Deadpool & Wolverine Deadpool & Wolverine News and General Discussion Thread

If true, this could be the first time we actually see Marsden’s Cyclops in action since X2, 21 years ago. :cyclops:
*fingers crossed* for this! I remember almost cheering when he showed up again in Days of Future Past.

Yeah, nah, we don't need James Marsden anywhere near this project. Keep his disgusting ass away from it, please and thank you.

Yeah, nah, we don't need James Marsden anywhere near this project. Keep his disgusting ass away from it, please and thank you.
I assume this has to do with him being one of many writing a letter in support of Brian Peck in 2003?

Admittedly, if that's so, I imagine anyone who wrote could/would say they didn't know all of the details.

I assume this has to do with him being one of many writing a letter in support of Brian Peck in 2003?

Admittedly, if that's so, I imagine anyone who wrote could/would say they didn't know all of the details.
He himself has known Brian Peck since he was about the same age that Bell was when he was getting abused. Which brings into question a slew of other components that I won't get into here.

Also, didn't his letter, as well as others, say that Peck wouldn't have done anything unless he was "severely tempted"? Add that to the fact that Peck has photos of John Wayne Gacy all over his house for guests to plainly see.

Yeah, I'm going to go with he 100% knew what the charges were & what was going on, as did everyone who wrote letters defending him.

Keep his ass away from these movies.

Man, I absolutely hate seeing that Marsden was one of the people who wrote a letter. And he's been radio silent (at least on his IG) since that documentary dropped. It was a bummer to also hear Will Friedle & Rider Strong wrote letters on behalf of Brian Peck, and that they were in the court room on Peck's side.

I was really excited to see him back as Cyclops. Now... eh. Idk what they do with him and the Sonic movie. I'm guessing they try to brush it under the rug...

Also, I remember that Matthew Lawrence said he was going to have a role in a Marvel movie, but the director wanted him to undress in front of him, so he left. Back in the 2000s, he had that Cyclops look that Marsden had as well....

Just all very, very sad and strange.

Last edited:
I like a couple of Ryan Reynolds' movies, but Deadpool as a character is just too crass for me, so I haven't seen either of the first two films. And even though I like Hugh Jackman, I think his decision to come back as Wolverine may have been a mistake. Its been 8 years since "Logan", and in my opinion he was already pushing it at that point. The character may not age, but Mr. Jackman certainly has.

Man, I absolutely hate seeing that Marsden was one of the people who wrote a letter. And he's been radio silent (at least on his IG) since that documentary dropped. It was a bummer to also hear Will Friedle & Rider Strong wrote letters on behalf of Brian Peck, and that they were in the court room on Peck's side.

I was really excited to see him back as Cyclops. Now... eh. Idk what they do with him and the Sonic movie. I'm guessing they try to brush it under the rug...

Also, I remember that Matthew Lawrence said he was going to have a role in a Marvel movie, but the director wanted him to undress in front of him, so he left. Back in the 2000s, he had that Cyclops look that Marsden had as well....

Just all very, very sad and strange.
Agreed on all points. I've been a huge fan of Marsden for years but right is right and wrong is wrong. And he, Will Friedle and many others were 100% wrong for defending the abuser.

He likely won't appear in any X-Men related projects but I'm pretty sure Sonic 3 is already wrapped. Best thing we can do is show strong support by not showing up to watch the film so that it flops & they get the message loud and clear.

The entertainment industry just needs to get rid of people like this. It falls on all of us to start distancing ourselves from anyone who indulges in this sort of behavior instead of going "but they make movies/music/TV shows I like!" Screw all that, our fellow humans should come first, not the fictional characters they portray.

As for Jackman returning as Wolverine, I'm fine with it. I've always enjoyed his interpretation of Wolverine & it's nice that we'll (finally) get to see him step into the classic suit. Sure, he's older, but who cares? As long as the performance is good and he's having fun returning as the character that's all that really matters imho.

On the whole, I think The Last Stand is what ruined and tainted Marsden's characterisation of Cyclops in the public consciousness tbh. He was served well enough by X1, I thought. Yeah, Logan and Rogue were the main focus, but Cyclops himself was clearly the leader of the team, was confident, and called the shots in the final showdown.

X2, though disappointing as far as the amount of Cyclops in it, is justifiable on account of the story it's trying to tell. If Singer had been able to come back for X3 after doing Superman Returns, like he'd wanted, I think Cyclops would have likely been a key component of the story, and the trilogy as a whole would have served Cyclops a lot better.

Unfortunately, Fox wanted to rush and so Singer couldn't take part in X3, and Marsden couldn't participate to the extent he wanted. Thus, Cyclops ends up feeling like an afterthought in those movies. The Last Stand was the make or break for his character.

Yeah I always felt it was fine for X1 and X2 to be Wolverine-focused, given that he was the entry-point character in X1, and X2 was the conclusion of the Weapon X narrative he set-up in X1. But X3 should have been a Cyclops/Jean story, X4 should've been a Storm story, X5 should've been a Rogue/Gambit story, etc.

Marsden has worse things to worry about than being associated with X3, now.

Yea May seems like a good spot for spot for it. Right before they start gearing up for the press tour.

giphy-41.gif

Wasn’t expecting a trailer until early May.

Hmm it looks like they are continuing this "white background" look from the first two Deadpool films for the posters.

I want to believe that at some point, Ryan Reynolds actually did hold Hugh Jackman hostage and at gunpoint while begging him to finally be in a Deadpool film with him.

Cool trailer. Very excited to see the Logan and Wade dynamic. I still get the feeling that everything with the supporting cast will just be in that birthday scene before Wade gets pulled into the MCU. I get it, but still unfortunate because I really do like that cast. But I think I'll like Logan's Whiskey Claw more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"