Deadpool & Wolverine Deadpool & Wolverine News and General Discussion Thread

Yeah, I think at best it could have a chance to rival Deadpool 2's box office since that is technically the highest grossing X-Men film.

Though who knows? I say this jokingly, but Ryan Reynolds could pull another PG-13 'Once Upon a Deadpool' style cut in order to secure a China release.

I definitely think they should do another PG-13 cut...it would be pretty lame if kids had to miss out on what appears to be a fairly integral MCU installment. And yeah I know a lot of kids will sneak into the R-rated version or will be allowed to see it regardless, but not all kids. My parents sure as hell wouldn't have let me watch an R-rated Deadpool film.

I wonder what the framing device could be based on this time though. Maybe Forrest Gump, with Tom Hanks?

So just rush Doom into becoming the main villain in Secret Wars with barely any build-up beforehand?

No thanks, I'll pass on that.

I think you misunderstood the point of what I said. The point is that Marvel has strong monetary incentive to split Secret Wars across two movies, rather than make one movie about Kang and one about Secret Wars.

My assumption is that Doom was always intended to be the main villain of Secret Wars (which may or may not actually be the case, it's just what I'm assuming). The only change being suggested is that Secret Wars would now take place across two movies instead of one.

You could replace God Emperor Doom with basically God Emperor anyone, as long as it's suitably shocking and intimidating to find out they're in control of everything.

Last edited:
Given that Pyro’s costume is in line with Ultimate Pyro and we didn’t see any kind of fire contraption on his hand like in X3, maybe this version can generate flames without a lighter?

I was going through the leaked set pics and there was so much I missed before
like Toad and the Fantasticar. This movie is going to throw everything it can at the wall 😂

I hope Pyro still has the flamethrower--maybe even give him a backpack like the comics/animated series. I think that limitation makes Pyro interesting.

"I can only manipulate the fire... I can't create it."
"You are a god among insects. Never let anyone tell you different."

I'm particularly excited to see Toad back, even if he probably only appears for about a minute and gets his ass handed to him by Wolverine and/or Deadpool. Ray Park's version in the OG film was always a favourite character of mine back in the day.

That Madripoor scene with Patch is gonna be full of awesome cameos, I bet! I'm willing to bet Channing Tatum's Gambit is sitting across from Patch.

What do you guys suppose the odds are that the ending of The Marvels actually ties into this at all? On the one hand it'd feel weird to have a scene featuring Kelsey Grammer's Beast in the movie directly preceding a movie with Hugh Jackman's Wolverine (along with various other Fox movie characters) only to not actually reference said scene at all. But on the other hand I can't really see how the whole "Monica trapped in a alternate universe with a not dead, superpowered version of her mom" storyline would be able to fit organically into this film.

What do you guys suppose the odds are that the ending of The Marvels actually ties into this at all? On the one hand it'd feel weird to have a scene featuring Kelsey Grammer's Beast in the movie directly preceding a movie with Hugh Jackman's Wolverine (along with various other Fox movie characters) only to not actually reference said scene at all. But on the other hand I can't really see how the whole "Monica trapped in a alternate universe with a not dead, superpowered version of her mom" storyline would be able to fit naturally into this film.

Yeah I dont know, feels like they HAVE to feature Monica somehow. My thoughts if I was writin' the thing would be to include her as a full supporting character, she could be who takes Logan and Deadpool to the void somehow, fights alongside them and ends up with Wade making her way back to the 616/199999.

I'm not one who thinks every teaser needs to be immediately paid off, but we're getting closer to go time here, and these multiversal threads all seem like they should be coming together now, with only a couple years til Secret Wars

I also feel like Loki should most definitely appear, and I hope there's a coherent story of how this movie ties to his series, but we'll see. Plus Loki+Deadpool sounds amazing, I could just imagine Hiddleston & Reynolds chemistry together.

I hope The Marvels (mid credits) is tied into this. But we will see. I think there could be a number of different realities in this movie especially with the TVA involved.

And speaking of TVA, they should have hired Owen Wilson for the TVA role in this film, to link it up to the Loki show more (more streaming clicks).

That's a good question. If they don't follow that up on Deadpool & Wolverine, what is the next project they could potentially touch that subplot? By the time the next Avengers movie arrives, is gonna be years. Same with Shang Chi's post credits scene... remember THAT?

Yeah I dont know, feels like they HAVE to feature Monica somehow. My thoughts if I was writin' the thing would be to include her as a full supporting character, she could be who takes Logan and Deadpool to the void somehow, fights alongside them and ends up with Wade making her way back to the 616/199999.

I'm not one who thinks every teaser needs to be immediately paid off, but we're getting closer to go time here, and these multiversal threads all seem like they should be coming together now, with only a couple years til Secret Wars

I also feel like Loki should most definitely appear, and I hope there's a coherent story of how this movie ties to his series, but we'll see. Plus Loki+Deadpool sounds amazing, I could just imagine Hiddleston & Reynolds chemistry together.

I'm 99% sure Loki's voice is in the trailer. It's tricky because they make it seem like it's Paradox that's talking, but if you listen close, it's pretty clear that it's Tom Hiddleston's voice.

That's a good question. If they don't follow that up on Deadpool & Wolverine, what is the next project they could potentially touch that subplot? By the time the next Avengers movie arrives, is gonna be years. Same with Shang Chi's post credits scene... remember THAT?
I guess The Fantastic 4 could feature the Multiverse after Deadpool & Wolverine. I doubt we would see it in Brave New World/Thunderbolts.

I hope Pyro still has the flamethrower--maybe even give him a backpack like the comics/animated series. I think that limitation makes Pyro interesting.

"I can only manipulate the fire... I can't create it."
"You are a god among insects. Never let anyone tell you different."
Magneto recruiting Pyro was so well done. One of my favorite scenes in that film.

I really liked the teaser! Marvel knows how to put some solid first looks that’s for sure. I hope this is the defibrillator the MCU needs right now.

I liked the first Deadpool but didn’t love it. While the second one was a misfire in my book. This third one with the caveat of being the first in the MCU seems to strike a good balance, at least one for my taste…

The only thing I’m a bit tentative about is that this project is being thrown into a struggling MCU plagued with all this multiversal mumbo jumbo. It could very well fall prey for some of the same issues as earlier installments of the MCU. Instead of making focused and solid content they keep on meshing a ton of stuff together and regurgitating random stuff for the sake of money basically. The good thing is that Deadpool is a taylor made character to make fun of all this random and nonsensical stuff and actually get away with it.

Fingers crossed.

I really liked the teaser! Marvel knows how to put some solid first looks that’s for sure. I hope this is the defibrillator the MCU needs right now.

I liked the first Deadpool but didn’t love it. While the second one was a misfire in my book. This third one with the caveat of being the first in the MCU seems to strike a good balance, at least one for my taste…

The only thing I’m a bit tentative about is that this project is being thrown into a struggling MCU plagued with all this multiversal mumbo jumbo. It could very well fall prey for some of the same issues as earlier installments of the MCU. Instead of making focused and solid content they keep on meshing a ton of stuff together and regurgitating random stuff for the sake of money basically. The good thing is that Deadpool is a taylor made character to make fun of all this random and nonsensical stuff and actually get away with it.

Fingers crossed.
I see what you did there.

I enjoyed the bit with Deadpool saluting Steve. I know Deadpool respects Steve in the comics, but I'm wondering if Deadpool is going to be meta about it due to Free Guy.

Uh... what are we supposed to be noticing here?

Uh... what are we supposed to be noticing here?

That the snowy forest that Deadpool fights the TVA agents in is NOT the one from Age of Ultron, like previously thought, but actually the one from Logan.

Uh, it's a forest, dude. Also the one in Logan wasn't full of snow so I highly doubt it's the same place.

Uh, there's a truck flipped on it's side, exactly like the one in Logan, next to a downed tree, exactly like in Logan. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that it's the same forest. And weather doesn't matter. Seasons change, dude.

Not exactly. He wears a armor on his chest (sort of) and have boots
You're splitting hairs. It's still basically the Fox costume/look but now with a vest (he had boots in the first movie and he still has the trencoat from the set pics). And my post was in response to whether another character would wear the a comic accurate costume or not. That look is not comic accurate, it's closer to the Fox version than anything else.

Uh, there's a truck flipped on it's side, exactly like the one in Logan, next to a downed tree, exactly like in Logan. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that it's the same forest. And weather doesn't matter. Seasons change, dude.
We'll see. The flipped truck is an interesting detail, but I'm not 100% convinced that it's the same location yet.

Are they gonna finally gonna give Shatterstar a substantial role?

Also Colossus... are they going to bring the Daniel Cudmore version from X2/3/DOFP and let him interact with the Colossus from D1/2.

Are they gonna finally gonna give Shatterstar a substantial role?

Also Colossus... are they going to bring the Daniel Cudmore version from X2/3/DOFP and let him interact with the Colossus from D1/2.

I personally think everyone in that birthday scene, is only in the movie for that one scene. And that scene is probably at the start of the movie, and only last about 5 minutes. Once Wade gets taken by the TVA, we won't see any of them again... except maybe Vanessa. I think the reason why Josh Brolin, Zazie Beetz, Terry Crews, and Bill Skarsgard are noticeably absent, is bc they didn't want to come back for what will essentially be an extended cameo. But I hope I'm wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"