• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Detective Pikachu

i like Legendary but i dont want they involved in this , just because they are so boring and stupid to promote their own movies see with Warcraft some people still dont know the movie comes out next month

i like Legendary but i dont want they involved in this , just because they are so boring and stupid to promote their own movies see with Warcraft some people still dont know the movie comes out next month

Warcraft comes out in June.

Interested to see how this works out. They're going to need a decent budget and a capable director to get all the Pokemon looking good. I used to love Pokemon and Digimon as a kid. Would love to see Digimon on the big screen someday too.

Interested to see how this works out. They're going to need a decent budget and a capable director to get all the Pokemon looking good. I used to love Pokemon and Digimon as a kid. Would love to see Digimon on the big screen someday too.

I echo these statements.

One thing is for sure, they NEED to cast ken watanabe as professor oak

Oh god they're going to whitewash ash aren't they?

Anyway yeah, whoever buys the rights to Nintendo characters will be the only ones with a property that can rival the dominance of marvel.

i'll be honest i always thought he was white lol

One thing is for sure, they NEED to cast ken watanabe as professor oak

Ken Watanabe seems so serious. Professor Oak seems more of a gentle character than that. I wish that Robin Williams didn't pass away because Nintendo told him he'd be guaranteed a role as Professor Oak. And that would have been nice to see.

I was watching clips of Scott Pilgrim and it would be great if they made the Pokemon battles have a similar vibe to the fight scenes in the movie.
[YT]cvvWpv6uB8s[/YT]
So does anyone think Edgar Wright would be the type to take on Pokemon? Or is he still too burned with the way he was handled by big franchise pumping studios like Marvel?

And speaking of Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg for Professor Oak? It's a little odd but I think playing a scientist could be in his wheelhouse?
simon-pegg.jpg

1465705-professor_oak_anime.png

or Neil Patrick Harris?
neil-patrick-harris7.jpg

Last edited:
Nothing will be more terrifying than a live action Rattacate.

Hey wait, how many generations of Pokemon will we see in this movie?

Probably just the 1st, they don't wanna shoot the wad so to speak. Franchise. Hell, Team Rocket will just be the antagonists while Giovanni gets the Thanos treatment.

^Could be, if it makes all the money they want and if Ash's story is done, they could do progressive soft-reboots where there's a new protagonist in every region with Professor Oak as a constant that reprises his role. And then do an Avengers-style team-up. LOL I just gave Legendary Pictures ideas. :D

^Could be, if it makes all the money they want and if Ash's story is done, they could do progressive soft-reboots where there's a new protagonist in every region with Professor Oak as a constant that reprises his role. And then do an Avengers-style team-up. LOL I just gave Legendary Pictures ideas. :D

Based on the name of this thread and a couple of your posts...I'm gonna guess you visit RangerBoard also. :woot:

I think Jon Favreau would do this justice. And I think this would be a cool cast:
q0nuI30.jpg

IjLca26.jpg

iK8qXkT.jpg

V5nsBZE.jpg

I don't know how you film this and it doesn't end up like Dragon Ball.

IMHO, Pokemon is unfilmable in live action.

I think Jon Favreau would do this justice. And I think this would be a cool cast:
q0nuI30.jpg

IjLca26.jpg

iK8qXkT.jpg

V5nsBZE.jpg
I love it. Can you list the others beside Bruce Campbell?

I'd also cast Ludi Lin(Power Rangers) as either Brock or James.

If they honestly had any chance, they'd get a guy like a Peter Jackson/James Cameron type who can create these big fantastical worlds from scratch. I guess Jon Favreau could do it, but the Pokemon world has a way bigger scope than India.

I wonder if the movie is going to be closer to the games/Pokemon Origins with Red instead based on the regular anime series with Ash. Or it could be a mix between the two. I'm curious about this movie.

If they go wtih a more whimsical tone, do it like Scott Pilgrim.

And if they prefer a more "serious" tone, this is basically Kaiju-lite, so they've got Godzilla/Jurassic World as templates.

I wonder if the movie is going to be closer to the games/Pokemon Origins with Red instead based on the regular anime series with Ash. Or it could be a mix between the two. I'm curious about this movie.

I wouldn't mind if they throw some things of Pokémon Special there as well (a comic-book adaptation of the games that's more action-oriented, though generally remains faithful).

Last edited:
another question would be the Creature Design , would they use the Originial Videogame Designs or like Strange Kaiju Typical!?

Than the Story i can imagine that they adapt the first (RED/BLUE) Games with a Massive Endfight against Team Rocket Leader Giovanni who Team with Mewtwo or something like that

another question would be the Creature Design , would they use the Originial Videogame Designs or like Strange Kaiju Typical!?
Hoping they go for the best in the business whoever it is. Who did that role for James Cameron's Avatar?
Sure it's Ryan Potter (ash), Ki Hong Lee (brock), and Liana Liberato
Thanks!

EDIT: Hiro from Big Hero 6 as Ash Ketchum is too perfect as well as Ki Hong Lee. I laughed at the "She has a boyfriend" video. He nails Brock. And Liana definitely nails Misty. I think this cast wins.

Last edited:
No mention of those characters' original names.

Fictional world with made-up places ✔
Characters look cartoonish enough with vague references that would signal country of origin ✔
English dub renames them so as to be more familiar to the West ✔

Go nuts, go crazy with that fancasting folks and which ever studio ends up with this is wholly justified in using non-Asian actors.

Oh and I'd rather see child actors aside from maybe Brock because the IP has always been tailored toward that demo.
I'm just wondering how a series of films can handle with the fact that no one ages.

Last edited:
its a Japanese Product but none of the Characters has an Asian Name in the Western Versions from the Game so if The Studio will Whitewashing this to no one can blame them because the Movie would be for western audience

It's not really unfilmable especially in this day and age. I think they can maintain the character design and color scheme, but probably not make them AS primary colored as the cartoon does. But there are creatures in real life that are that brightly colored, so hey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"