Deadpool Deadpool News and Discussion - Part 4

I read the article from the last thread, and I honestly do not get all this hate for Singer when he is the one who has put the franchise back on track. If it wasn't for the success of DOFP or First Class (which Singer produced), we wouldn't have Deadpool today.

No hate for Singer at all. However, I'm not all that enthusiastic about continuing to do period films.

I understand why because all the original actors are much older and its probably harder to do a movie about those characters now.

But now they've rewritten the whole timeline and well none of those older movies never happened anymore. I mean, X-Men and X-Men 2 never happened anymore. Wolverine 2 never happened anymore. I mean, I did like those movies. That's a bit annoying.

The problem is you can't do a modern X-Men movie with these characters without recasting all of them or changing the characters up.

My other problem is that the transition from that stinger scene for Wolverine to Days of Future Past...what was the point of that? They didn't go off of that scene at all.

You know, just because it's not in the same timeline doesn't mean you can't physically watch the movie. An enjoyable movie can still be enjoyable regardless of the chronology.

Singer has implied things are not set in stone or closed as much as they appear. I would look at the films as parallel worlds, some born from divergent timelines. They technically all still exist. The main thing that binds them is Logan, who has basically travelled across them. It will get even crazier once Cable steps into the picture and time travel becomes a major part of the X cinematic multiverse. We'll probably see all kinds of alternate realities. Its not very different from the comics in that aspect.

You can never update these characters without removing the rich history of WWII and the Cold War that Magneto has always had. We are stuck in the 90s early 2000s as a result. I see them making a couple more films in the past after Apocalypse (late 80s and 90s) but eventually they will bring them into the later years... 2020's ish. More thank likely we'll get some time travel crossover film.

You can also do a New Mutants with Storm or Cyke running the school. You can bring back the original actors in a supporting role. Colossus and Rogue can be main characters. Jackman will need to be replaced however. Negasonic can also get in there.

I just want the Phoenix saga done right with a proper Cyclops led team consisting of Storm, Jean, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Shadowcat, Lockheed and Wolverine. Give me that and I will forever hold my tongue about the FOX cbms.

well we need to change our mind sets and psychology, the real moto behind the creation of dead pool is to give a new soul that differ from the past stories and characters so that it could be taken to a new track according to me as it is necessary to change things after a certain time and if the deadpool will be same like the past trilogy so i can definitely say that u ppl wouldnt be satisfied even in that also. the change is better

No hate for Singer at all. However, I'm not all that enthusiastic about continuing to do period films.

I understand why because all the original actors are much older and its probably harder to do a movie about those characters now.

But now they've rewritten the whole timeline and well none of those older movies never happened anymore. I mean, X-Men and X-Men 2 never happened anymore. Wolverine 2 never happened anymore. I mean, I did like those movies. That's a bit annoying.

The problem is you can't do a modern X-Men movie with these characters without recasting all of them or changing the characters up.

My other problem is that the transition from that stinger scene for Wolverine to Days of Future Past...what was the point of that? They didn't go off of that scene at all.

Well, they all did happen still as that's how they got to DOFP in the first place. Some of the events from those movies still would have happened as well as Logan and Rogue still ended up at the mansion.

With The Wolverine, Logan saving the Japanese soldiers in WW2 still happened as that was before the timeline changed. So the Japanese soldier would have still spent the rest of his life obsessed with mutants and especially Logan. So the old movies still count for plenty.

Just checked in to tell ya, TOMORROW! The movie finally comes out TOMORROW in Italy! :hmr:

Just checked in to tell ya, TOMORROW! The movie finally comes out TOMORROW in Italy! :hmr:

Man you must be relieved and I thought the wait was bad!!

Will it be dubbed in Italian or in original recorded language with subtitles over there?

Will it be dubbed in Italian or in original recorded language with subtitles over there?

Dubbed. But dubbing can be well done (just like voice acting in animation can be either mediocre or amazing), and Deadpool has a great dubbing director on board, so I'm relieved.

I'll be relieved the moment I see the 20th Century Fox logo. Until then I won't even believe that this movie actually exists.

Last edited:

The thing with period pieces is that I don't think Singer fully embraces them.

FC was pure 60s because Vaughn embraced it. DOFP had a few 70s moments vibes...but looking at Apocaylpse...save for the scene pics from the mall and Quicksilver's Rush t-shirt it doesn't feel very 80s to me. Like their uniforms are dull black. Its the 80s....embrace color. Embrace it! Have Scott shoot Apocalypse with eye beams and then do a moon walk victory dance.

That's just me though

try to tell that to TNG fans who hate the new Trek movies

Eh, they're wrong. I'd rather not waste time with that either. I love TNG. I enjoy the new movies. But it doesn't mean I can't watch TOS or TNG episodes (in fact, I'm more likely to). A good story is a good story regardless of timeline changes. In fact, in sci-fi, there are good stories where the story is reset at the end and basically "never happened."

The thing with period pieces is that I don't think Singer fully embraces them.

FC was pure 60s because Vaughn embraced it. DOFP had a few 70s moments vibes...but looking at Apocaylpse...save for the scene pics from the mall and Quicksilver's Rush t-shirt it doesn't feel very 80s to me. Like their uniforms are dull black. Its the 80s....embrace color. Embrace it! Have Scott shoot Apocalypse with eye beams and then do a moon walk victory dance.

That's just me though

That's pretty interesting cos I feel the exact opposite. FC felt very modern to me, from the way characters speak right down to the costuming. The 60s tome in that film was largely due to the whole Bond feel of the movie. DOFP in contrast was extremely 70s.

We know definitely that the X-Men's civilian clothes are very 80s, but whether they will get colorful costumes remains to be seen. Maybe that's Jubilee role, getting them to change from the black to color XD.

I know there are a lot of Deadpool fans in here, so you might find interesting that I loved LOVED the movie even though I've never read any comic book. I certainly knew about him, I've seen some pages about what he's like, but apparently they've managed to make a great film that somehow pleases everyone.
Is that the general consensus here? Has it been well-received by the fan community?

I tend to agree - don't give them 150. But give them more than 60. How about 100 million? Even the 80-90 range would help them polish the CG a bit more and maybe add another action scene.

I think $100 million would be perfect, its not a huge jump in budget, but gives them a good bit more to play around with. And it should still give them plenty of freedom also.

Everything from $100m to $115m sounds about right to me. Whatever they need to tell the story. These guys are smart and know how to make the most out of a budget. They've already said that they don't wanna go into cosmic, city-shattering stories, so...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"