Designing characters for Smallville that won't be on the show

Binker

Superhero
Reaction score
As we wanted to have certain characters like Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern; we've also wondered how and if their outfits would look like on the show's universe as "pre-what they will eventually become" using normal attires, and vice-versa. With the show ending in the coming months, I thought maybe we should play around with the DCU characters and play what-if on how their attires/outfits would look like on the show. And maybe pitch what kind of character/episode he or she would appear in? Maybe have some artwork as well. Anyway, I'll start first.

GREEN LANTERN: HAL JORDAN

THE WARDROBE: For Smallville's Hal/GL, I always pictured him wearing his flight jacket most of the time, no different when people where their clothes that represent the military they're part of. But that would be Hal's one outfit; the other would be a normal attire take on his GL outfit: a green leather vest jacket over a white long-sleeve shirt, and black pants and boots. Of course, he would have the ring, and when in power, Hal's eyes would be green (like John Stewart on JLU) instead of a mask.

CHARACTER: Hal is a "Green Lantern in Training". The origin of him getting the ring from the dying Abin Sur has already happened, and now takes on small adventures/missions as part of his training. It is because of him knowing Oa, the Guardians, the Green Lantern Corps, and of course the uniforms, that Hal decides to recreate the uniform design using regular clothes so he is "wearing it" even before he actually gets it. One of the things Hal overcomes in his SV episode is fear; he might've been selected by the ring because he has the ability to overcome fear, but that doesn't mean he can overcome it at will. That's what he is able to do in this episode.

DEBUT EPISODE: "Lantern", I don't know where I put this episode, which season, but the general idea is that Hal shows off a new plane in Metropolis, which is also wear he is having his small adventures. Meets Clark and co., fights a GL-related bad guy (I wouldn't think nor should it be someone like Sinestro). It would be only with the fight at the end where we see Hal as (pre-) GL. Afterwards, there would be a scene where, its all in black, the guardians telling him he has passed and he is now officially the Green Lantern of Sector 2814. Then we see Hal surrounded by, and then covered in, green light where he now wears the Green Lantern outfit from the source material. Then close the episode with the credits.

It's a shame I can't draw good (I use to too) so I can show you what that attire would look like, but maybe someone can?

Anyway, what about you guys? I have a take on Wonder Woman that even I have to work out the bugs on, and I don't know about Batman since the only way to have him is to HAVE HIM as Batman, period. But anway, what are your pitches for Smallville versions of the DC characters that range from Batman to Green Lantern, Wonder Woman to Captain Marvel, etc.?

it would have been interesting to see what they would have done with certain characters. Now if it was like in seasons 3-5 probably wouldnt have been costumes. But once ollie showed up in costume i am sure if said characters showed up they would have had a real costume, smallvillized of course.

We still haven't seen Superman yet, so not sure if I'd look far into other characters for the show. It's Clark the early years, with a little blur. Why put in established heroes ahead of him :confused:

hmmm zack we already know before clark and the jl there was other heroes with the jsa and all that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"