men in the MCU is to introduce an alternate mutant universe. Otherwise where were they during New York and The Snap? Mutants are not The Eternals whose under-the-radar existence can be explained away so easily...-

As for Negasonic, she better be ported over from the Deadpool Universe! She's too refreshing a character to remain in limbo. In fact, I want to see a very strong female presence in the MCU X-Men. I wouldn't mind seeing an entire female roster of mutants. Clearly though I'm biased...

I agree!

In terms of heroes the best characters of the X-universe are women. Emma Frost, Storm, Kitty Pryde, Mystique and Destiny, both versions of Psylocke, Rachel Grey, Jean Grey etc...

There are cool dude heroes like Magneto, Iceman, Gambit, Wolverine and so on but on the whole I think most of the men in the X-universe who are heroes are less interesting/dynamic than the women.

The men seem to do better on the villain side where you've got nutcases like Sauron and mustache twirling ash flashs like Mr Sinister and Sebastian Shaw chomping on the scenery

If Deadpool can kill the X-Men Origins version of himself as well as Ryan Reynolds, surely he can make a deliberate choice to rescue some characters from the fate of never appearing again by transporting them into the MCU.

Yeah on one hand its good to get some news of this happening at least moving forward but on the other the Levy films didnt blow me away.

I have my reservations with DP3 under Disney anyway and I will be amazed if they can capture the magic of the first two films but we shall see.

“Ideally I'd like for the Deadpool films and all of the X-men films from the MCU to be set on a parallel earth that isn't the main MCU one. It's honestly the only way to make the concept make sense. They could still have crossovers between the characters thanks to characters crossing over from their universe into the MCU one so it's the best of both worlds“

Agreed

Otherwise the same “where were they for Thanos?” question is going to keep coming up.

The Eternals had the worst excuse but anyone with enhanced powers who didn’t try and help save half the universe is going to look like a bit of dick.

Hmmm interesting.

So we can assume that Reynolds/Levy are now the hot new actor/director combo a la Depp/Burton, Schwarzenegger/Cameron, Scorsese/DiCaprio, Jordan/Coogler, etc etc?

Not terribly excited about this film but perhaps Reynolds will film this in Vancouver again. Was an exciting time in the city when they were filming the previous two here.
the way you just ignored Rogue but named everyone else.......... :whatever:
LOL I thought I was the only one who noticed the erasure.

After seeing Free Guy and The Adam Project I actually have a lot more confidence in this because I really enjoyed both of those movies and hopefully Levy/Reynolds can keep the goodwill going.

After seeing Free Guy and The Adam Project I actually have a lot more confidence in this because I really enjoyed both of those movies and hopefully Levy/Reynolds can keep the goodwill going.

I'll give The Adam Project one thing, the action was pretty slick and well done so hopefully that can be expanded upon and put to good use in DP3.

Deadpool lives and dies by the writing though, if the comedy and heart are on point like the first two films we might be able to squeeze out a nice third one. A lot depends on whether anything other than RR carries over from those first two films. Its doesnt HAVE to, to be a success but there was a lot of good characters from those films I would love to see come back one last time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"