Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people underestimate just how powerful Weinstein was in making or breaking careers.

I don't think that's the case.

But, I still find it odd that people were having "meetings" in hotel rooms rather than offices, especially with a top exec like him. Not that such things couldn't happen in an office, but still. Unless, like I said, having a meeting in hotel room is a common Hollywood thing.

I haven't seen anything on an actual site, which makes me want to wait. Outside of the one post the other day from a friend to someone, I haven't seen anything. Even the stuff with Affleck, when it broke on twitter, ended up on the major sites.

Yeah Im surprised it's not more places or that it hasn't gained any traction.

I still don't understand why people would meet him in hotel rooms. Unless that's a common thing in Hollywood.

Those hotel rooms are usually business suites - it's a room with an office. Not unusual for meetings to be held there.

Hence why it's the perfect cover for anybody with pull to do something shady.

I'm starting to see the squick of so many wacky teen comedies being under the Weinstein label back in the 90s and early 00s.

I haven't seen anything on an actual site, which makes me want to wait. Outside of the one post the other day from a friend to someone, I haven't seen anything. Even the stuff with Affleck, when it broke on twitter, ended up on the major sites.

I haven't seen anything yet on a news site....but have seen some questionable pics of him with half naked men laying in his lap on twitter. Been hearing rumors of stuff for years though.

I haven't seen anything yet on a news site....but have seen some questionable pics of him with half naked men laying in his lap on twitter. Been hearing rumors of stuff for years though.

Him with a guy on his lap doesn’t mean anything coerced was going on.

Him with a guy on his lap doesn’t mean anything coerced was going on.

Yep, I have no idea what was going on....but people asked what was being said about him....I saw on various twitter feeds people making comments about him acting inappropriately with underaged boys....and some of these tweets showed a pic of what looked like a drunk Spacey with a guy across his lap and the guy's genital area with a black bar covering it. I couldn't tell the guys age....I'm just telling you what I read. I hope it isn't true....I really like Spacey.

It's a really tricky situation. On one hand, you don't want to feed into the "gay men are pedophiles" association that bigots try to put forth. On the other hand, there is an unsettling problem in Hollywood with some very powerful gay men doing the exact same kind of harassment that's being done to young women.

Yep, I have no idea what was going on....but people asked what was being said about him....I saw on various twitter feeds people making comments about him acting inappropriately with underaged boys....and some of these tweets showed a pic of what looked like a drunk Spacey with a guy across his lap and the guy's genital area with a black bar covering it. I couldn't tell the guys age....I'm just telling you what I read. I hope it isn't true....I really like Spacey.
Yeah, thank you for the info Lee. I have been curious what has been talked about on twitter. I too am a big Spacey fan, so I am hoping this isn't true as well. Just gonna have to wait see where this goes.

It's a really tricky situation. On one hand, you don't want to feed into the "gay men are pedophiles" association that bigots try to put forth. On the other hand, there is an unsettling problem in Hollywood with some very powerful gay men doing the exact same kind of harassment that's being done to young women.
Just look at what we learned from Terry Crews and James Van Der Beek.

Yeah, thank you for the info Lee. I have been curious what has been talked about on twitter. I too am a big Spacey fan, so I am hoping this isn't true as well. Just gonna have to wait see where this goes.

I've kind of learned to become detached to most movie stars when it comes to their behavior. Not to the point where I'm not a fan, or that I'm not bothered by them doing bad things, but when I hear that IRL their *******s, it doesn't surprise me too much anymore.

Except for Keanu Reeves. It would destroy me if I learned bad things about him. He seems like one of the few truly decent dudes in that biz.

Those hotel rooms are usually business suites - it's a room with an office. Not unusual for meetings to be held there.

Ok. I still find it a weird place to have a meeting rather than at his office or some office at his studio.

If I remember correctly, it was Kate Beckinsale who said she thought she was going to meet him in a conference room at a hotel and then when she got there, she was told to go to his room.

Who of his friends or associates is being witch-hunted?

Just from reading Twitter I've seen the likes of Affleck, Damon, Tarantino & even James Corden(?) (I'm sure there are others) being named with many people asking how can Weinstein's many friends both in & out of the industry not have known? Guilty by association with people scrambling to dig up any sort of skeletons they can on those connected with Weinstein which is no doubt one of the reasons why Affleck's own scandal has been born.

Yes it's good if it exposes people who perhaps really did know about or tried to cover some of this up or even gets more people who've sexually harassed or assaulted someone brought to light, but people are out for blood & you can bet that there are some that will get caught in the firing line 'perhaps' unjustly that's all I mean.

There's a hashtag on Instagram where models are sharing their stories and the stupid thing is, the names of the perps are blacked out. It's not enough to share your story, Weinstein taught us that. People have to be named. Otherwise, it means nothing.

From a legal standpoint I don't think it would be wise to name & shame for something so serious on Twitter or Instagram. Surely you would open yourself up to all sorts of lawsuits.

When you have straight men in power doing bad s*** and gay men in power doing bad s***, I think it ceases to be a gay or straight thing, and more a men having power thing.

Not sure if this one has been posted yet. Melissa Sagemiller describes her experience while filming Get Over It.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/harvey-weinstein-melissa-sagemiller_us_59dff438e4b0a52aca16ba76
I literally was thinking about her yesterday. I had seen her in Get Over It, Soul Survivors and Sorority Boys. She seemed to be an up and comer and then just disappeared. Now we know why.

And you look at the Miramax movies of the 90s. Filled with so many young up and coming actresses, he worked with so many women like Neve Campbell, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Rachel Leigh Cook, Michelle Williams, Zoe Saldana, Katie Holmes, Natalie Portman, Jordana Brewster, Anna Paquin, Amy Smart, Julia Stiles, Kate Hudson. Who knows how many of them had the same experiences.

Last edited:
When you have straight men in power doing bad s*** and gay men in power doing bad s***, I think it ceases to be a gay or straight thing, and more a men having power thing.

Exactly. Bryan Singer did horrible things to boys, Weinstein did horrible things to women. Equally as bad. Preferences mean nothing.

The earliest accusation goes all the way back to 1980, which makes me suspect that he was likely committing assaults sometime in the 70s as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"