Deadpool Deadpool News and Discussion - Part 4

deadpool_swk_by_kr_whalen-d9ss8ua.jpg
:woot:
Haha, love it.:woot:

Concept art.

CcFKI2HUYAA9T8w.jpg:large

I'm sure there maybe better reviewed and certainly higher grossing comic book movies this year, that is a funny pic but I'm just glad we have a Deadpool not to be embarrassed by and will hold his own against what ever else we get this year, there certainly wont be a movie like it this year thats for sure.

I wouldn't be sure. Although it's clear that superhero fatigue is far from being an issue with audiences, I can see critics buying into the narrative and using their position to champion the cause. Seems like a lot of the praise for DP (in some circles) was how it "takes the piss" out of the genre, which was apparently much needed.

I wouldn't be sure. Although it's clear that superhero fatigue is far from being an issue with audiences, I can see critics buying into the narrative and using their position to champion the cause. Seems like a lot of the praise for DP (in some circles) was how it "takes the piss" out of the genre, which was apparently much needed.

Well it will be good fun finding out. I'm just glad DP is in the bag and have a film I will enjoy over and over no matter what comes after. I still think we have some great stuff to come this year.

It will be great.

Last edited:
I hope they'll translate Domino to the big screen, as well as they did Deadpool and Colossus.

zRfwN8o.jpg

Domino and Cable? I'm over excited already. :woot:

I wonder if they could do something crazy like establish that Vanessa was always Copycat and have her pose as Domino in Deadpool 2 as a callback to Domino's original appearance in the comics. Regardless I just hope they have a worthy role for Vanessa in the sequel and I would welcome any chance for her to be Copycat.

I wonder if they could do something crazy like establish that Vanessa was always Copycat and have her pose as Domino in Deadpool 2 as a callback to Domino's original appearance in the comics. Regardless I just hope they have a worthy role for Vanessa in the sequel and I would welcome any chance for her to be Copycat.

I hope not.

Her relationship with Wade is what brought much needed humanity and heart to the story, and kept it grounded. If it turned out that she was a mutant to begin with, it would kinda undermine that aspect of the story.

Not necessarily in my opinion. I don't think adding another angle to a story that subverts some of the previous story necessitates undermining it. Potentially there could be a way to even have her as Copycat already, but also establish that relationship was entirely genuine for her.

Though I'm not hung up on the idea and would welcome her becoming Copycat later in a sequel just so long as it's good for her character and the story in general.

I hope torture machine activated her powers while she was in it, before Deadpool throws his sword into the chamber, allowing Vanessa to breathe normally again and pull the sword out to escape.

I think not. I think that was just a major unintentional red herring from the trailers. Besides it's shown that the torture device is just a mechanism to kick start the process. She would need an injection of the same serum they used on Wade.

I think not. I think that was just a major unintentional red herring from the trailers. Besides it's shown that the torture device is just a mechanism to kick start the process. She would need an injection of the same serum they used on Wade.
My personal theory is she is already mutant like rest of X-mens, unlike Wade who was needed to be given a serum. And blonde hair "extensions" are just a part of a nod on that by directors what she will become. Maybe she doesnt know about it, but could be that torture decide just unlocked (fasten progress to) her Copycat powers.

Last edited:
My personal theory is she is already mutant like rest of X-mens, unlike Wade who was needed to be given a serum. And blonde hair "extensions" are just a part of a nod on that by directors what she will become. Maybe she doesnt know about it, but could be that torture decide just unlocked (fasten progress to) her Copycat powers.

An early story idea was to have Vanessa be revealed as Copycat in the third act, and that she was working for the Workshop and set Wade up. They decided to just have her as Vanessa, and have her be the human anchor in the story. And I'm glad they did. The film works perfectly because of that.

That could have mirrored Silverfox in Origins, actually. I'm shocked they didn't want to have any similar plot elements to that film. Simply shocked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"