Deadpool 2 Deadpool 2 News and Discussion - Part 3

If he has to be censored theres no point putting him in an MCU's heroes film. His vulgarity and brutality and fourth wall breaks are his defining elements. Without those elements he's just a mutant that can regrow body parts. The MCU doesnt need him and he doesnt need the MCU. The MCU has plenty of mutants to choose from that are PG13 friendly.

But if they definitely want him interacting with MCU characters what they should do is continue doing R rated Deadpool films and put MCU characters in those. Having MCU characters occasionally in an R rated Deadpool film reacting to his vulgarity and brutality would be a lot more interesting than a watered down Deadpool in an Avengers film.

Last edited:
Eh, just bleep him out when he's interacting with the larger MCU and have him be aware of the censorship. Good to go.

Watched both DP movies again recently, 2nd one tonight which I love and don’t get the hate for that movie from some people. But yeah, for me Deadpool works 100% best in an R rating setting. His solo’s at the very least need to be R rated.

But everyone, trust what Bob Iger said, remember? Disney likes safe money, remember?

You know, the company line that people here and beyond kept touting for so long...

If he has to be censored theres no point putting him in an MCU's heroes film. His vulgarity and brutality and fourth wall breaks are his defining elements. Without those elements he's just a mutant that can regrow body parts. The MCU doesnt need him and he doesnt need the MCU. The MCU has plenty of mutants to choose from that are PG13 friendly.

But if they definitely want him interacting with MCU characters what they should do is continue doing R rated Deadpool films and put MCU characters in those. Having MCU characters occasionally in an R rated Deadpool film reacting to his vulgarity and brutality would be a lot more interesting than a watered down Deadpool in an Avengers film.
You probably havent read many deadpool stories then
Wade was never r-rated in comics and never used profanity in the extent of the movies.

What of revionionist history is this? Deadpool is an pg13 character.

Eh, just bleep him out when he's interacting with the larger MCU and have him be aware of the censorship. Good to go.

That's a great idea :funny:

You probably havent read many deadpool stories then
Wade was never r-rated in comics and never used profanity in the extent of the movies.

What of revionionist history is this? Deadpool is an pg13 character.

I'm only speaking about the film character and what the character brings to the films. His vulgarity and violence and brand of humor and psychopathic revelry for violence is what sets him apart from the same ol same ol PG 13 heroes and superhero films we've been getting since 2000. If they want a PG13 kid friendly mutant to add to the MCU then introduce a mutant that fits with the style and rating of the MCU. Dont water down Deadpool.

Last edited:
That's a great idea :funny:

I'm only speaking about the film character and what the character brings to the films. His vulgarity and violence and brand of humor and psychopathic revelry for violence is what sets him apart from the same ol same ol PG 13 heroes and superhero films we've been getting since 2000. If they want a PG13 kid friendly mutant to add to the MCU then introduce a mutant that fits with the style and rating of the MCU. Dont water down Deadpool.
His vulgarity is what made his second movie almost unbearable.

Also the original tweet said they are thinking whether alternating him between r rated for solos and pg-13 for team ups is viable.

Nowhere is it saying they are dropping the r-rating all together. Fans can romanticize it as much as they want but it makes to put a hugely popular character in the most successful franchise of all time.

It makes sense business wise like a pot and kettle. If i was a disney exec i would think how i i cou merge both those brands asap. Its smart.

Once Upon a Deadpool proved to me that, the swearing is really pretty unnecessary for Deadpool, but the violence is kind of vital to the character (much like the comics)

if they have him gleefully killing aliens or robots, which is perfectly fine in PG-13, it could still work out fine
I mean, hell, Cap threw a Hydra agent through propeller blades sending a bloody mist into the air, we all know the MPAA don't give a s**t about violence, only t*tties and f-words
so I think he'll be ok

Last edited:
I love the films, but they don't match the craziness levels of DP in the comics. I hope they stay R-rated because the films made their mark being so, even though I find the character tamer (less disturbed) in general.

They set him up as a foul mouth edgy hero and violence is a major part of his world.

I was pretty upset when Tim Miller left the director's seat, because he was just as important as Ryan Reynolds and Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick in creating the original "Deadpool" movie. I would've loved to see what he had in mind for the sequel and I'm sure he would've made something great.

But... I gotta say that we lucked out with David Leitch as director, because I liked his (different) take on the material just as much.

We don't have a time machine, but I wouldn't mind some more concept art and/or script drafts from the Miller sequel to pop up.

Pretty much. No doubt that Miller was integral to the first film's success, but I can't deny the touch that Leitch brought, especially with the gun play and fight choreography. After all, Deadpool 2 is the highest grossing X-Men film period.

Not to say that's entirely because of Leitch- not to mention Once Upon A Deadpool probably helped- but I'd like to think his touch on the series helped a bit- especially considering Deadpool 2 coming out in a crowded period around the same time as Solo and Infinity War.

His touch on the series was just as successful as Tim Miller's was.
"Deadpool" was a huge hit in 2016. As was the sequel.

We finally got some Deadpool 3 news peeps and it’s sounding good so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"