What DCU superhero(es) do you want to see before Smallville ends in 2009?

Binker

Superhero
Reaction score
What I ask happens to be the title of this topic: what superhero, or superheroes, do you want to see before Smallville ends after its eighth and final season come 2009? It can be one, or even three, choices. I only ask for 1-3, no more. I'll go first.

For me, I would pick (keep in mind, they are not ranked):

1) Wonder Woman
It would be really cool to have her on. I know the rights have been tied since they tried to have her on the show before, but I believe there are two things that could her bring her on: her in the JLA movie, and her DTV animated movie. It would be nice to have an episode that could be use as some sort of tie-in toward one of those (the DTV mostly). As for the Smallville version of her; because of the "Themysciran Queen visits Pope" newspaper, I could see her as a politician’s daughter on the show who meets Clark. How? I don't know but it is rumored that Clark will get a job at the Daily Planet either at the very end of this, or sometime in the next, season. So if that's the case, he could meet her while reporting on Diana's mother. And she would wear his costume which would probably be a battle armor version of it (like Donna Troy's OYL version). Maybe Clark and Diana battle Ares, and the Smallville version of Ares could be very similar to the DCAU version.

2) Green Lantern
Having Hal Jordan, complete with the ring, could be very cool to have teaming up with Clark. Maybe even being friends with him in more than a couple of episodes. The thing would be the costume, since the ring creates it for him. I believe he should have it, and then they could just make something of it that would be presentable for show like Green Arrow's costume. Speaking of Green Arrow, just imagine Hal as Green Lantern and Ollie as Green Arrow together, very Brave and the Bold/O'Neil-Adams from the '70s! Also, wouldn't it be cool to have an episode that might be some sort of tie-in to James Robinson's upcoming Justice League by having Hal meeting Ollie, discussing Ollie's Justice League, and Hal offering Ollie to do more with the team by doing the things that will be the case when Robinson's series starts? Would be pretty neat.

3) Undecided member(s) of the Legion of Super-Heroes
This is undecided because I don't know if one, two, three, or more of the Legion of Super-Heroes should appear if they did on the show. What I will tell you is that I believe that having this team represented on the show really sort of completes the Superboy elements in Smallville. While it isn't suppose to be, the show can be considered a Superboy-type show. As for what I would want to see from them on the show: well it could be more like the now-cancelled animated series where Clark is taken to the 31st century to help the Legion, and along the way he visits this museum and sees himself with the suit, and his superhero name "Superman". Or it could go the STAS way with a 31st century version of Brainiac sent to destroy Clark and members of the Legion come to protect him. And at the end, while they won't for time paradox fears, one of them will say to Clark "thank you for what you done or...what you will do". Or something like that. If I had to, I would only come up with three names of the Legion that I would agree should appear on the show, and it happens to be the three founding members: Cosmic Boy, Saturn Girl, and Lightning Lad.

What’s yours?

What I ask happens to be the title of this topic: what superhero, or superheroes, do you want to see before Smallville ends after its eighth and final season come 2009? It can be one, or even three, choices. I only ask for 1-3, no more. I'll go first.

For me, I would pick (keep in mind, they are not ranked):

1) Wonder Woman
It would be really cool to have her on. I know the rights have been tied since they tried to have her on the show before, but I believe there are two things that could her bring her on: her in the JLA movie, and her DTV animated movie. It would be nice to have an episode that could be use as some sort of tie-in toward one of those (the DTV mostly). As for the Smallville version of her; because of the "Themysciran Queen visits Pope" newspaper, I could see her as a politician’s daughter on the show who meets Clark. How? I don't know but it is rumored that Clark will get a job at the Daily Planet either at the very end of this, or sometime in the next, season. So if that's the case, he could meet her while reporting on Diana's mother. And she would wear his costume which would probably be a battle armor version of it (like Donna Troy's OYL version). Maybe Clark and Diana battle Ares, and the Smallville version of Ares could be very similar to the DCAU version.

2) Green Lantern
Having Hal Jordan, complete with the ring, could be very cool to have teaming up with Clark. Maybe even being friends with him in more than a couple of episodes. The thing would be the costume, since the ring creates it for him. I believe he should have it, and then they could just make something of it that would be presentable for show like Green Arrow's costume. Speaking of Green Arrow, just imagine Hal as Green Lantern and Ollie as Green Arrow together, very Brave and the Bold/O'Neil-Adams from the '70s! Also, wouldn't it be cool to have an episode that might be some sort of tie-in to James Robinson's upcoming Justice League by having Hal meeting Ollie, discussing Ollie's Justice League, and Hal offering Ollie to do more with the team by doing the things that will be the case when Robinson's series starts? Would be pretty neat.

3) Undecided member(s) of the Legion of Super-Heroes
This is undecided because I don't know if one, two, three, or more of the Legion of Super-Heroes should appear if they did on the show. What I will tell you is that I believe that having this team represented on the show really sort of completes the Superboy elements in Smallville. While it isn't suppose to be, the show can be considered a Superboy-type show. As for what I would want to see from them on the show: well it could be more like the now-cancelled animated series where Clark is taken to the 31st century to help the Legion, and along the way he visits this museum and sees himself with the suit, and his superhero name "Superman". Or it could go the STAS way with a 31st century version of Brainiac sent to destroy Clark and members of the Legion come to protect him. And at the end, while they won't for time paradox fears, one of them will say to Clark "thank you for what you done or...what you will do". Or something like that. If I had to, I would only come up with three names of the Legion that I would agree should appear on the show, and it happens to be the three founding members: Cosmic Boy, Saturn Girl, and Lightning Lad.

What’s yours?

That is just basically the heroes I want to see before it ends. :grin:

the legion!

i think warner brothers can give smallville a present for 8 years by giving them wonder woman for an episode

New Management. Can we be certain season 8 is still the last? Studios notoriously milk shows past their prime. Usually the producers/creators pull the plug when things are going strong. Would not suprise me if season 9 is bantered about. More so if season 8's numbers are strong.

NONE!!!

No more.

This should be about Clark.

Bringing in Kara, with her flying before Clark, is bad enough. :(

NONE!!!

No more.

AGREED!!

Seeing Kara up at the "listening post" instead of Clark really pissed me off.
All I can hope is that when the launch sequence kicks into effect next season they make up for it.

how about superman from future goes back in time and meets smallvile clark

thye can have Brandon routh to play that character

it will be intresting to see that

personally id like to see a Wonder Woman and a Green Lantern in smallville. But the one hero I wanna see most in the show is Batman, or atleast Bruce Wayne.

Why do people want that man in this show?

And he wouldn't do it, mostly because he's a "film" star now... Even if he was that hard up for cash, no way would anyone think that he was an older version of Tom Welling.

Trust me on this: not only is Routh younger than Tom, they don't look that much alike.

I would like to see Superman before the show ends.... We have not seen him yet albeit a few glmpses.

legion would be ace.

everything else would really be a gimmick.

I wouldn't actually having clark being taught how to fly by the legion or at least flying using a power ring or something...

A Legion episode which is a mixture of man of tommorow, new kids on the block, Adventure Comics issue 247, the Teen Titans/Legion of Superheroes crossover Superman and the Legion of Superheroes and In the Begining. Legionaire founders Cosmic Boy, Lightning Lad and Saturn Girl go back in the past to save Superman from a future Brainiac and at the end Clark back after spending time with the Legion for five monthes now almost ready to be Superman.

The way to play Hal is to get him right after he gets the ring. He doesn't know anything about the Guardians and he hasn't been off planet yet. He's faced one enemy and maybe that's who he's chasing into Metropolis or Smallville.

Don't show Hal in the uniform at all until the end. Just have him trying to blend in with the population and have him wearing a flight jacket. He's gotta be a pilot.

At the end maybe Hal could give Clark a flying lesson. Just have him flying along beside him talking and then let Hal tell Clark that he stopped "holding" him up about 10 minutes ago. Then Clark goes into the drink when he discovers that he's been doing the flying.

Maybe Sinestro is on earth because of some Kryptonian artifact he wants. Maybe he wants to use Brainiac or something.

Tons of potential.

:gl: :gl: :gl:

I think the season finale should have Darksied and the JL comes in to help Clark and GL and WW are in it now or have another JL episode in the last season.

For me, it is most definitely Darkseid as the villain for Season 8 with Wonder Woman and Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) joining the Justice League!!!

My picks...

DARKSEID...Dennis Haysbert (53 yrs...6'5")
dsjp0.jpg

WONDER WOMAN...Lorena Bernal (26 yrs...5'8")
wwwl7.jpg

GREEN LANTERN...Scott Porter (28 yrs...6')
glsd7.jpg

it will be intresting to see that

I thought that was going to happen when Dean Cain had been cast a while back. Having him on the show as a villain was a missed opportunity.

They could have easily done a crisis episode with every single actor that has played superman coming into the show to represent supermen from alternate world's in a crisis like ep

perhaps too much of a fan orgasm though.... and it would be a shame to do it without christopher...

For me, it is most definitely Darkseid as the villain for Season 8 with Wonder Woman and Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) joining the Justice League!!!

My picks...

DARKSEID...Dennis Haysbert (53 yrs...6'5")
dsjp0.jpg

WONDER WOMAN...Lorena Bernal (26 yrs...5'8")
wwwl7.jpg

GREEN LANTERN...Scott Porter (28 yrs...6')
glsd7.jpg

That's just basically perfect there. :grin: I would love to see 3 of them before it ends.

NONE!!!

No more.

Exactly and especially no to the Legion. lol@ quagmire of ****ery it would take the Smallville continuity to bring in those clowns in from the future.

Well since Smallville is bound to have a filler episode or 2, why not have those filler episodes by introducing new members of the team?

Steel would work easy since he is a metropolis based superhero, and Wonder Woman, since...well shes Wonder Woman!

i can see Hal jordan crashing a small plane in the kent farm and staying with clark till the plane is fixed,

but i'd rather see the legion.

i can see them picking up clark and taking him to the futre in a season finale, then have clark come back on the next season premire like he never went to the future, and the rest of the season the legion will show up a couple times to help him out and stuff.

They could have easily done a crisis episode with every single actor that has played superman coming into the show to represent supermen from alternate world's in a crisis like ep

perhaps too much of a fan orgasm though.... and it would be a shame to do it without christopher...

I'd love this, and they could make it work w/o CR. They're banding together to LOOK for CR, who has been captured by some villain. Use clips from CR's various Clark/Superman appearances to pull this off. By the time they get to him, it's too late - he either flies into the sun to sacrifice himself or gets killed.

I just think they need to get rid of the little group of superheroes with aquaman, green arrow, cyborg, and the flash..at first it was like OMG!!!!!!!! look at that its amazing but lately its been totally lame its like great we get it its alluding to whats to come..I mean by the time Black Canary came on I was like....great whatever whats next? another lame ass plot with some other superhero and clark wearing Red and Blue AGAIN..

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"