Deadpool 2 Deadpool 2 News and Discussion - Part 3

A 7.8 and 7.9 don't really sound like bad scores...
Yeah, here (meaning the US) they aren’t but China is another story. And the Chinese seem to pay way more attention to them, like RT turned up to 11. Anyhow, looks like WOM isn’t good. I can’t say I’m completely surprised, comedies are always hardest to translate across cultures, especially when much of the humor is in-jokes and pop culture references like in Deadpool. GotG had the same issue in China.

That puts it ahead of Deadpool WW by about $3 million.

The first film is a classic, plus it had a great Feige reference which takes it up another notch (deal with it).

In other words: "I f***ing hated it"

Wonder if we'll ever find out what really happened there
My bet is meddling Fox execs and Star. I really like DP2, but it can't touch the first imho.

Yeah its just a shame, Reynolds and Miller seemed like a good team, like they were totally on the same page for DP1
Then somebody (whether Reynolds or Miller we don't exactly know) turned into a diva before DP2

I always wonder what Miller’s vision would have been like.

It's hard to know where to land on Miller vs. Whoever. The first was vastly superior to the second, but Deadpool 2 didn't really feel all that different.

I like both movies about equally, but it would have been interesting to see Millers take on the sequel for sure.

Honestly, wouldn’t even be able to tell you it was two different filmmakers.

It’s great to be me.
Not as great as you in a world without a Kevin Feige led Deadpool. You already let that cat out of the bag. :funny: You may be 99.99999999% happy but you’ve now lost that 0.00000001%. This is why hate is bad. The more things you hate that could possibly happen, the more potential for losing fractional percentage points. :cwink:

Will be interesting to see how Millers Terminator turns out after this even more. DP2 was a heck of a lot fun even without him so he wasnt all the talent clearly.

If I remember correctly, Tim Miller wanted to keep a relatively low budget for Deadpool 2, much like the first one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"