Deadpool Deadpool News and Discussion - Part 4

How exciting! Hope they keep the outfit.

can’t wait to hear what gags they come up with

He works in the PG-13 setting so long as he's aware of the limitations and purposely tries to skirt them.

I'm interested if that is a soft reboot or the previous two movies find there way to the MCU.

I'm really curious about what they're gonna do. This character breaks all the rules, and now officially inside the MCU... well, the possibilities are endless.
Being under Disney means possibilities are limited.
Unless Disney changes their business politics, which may happen since they own Predator, Alien and such now.

Being under Disney means possibilities are limited.
Unless Disney changes their business politics, which may happen since they own Predator, Alien and such now.
I meant as creative possibilities, within the MCU.

I hope the previous two films remain canon to the Deadpool franchise. Not entierly sure how Disney are going to connect the dots, but Deadpool needs to be Deadpool and break out that fourth wall. I suppose they could manoeuvrer it within the multiverse somehow?

Or just have everything that happens in Deadpool 3 remain in the Deadpool Universe, and then if the character is used in another film, he'd have to be a little more removed from his fourth wall format. Deadpool 3 for example could reference Stark, Bruce Wayne, Pokemon (etc) but when Wade Wilson is used within say, Avengers 6, he'd be more MCU mainstream, more on task for a better choice of words.

Deadpool doesn't need a soft reboot. Quickly reference the fact that he's in the MCU, make jokes about it, but please don't transform the franchise into something entirely different. Hope Josh Brolin and Zazie Beetz return as Cable and Domino, as well.

Keep it R-rated. Keep the supporting cast.

Yeah, honestly, while I'm sure Reese and Wernick will be back to write, I hope that the majority of Deadpool's supporting cast comes in as well. To my knowledge, none of them play characters in the MCU, so not like there'd be any sort of continuity problem. If Deadpool is going to be in its own R-rated corner, there's no reason to just bring everyone back and keep things going as is, MCU or otherwise.

Deadpool doesn't need a soft reboot. Quickly reference the fact that he's in the MCU, make jokes about it, but please don't transform the franchise into something entirely different. Hope Josh Brolin and Zazie Beetz return as Cable and Domino, as well.

Keep it R-rated. Keep the supporting cast.

This, keep as much from the previous movies as possible then slowly integrate into the wider MCU.

Hasbro's Marvel Legends doing X-Men and Deadpool movie figs now.

First Look: Hasbro's Marvel Legends X-MEN Movies Figures - Nerdist

Wr0bo7Y.jpg

gwNkGhs.jpg

RbFORCl.jpg

D315Tpv.jpg

Considering how much Disney and/or Marvel were petty and against merchandising X-Men and F4 stuff when the film rights were with Fox, no surprise that you're starting to see toys for those films now.

While I figured Disney buying Fox meant that we'd be seeing a movie Deadpool Marvel Legends figure eventually, the rest were a surprise to me. Especially the Xavier and Magneto figures with the McAvoy and Fassbender headsculpts. Though I do find it odd that Mystique seems to be based on the Rebecca Romijn version unless there's a Jennifer Lawrence headsculpt for the figure that they aren't showing.

My only disappointment is that the Deadpool is only available (for now) in a 2-pack with Negasonic. I really don't feel like planking down $50 just for a Deadpool.

Been a while since we heard anything. I doubt we'll hear anything more until the pandemic starts to settle down.

I just read on CBR.com an article with Rob Liefeld who’s not fond of Kevin Feige and he believes that this series is over now that Marvel has the rights. He also said he’s not fond of the current phase 4 plans and he doesn’t see a rated R movie happening and it’ll be crazy to wait four years to release the next movie since both movies were made two years apart.

To be honest I feel the same way I mean the Fox verse was all over the place we still don’t know what particular time line Deadpool is set in. We have seen two versions of Colossus and Juggernaut not to mention Wade himself (due go that horrible Origins movie) I think we just need to leave what came before at Fox and not take this messy Fox verse into the MCU. I love Ryan as Wade but let’s face it he’s not getting any younger and by the time they do *decide to make DP3 he’ll be pushing 50. You see Hugh bowed out when he did because be knew he couldn’t play that part forever. I think us fans might need to face the fact Deadpool when the time comes will be rebooted. I hope I’m wrong though! But I seriously think Feige has his own plans for mutants when the time comes.

Deadpool is a fourth wall breaking character he can be in any time period.

It’s not hard... PG-13 release with Deadpool acknowledging it. (think The Good Place)

And, have an R bonus disc on the home release.

Both are a win for fans/company.

While I figured Disney buying Fox meant that we'd be seeing a movie Deadpool Marvel Legends figure eventually, the rest were a surprise to me. Especially the Xavier and Magneto figures with the McAvoy and Fassbender headsculpts. Though I do find it odd that Mystique seems to be based on the Rebecca Romijn version unless there's a Jennifer Lawrence headsculpt for the figure that they aren't showing.

My only disappointment is that the Deadpool is only available (for now) in a 2-pack with Negasonic. I really don't feel like planking down $50 just for a Deadpool.

If I recall correctly, DST cancelled their planned DOFP Mystique figure due to approval problems. Stands to reason that Jennifer Lawrence has likeness rights in her contract. Perhaps she is not too keen on naked J-Law figures on the market.

It’s not hard... PG-13 release with Deadpool acknowledging it. (think The Good Place)

And, have an R bonus disc on the home release.

Both are a win for fans/company.

According to whom? So a win for the fans is to see a censored version of the character on film in theaters after having already seen him uncensored twice in theaters...and then having to wait for an R-rated option? I mean, sounds more like a win for the company and parents who want to take their kids to a Deadpool movie.

Don't see how that's a win for those who've come to expect an R-rated Deadpool movie unless you just prefer a censored take. I mean if you do, more power to you, but a hell of a lot of people probably don't. At least with The Wolverine, we know there was studio involvement and compromises with Mangold, leading to his Unleashed cut of The Wolverine that was more violent, but no one went into Logan expecting a PG-13 Wolverine.

With the introduction of the multiverse, I expect they'll just say the first two films took place in an alternate universe with Deadpool somehow getting transported to the MCU proper and remaining there here on out.

Have the mid-credits scene from Deadpool 2 take place at the same time Sylvie killed Kang/The One Who Remains and voila.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"