Deadpool & Wolverine Deadpool & Wolverine News and General Discussion Thread

I personally think everyone in that birthday scene, is only in the movie for that one scene. And that scene is probably at the start of the movie, and only last about 5 minutes. Once Wade gets taken by the TVA, we won't see any of them again... except maybe Vanessa. I think the reason why Josh Brolin, Zazie Beetz, Terry Crews, and Bill Skarsgard are noticeably absent, is bc they didn't want to come back for what will essentially be an extended cameo. But I hope I'm wrong.
Hmmm I think Deadpool would be stuck in reality of The Wolverine and the other foX characters that might show up.

I personally think everyone in that birthday scene, is only in the movie for that one scene. And that scene is probably at the start of the movie, and only last about 5 minutes. Once Wade gets taken by the TVA, we won't see any of them again... except maybe Vanessa. I think the reason why Josh Brolin, Zazie Beetz, Terry Crews, and Bill Skarsgard are noticeably absent, is bc they didn't want to come back for what will essentially be an extended cameo. But I hope I'm wrong.
Are they gonna finally gonna give Shatterstar a substantial role?

Also Colossus... are they going to bring the Daniel Cudmore version from X2/3/DOFP and let him interact with the Colossus from D1/2.
I don't think that scene will be much. It should be an early scene, it seems like Wade left his universe for another where his people are all still alive.

Yeah, looking back at the trailer, that's kind of my worry because I really do like the Deadpool cast. But like you said, they'll probably be in that one birthday scene and once Wade gets dragged into the MCU, we won't see them again. I want to be wrong, though, but it would not surprise me if they're just cameo appearances.

Would be nice if they could at least bring NSTW into the MCU too somehow. Doubt they have any plans to make a 616 version of the character.

Perhaps once he finds out that those character are in danger due to an incursion he turns on the TVA. The movie could be like a small scale Battlewood type battle ft the TVA, Deadpool and other Fox characters battling to survive and escape the void to make their way into the sacred timeline or find a being powerful enough to naturally integrate them - which probably won't happen until Secret Wars. I would love for the Deadpool franchise to continue and I think he has a strong supporting cast. One of the best since Raimi's in my opinion.

Are we expecting Ryan Deadpool to continue interacting within the MCU post Secret Wars? I sure hope so if he wants to. The guy could literally be the one carrying the MCU on his back after RDJr if the movie is the hit its looking like it may be.

It's really comical because I recall people expecting Holland Spidey, Benedict Strange, and Brie Larson being the ones to carry the MCU instead it's shapping like it will be Ryans Fox Deadpool or Monty from Waiting lol

Last edited:
Perhaps once he finds out that those character are in danger due to an incursion he turns on the TVA. The movie could be like a small scale Battlewood type battle ft the TVA, Deadpool and other Fox characters battling to survive and escape the void to make their way into the sacred timeline or find a being powerful enough to naturally integrate them - which probably won't happen until Secret Wars. I would love for the Deadpool franchise to continue and I think he has a strong supporting cast. One of the best since Raimi's in my opinion.

Are we expecting Ryan Deadpool to continue interacting within the MCU post Secret Wars? I sure hope so if he wants to. The guy could literally be the one carrying the MCU on his back after RDJr if the movie is the hit its looking like it may be.

It's really comical because I recall people expecting Holland Spidey, Benedict Strange, and Brie Larson being the ones to carry the MCU instead it's shapping like it will be Ryans Fox Deadpool or Monty from Waiting lol
If we get RDJ appearance in Secret Wars as Alternate Stark, I don't think they would pass up some Deadpool interactions. Even if they are not the originals we loved for years and alternates, they will want some Deadpool scenes. I doubt he will break the 4th wall much in those team up type movies.

Hmm. I didn't eXpect they would even ask him since there was a different Juggernaut in Deadpool 2.

Interesting. I'm really curious how many villains from the OT films were asked back for this.

And if those villains are brought back, surely the entire OT X-Men will appear even for a cameo?

Oh this is gonna be awful to watch with a crowd, everybody pointing to the screen explaining to their date who everyone is.

Oh this is gonna be awful to watch with a crowd, everybody pointing to the screen explaining to their date who everyone is.
I pray that no on here finds themselves in a screening with Matt Ramos.

On the whole, I think The Last Stand is what ruined and tainted Marsden's characterisation of Cyclops in the public consciousness tbh. He was served well enough by X1, I thought. Yeah, Logan and Rogue were the main focus, but Cyclops himself was clearly the leader of the team, was confident, and called the shots in the final showdown.

X2, though disappointing as far as the amount of Cyclops in it, is justifiable on account of the story it's trying to tell. If Singer had been able to come back for X3 after doing Superman Returns, like he'd wanted, I think Cyclops would have likely been a key component of the story, and the trilogy as a whole would have served Cyclops a lot better.

Unfortunately, Fox wanted to rush and so Singer couldn't take part in X3, and Marsden couldn't participate to the extent he wanted. Thus, Cyclops ends up feeling like an afterthought in those movies. The Last Stand was the make or break for his character.

If true, this could be the first time we actually see Marsden’s Cyclops in action since X2, 21 years ago. :cyclops:
Of course this had to come out after it was revealed he defended Drake Bell's abuser.

On the whole, I think The Last Stand is what ruined and tainted Marsden's characterisation of Cyclops in the public consciousness tbh. He was served well enough by X1, I thought. Yeah, Logan and Rogue were the main focus, but Cyclops himself was clearly the leader of the team, was confident, and called the shots in the final showdown.
I liked Marsden in the first one. I thought he was well-used. But I'd argue there's a systemic problem with adapting Cyclops in most versions. The animated series also made him a bit of a killjoy. Basically, they focused on his negative qualities and didn't round him out. I'd have to give this more thought, but I wonder if it could be called the "Ron Weasley Effect." Basically, producers find other characters far more interesting so they give the attention to them and only use the boring or negative parts of the character they dislike

I liked Marsden in the first one. I thought he was well-used. But I'd argue there's a systemic problem with adapting Cyclops in most versions. The animated series also made him a bit of a killjoy. Basically, they focused on his negative qualities and didn't round him out. I'd have to give this more thought, but I wonder if it could be called the "Ron Weasley Effect." Basically, producers find other characters far more interesting so they give the attention to them and only use the boring or negative parts of the character they dislike
We're running the risk of going too far off-topic here, but in the case of the Potter films, I think that's commonly understood to be a problem with Steve Kloves falling so much in the love with the character of Hermione Granger, that he'd often pinch other character's lines from the books (usually Ron Weasley) and give them to Hermione instead. And so whereas Ron's often the one dolling out exposition about the Wizarding World in the novels (which makes sense, given he's the only one of the trio who's grown up in it), in the movies Ron's a gawping fool who makes funny faces all the time and is just as in the dark as Harry is lol.

Getting back to Cyclops, he might be a bit of a killjoy in the animated series (I haven't seen most of it in years, and have only recently tried getting back into it), but imo he was always a loveable killjoy lol. And Marsden's Cyclops, again, though horribly underused across the trilogy, I always found to be very charming and I love that the character has enough humility to do things like actually laugh at Wolverine giving him 'the finger' via his claws. 😅

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"