Revenge of the Fallen Devastator look is really really GOOD!!

Making some adjustements on this no, eh?!

devastator.jpg

Like taking off the hands, the mouth and the nose and it'd look like Devy anyway.
But that gorilla stupidity is an insult.

King Kong is lame, so how can DevaBay going to be any better?

Doesn't this look nicer?

Compared to this

Last edited:
Devastator looks too clean in his G1 form...
Bay-Devastator seems so much more... primal....
Don't compare the movie version with the toy though....

I think most if this hate (in general) is because Micheal Bay is the director....
If it was Nolan or even Raimi ... it would be different....

We are giving McG a change with Terminator Salvation...
Let's give Bay his...

lol!

Those are just the TOYS. Don't take them so closely as to what they'll look like in the movie.

and anyway:

r_transformers083.jpg

r_transformers082.jpg

-TNC

Can you imagine that 'thing' standing up and talking with the rest of the cons....:down

^He will obviously look better on screen than he does as a toy, i'm willing to give it a chance.

Look at this pic.

The report on Devastator's size is wrong. He's not 2 ft tall, he's not even 1 ft tall. I'm utterly disappointed. I'm gonna wait for him to go on clearance. He's not worth the 250 Singapore Dollars he'll cost when he's released here.

He'll look much better on screen and much less...like something you'd find in a nightclub. My main gribe is the same many others have. He's too short. A villain can only be taken so serious when Tom Cruise is taller.

I sure hope they'll give him proper legs when he's onscreen. That toy is taking the gorilla thing wayyyyy to far.

Here's my attempt at a size comparison with him and Optimus:

That's the fixed-legs version of Devastator.

Don't compare the movie version with the toy though....

I think most if this hate (in general) is because Micheal Bay is the director....

Let's give Bay his...

Or people just genuinely don't like design.

I had a question / comment about Devastator's voice. IF he speaks, what do you think he should sound like? I had a weird idea that since he's made up of seven different robots, that his voice could be an earily synthesis of all of the voices fading in and out and overlapping each other giving his voice a strange otherworld / multiple personality quality to it. what do you think?

im hoping he's sort of a beast less than a man. so the idea of 6/7 voices making him up would be damn cool, but id rather it be simple things like just yells growls and the occasional "DESTROOOOYYYY!!!" lol

So add some dirt:whatever::grin:

It does but like most of the Bay-formers it looks nothing like its G1 counterpart.

I seriously doubt it.

If Raimi had taken away the big white eyes or given Spide a open mouth mask, as was seen in some of the early schechs I'm sure fans would have complained just as much as they are about Bays designs.

Let's give Bay his...

The problem with that is that Bay already got his chance.

The problem with Bays designs is that he took to big of a departure from the G1 designs.

I'll be the first to admit that the G1 look would have been far to childish looking and unrealistic for "Alien Robots" but Bay just took his ideas to far.

I say an inbetween approach would have been far better.

I had a question / comment about Devastator's voice. IF he speaks, what do you think he should sound like? I had a weird idea that since he's made up of seven different robots, that his voice could be an earily synthesis of all of the voices fading in and out and overlapping each other giving his voice a strange otherworld / multiple personality quality to it. what do you think?

I do not believe that each vehicle will have a "robot mode" so it may be that there's only one personality here.

I sure hope they'll give him proper legs when he's onscreen. That toy is taking the gorilla thing wayyyyy to far.

Here's my attempt at a size comparison with him and Optimus:

That's the fixed-legs version of Devastator.

hum , probably

we know the RH400 does, and the Bulldozer has a toy anyhow... but im thinkin you might be right. IM HOPING that its a combination of vehicles not robots, cuz like the 3 part Arcee... i dont know how or why 3 minds (or 6/7 in Deva's case) would become a whole nother.

and dont tell me "they did it in G1" **** G1 aight... this is Bayformers, not ur goddamn cartoon

we know the RH400 does, and the Bulldozer has a toy anyhow... but im thinkin you might be right. IM HOPING that its a combination of vehicles not robots, cuz like the 3 part Arcee... i dont know how or why 3 minds (or 6/7 in Deva's case) would become a whole nother.

and dont tell me "they did it in G1" **** G1 aight... this is Bayformers, not ur goddamn cartoon

Not going by G1 standerds alone....the idea of a "uni-mind" or a "gestalt" personalty is not uncommon to the "Sci Fi genre.

Just look at Star Trek "BORG". Million's upon millions of minds working as one.....hive mind.

yea i get how it works in SciFi and its non oddness. i just dont personally care for the idea... IM HOPING that RH400 in a last ditch effort will merge with these other vehicles in an attempt to build himself up into this monstrosity.
(plus think of the argument someone made. what if you blow up one of Arcee's bikes... she cant be whole. just seems odd) im sure the Baymaster will make it work, just nervous

It seems everywhere i've looked, the RH400 is named Demolisher(OR)....then why does he have SCVNGR painted on his side?

I really hate how they are different colors. Devastator was not meant to look like a monstrous rainbow.

Making some adjustements on this no, eh?!

devastator.jpg

Like taking off the hands, the mouth and the nose and it'd look like Devy anyway.
But that gorilla stupidity is an insult.

King Kong is lame, so how can DevaBay going to be any better?

I personally happened to like this design of Devastator. True to his G1 roots............but we know that Bay wants his own imprint on the transformers so we have to live with these hard to look at monstrosities.

the more Devastator's design the more i like it. that render of a faithful G1 design is cool within it's own right, but if you applied that to a movie it would just be corny (no offense). with the new design they're using the parts wisely and practically. these machines use their claws to move and lift things, so it's only obvious that they'd be the hands. using a cement mixer for the head makes sense and it seems like they're using it as a weapon as well.

the thing that i keep in mind when looking at the Devastator is his name. his name is the DEVASTATOR! when you see this entity and/or it's actions your heart should skip a beat from the shock factor. he got his name and job from to destroying and wreaking havoc, so i think it's fitting that he looks like a hellish beast.

Hopefully the RH400 isn't the only one we see in robot mode. It'd be great to see all of the constructicons in robot mode, but I doubt we'll get that.

Overall, I'm not that impressed with Devestator. It's alright, but nothing great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"