Deadpool Deadpool News and Discussion - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continuity for different franchises only matters to OCD nerds or if there is a planned crossover. Even then, I think people place far more importance on it than the general public.

I disagree. I think it is the main reason the MCU has gotten to the level of highest grossing film franchise of all time. These might seem like small things(and they are by and large) but audiences appreciate attention to detail(and not just geeky audiences if the box office numbers are to be believed).

To use a Plinkett saying: You(meaning your conscious mind) might not have noticed these problems...but your brain did.

I disagree. I think it is the main reason the MCU has gotten to the level of highest grossing film franchise of all time. These might seem like small things(and they are by and large) but audiences appreciate attention to detail(and not just geeky audiences if the box office numbers are to be believed).

To use a Plinkett saying: You(meaning your conscious mind) might not have noticed these problems...but your brain did.

It's absolutely the reason that franchise rules the box office. I really enjoyed Iron Man 3, but that movie doesn't hit the billion plus range if it isn't the first post-Avengers MCU installment.

In terms of continuity, I'm tired of X-Men being dragged around in young X-Men period films. I want the modern day full-on X-Men. I want Wolverine, Cyclops, Beast, Rogue, Storm, Gambit, etc. all interacting together fighting together in team-up scenes.

Saw it yesterday. Wow, I hadn't laughed so hard in a while. Left the cinema with a huge smile on my face. The movie couldn't be better. It was funny, action packed and full of heart. Glad that Fox let Miller and Reynolds to their thing.

I am officially a Deadpool fan now :)

Last edited:
In terms of continuity, I'm tired of X-Men being dragged around in young X-Men period films. I want the modern day full-on X-Men. I want Wolverine, Cyclops, Beast, Rogue, Storm, Gambit, etc. all interacting together fighting together in team-up scenes.

That will happen in due course. Fox are going to be making these x men films for a looooong time to come. They are not going anywhere, so no need to rush things. The young cast will grow into their roles.

How long have we waited to see a live action Justice League on the big screen? I am sure we can wait a little longer.

Just watched it and it was ****ing amazing!!!! I also just read that this is expected to open with $260M WW :wow: It makes me really happy, this could be groundbreaking for the genre.

That will happen in due course. Fox are going to be making these x men films for a looooong time to come. They are not going anywhere, so no need to rush things. The young cast will grow into their roles.

How long have we waited to see a live action Justice League on the big screen? I am sure we can wait a little longer.
They've been making these movies for 16 years and we still haven't truly gotten this.

They've been making these movies for 16 years and we still haven't truly gotten this.

That's only because they decided to keep to the same movieverse/continuity (however loose it sometimes seems); they haven't rebooted because the original cast (mostly Jackman, McKellen, Stewart) became iconic in their roles. In the end, that enabled DoFP (among the best X-Men films yet) to happen.

If they'd been starting from scratch now, in the wake of the Marvel movies, it would all be very different.

But these films started way before the current superhero trend, before special effects, budgets, internet forums/blogs and even Comic-Con were anything like they are today.

It's best to treat X-Men: Apocalypse as the first film of a new 'world', a sort of new continuity...

I want an X-Force film with Deadpool, Cable, Domino, Colossus, and Forge. With Cyclops playing the Nick Fury role.

I'm much more excited for what we could get from XForce in this corner of the universe than Singers.

I with they would adopt more costumes without useless rubber armor parts anymore. Negasonics costume is a great team uniform design. Don't be afraid with using color.

I want an X-Force film with Deadpool, Cable, Domino, Colossus, and Forge. With Cyclops playing the Nick Fury role.

I think we're looking at a team like this:

X-Force:

1) Deadpool
2) Psylocke
3) Cable
4) Colossus
5) NTW
6) Domino
7) Gambit

I think it will probably be something like that.

Lot of options...

Miller named dropped X-23 not long ago as far as characters he liked to see Deadpool fight, Siryn is an X-Force character heavily associated with Deadpool, Psylocke is in the 80s so that's an issue, Colossus is an easy in now etc

Cable, Deadpool and Domino are the only ones I'd say are sure things.

I'd rather NTW appear in a New Mutants film provided Boone has finished the script and it's still on track. She could help bridge Deadpool/X-Force to New Mutants.

I think Siryn will be Psylocke's replacement as the second female member of X-Force due to her being trapped in the 80s, with Colossus/Gambit/Wolverine or whomever they want to introduce being the last member.

Yeah. Personally I'd rather have Colossus stay as a mentor in New Mutants. Would love to see him along with Illyana.

But I enjoyed his relationship with Wade here so I'm cool with whatever they do.

I'd love to see what Reynolds and co. could also do with Warpath to be honest. If Colossus isn't that fifth X-Force member, I'd want to see Warpath over say, Fantomex, Shatterstar etc. Hopefully with Booboo Stewart back (unless they can find an even bigger Native American actor with some kind of martial arts background)

Warpath is awesome. Assuming Wade, Nate and Neena are locked I'm hoping to see a mix of Boom Boom, Rahne, Siryn, Warpath, Fantomex, Psylocke (somehow) or X-23. Combine a bit of all the volumes. Laura is a character I think will end up being extremely popular when they get to her.

But if they can make NTW fun an cool, then I'm sure we will be good with the majority of rosters. Good times ahead.

Last edited:
My X-force Team would be Cable Deadpool Domino X-23 Wolfsbane Warpath but I can see Colossus and NTW replace Wolfsbane and Warpath

I was expecting it to be good. It was better than that. For me the funniest scene is when he basically recreated that Monty Python and the Holy Grail scene with Colossus.

Except this is Bryan Singer we're talking about. Any opportunity to cast a movie full of teen'ish looking actors he's gonna take it.

Warpath is awesome. Assuming Wade, Nate and Neena are locked I'm hoping to see a mix of Boom Boom, Rahne, Siryn, Warpath, Fantomex, Psylocke (somehow) or X-23. Combine a bit of all the volumes. Laura is a character I think will end up being extremely popular when they get to her.

I'd rather they save Laura for a New X-Men/Young X-Men/Academy X/New Mutants movie.

We know that a NM movie is in the works. And if its set in the modern day ala Deadpool, then I think it would be wiser to pull a roster from the more recent batch of X-Students like NTW. ESPECIALLY if X-Force has a more classic roster with Cannonball, Boom Boom, Wolfsbane and so on.

Just me though

Thought this was cool...

I will take every opportunity to sing the praises of my friend Katelyn, who led the fabrication team on the Deadpool suit, along with her teammates Tamaki and Samantha.
To paraphrase her (poorly):
"Usually we have to start fabrication based off of some lame-ash redesign by someone who is trying to reinvent the wheel. On 'Deadpool,' they basically threw down some comics and said 'THERE'S your design.' "

She's such a badass.
...I also feel some selfish pride of my own, in that the day after the movie release Katelyn thanked me for providing some costume reference photos for her early presentation when she was explaining the construction approach she wanted to take with this suit. So in my own TINY TINY way, I helped!
This has been a fun weekend.

I'd rather they save Laura for a New X-Men/Young X-Men/Academy X/New Mutants movie.

We know that a NM movie is in the works. And if its set in the modern day ala Deadpool, then I think it would be wiser to pull a roster from the more recent batch of X-Students like NTW. ESPECIALLY if X-Force has a more classic roster with Cannonball, Boom Boom, Wolfsbane and so on.

Just me though

I'm the opposite haha.

I'd rather see Laura in an R rated film. I liked her better unleashed in Yosts X-Force. All of her early stuff is extremely violent. Cannonball I'd rather have on New Mutants. I really have no interest seeing him on X-Force.

Miller already called him a stupid hick character and said he wants to see Deadpool vs X-23 so I don't think we will only get 90s X-Force like Wadlow was doing. That script is gone btw. Personally I'd prefer a mix of all volumes, but I'm sure whatever they do will be awesome regardless.

Last edited:
Just saw Deadpool in IMAX. Just Wow. Amazing. It deserves all the praise and money it is getting. Oh the intro.

I also got the first Civil War trailer, first Independence Day Resurgence trailer, 10 cloverfield lane trailer and the final BvS trailer.

I know nothing about Cable or X Force, but seeing the excitement in here, I'm excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"