Denzel wants to be a superhero

Nighthawk!
S_P_Nighthawk.jpg

If they ever changed the race of Lex Luthor, Denzel would be perfect.

Problem is, after his most recent group of films, (including the likes of Man on Fire and American Gangster), I would think he would be sick and tired of Antiheroes.

Since this is a DC thread, how about Mr. Terrific II, Doctor Midnite III, Mr. Miracle II, or Especially Black Lightning.

If Denzel ever did a superhero film, it's a guaranteed blockbuster.
Not only would the film itself look interesting, but the credibility that Denzel adds to the film would be something else.
he can play one of the crappiest superhero roles in one of the worst comic book movies and it would still sell :o

To be serious my favorite choice of all of these is Martian Manhunter. That would be out-of-control awesome.

^^^

Word Up. Unfortunately...thats waaaaaaaay too awesome to ever come to pass. It's right up there with The WB creating a Paradox Machine to erase Batman & Robin or C. Reeve never riding that horse. Wonderful Wishes that unfortunately won't come true cause its too much like doing the right thing.

I'm sure the MM part will go to one of the Wayans Bros or something. :csad:

I think he could be a good John Stewart, but I think he would be awesome as Black Manta.

Denzel Washington IS a super hero. It takes superpowers to do what he did in Malcolm X & Training Day.

^^^

why is it that black super people always have to have black in front of their name as if we can't see their ethnicity? I mean, the Legion doesn't call Lightning Lad "White Lightning". Mr Terrific should consider himself lucky. He could have been "Mr. Terrificly Black"

Technically, you wouldn't have to be white to be Superman, even though you shouldn't change the race of such a popular superhero. Only lesser-knowns, and special cases like Nick Fury.

Can somebody please enlighten me on why Nick Fury seems to be the one character that no one minds that they change his ethnicity?

I mean, I know he's not as iconic as Superman or Spidey, but he is a well known character that plenty of talent white actors could play. I know that the Ultimates version of this character was basically a Samuel L. Jackson clone, but the original incarnation was nothing of the sort. So if people can b**ch about Spider-Man's organic webshooters and Galactus being a cloud, I can be pissed that I'm going to see Shaft Fury on the screen instead of the gruff, cigar chomping, no-nonsense badass Nick should have been. It's not even that I have a problem with a black actor playing the part; I have a problem with Samuel L. Jackson playing the part because he's just going to play the same damn character he's played in every action movie he's been in. And to me anyway, that is NOT Nick Fury.

being being black probably seems more badass? :p

being being black probably seems more badass? :p

Being black is automatically being a badass. I don't follow the white man's rules of cool. :o

Realistically speaking he'd never play a role that requires him putting a mask or makeup on. He's too big of an actor IMO.

Being black is automatically being a badass. I don't follow the white man's rules of cool. :o
hell yes! and this is coming from a white guy, i think fury is sooo much more badass as a black guy

Denzel would be awesome in whatever part he took, he is one of those actors who (no matter how big he is) can become lost in the role as long as its a good one.
I would love to see him in some superhero role.

But Crow's comments just bugged me, reminded me that most people think comic books and comic book movies and characters are for young children and the simple minded.
He would be like Colin Ferral (in Daredevil) and be totally one dimensional and over act and ruin the role.

I could go on about how Crows comment bugged me but I wont.

Denzel needs to pick a really good and powerful role, that would help make people see comic films aren't just silly wastes of time.

thats_racist.gif

LOL.

Not really... terry78 and batboy99 just have the thing for black guys. It's all good.
black superheroes are cool :o but i prefer the black girls over black guys if you know what i mean :p

He's too old to be a superhero,but Black Panther's father is a good idea.

Denzel would be awesome in whatever part he took, he is one of those actors who (no matter how big he is) can become lost in the role as long as its a good one.
No he doesn't. Every single role of his he's the same character.
He would be like Colin Ferral (in Daredevil) and be totally one dimensional and over act and ruin the role.
Actually that's how Denzel acts

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"