Superheroes: How They Ruined Summer Movies

Here's what I would say to him in person. "Don't like it, stop being a movie critic and review something else.Your complaints mean nothing to me. You guys get paid to review movies for goodness sakes, and you complain. These movies aren't about you anyway. Summer movies are about us, the fans, so who gives a darn what you think. It's what we think."

I don't understand the complain of summer not being diverse anymore? :huh: This month you have a bunch of comedies, two animated films, etc. In August you have Pineapple Express. There's something for everyone. :huh:

At the end of the day, the guy was venting. He doesn't like the movies. Big deal. Not everyone likes these types of movies. There are certain types of movies I tend to dislike and could write entire articles about how bad I think they are.

You know how this guy could put an end to this issue? Finding a girlfriend. Guys who have one don't moan and groan like this.

On a more serious note, if it wasn't summer superhero movies it'd be summer action movies. Just because comic book films are popular now doesn't mean that they've engulfed everything. 2009's gonna be boring for mainstream comic geeks, so I guess this guy can get his knickers wet next year.

Some of the guys complaints are just incredibly condescending to. He implies that characters like Punisher, Daredevil, Ghost Rider, and Aquaman are all some kind of plauge on the face of literature, and that turning them into movies is somehow a personal attack on him. All of those characters, even lame ass Aquaman, have millions of fans...This guy just needs to take the stick out of his ass.

I like how he assumes that because Ang Lee was an oscar nominated director and that his Hulk movie failed, that it is so unconsciously ridiculous to image an action director could make it work!

Who's fault is it that there aren't other summer blockbusters besides comic movies. It's actually not even true. There are several alternative films coming out that this guy could enjoy . He might like Indiana Jones but i'm sure Sex and the City is probably his type of thing.

The article doesn't even seriously state why he hates comic-turned-movies so much other than he was bored by Spider-Man which I thought was physically impossible, even people who I know who hate Spider-Man were at least entertained by the movie, and he gives all these panzy ass reasons including one that isn't even an actual superhero movie Aquaman. What a horrible article.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"