Comics Did any of today's X-Men appear in the 2099 titles?

Crowley9

Sidekick
Reaction score
I picked up 2099 Manifest Destiny recently and there was what seemed to be a one-panel appearance by Wolverine. Was that really him, and has he or any other current X-character appeared in the 2099 titles? Heck, I'd be interested in villains as well!

I'll confess I didn't really read them, and I know there are far bigger 2099 fans here than me who'll come along with an answer shortly, but as far as I know, no. I recall the asgardians showed up for a 2099 crossover, but that's all I know of a 2099-Present day connection

I didn't really read them either. I do want to read the Daredevil 2099 though...:(

Wasn't it only like one book?

the 2099 line originated in the early 90s and ran for a few years. LAST year, Marvel did what is called a 5th Week event with several 2099 One Shots. I believe it was said these were not in the same world as the previous 2099 Universe, I could be wrong about that though. They were all done by Robert Kirkman, usually a great writer, but all were criticly panned, with the exception of Daredevil, I believe. DD was the only one I read and I only recall it being so-so.

think spidey was meant to hav been the most popular. x-Men was so so. A bit too much of a 'villain of the week' style of writing....and being made in the 90s, you kind of lost track of half the stories cos half of them had chapters in other 2099 books. Some intersting characters in it, none from our regular 616 timeline tho as far as i recall

mightiest_mortal said:
think spidey was meant to hav been the most popular. x-Men was so so. A bit too much of a 'villain of the week' style of writing....and being made in the 90s, you kind of lost track of half the stories cos half of them had chapters in other 2099 books. Some intersting characters in it, none from our regular 616 timeline tho as far as i recall

I really liked X-Men 2099. I thought it had good characters.

There was one issue where a villain was bringing mutants back to life. They all had a very zombie look to them. 2 of them resembled Collosus (vaguely) and Gambit. They never outright said it I dont think, but the Gambit lookalike was pretty obvious and he also refered to Collosus lookalike as "Ruskie" referencing his Russian background. He also mentioned running with the X-Men in his before life when bringing up the fact that they would be tough to beat.

Plus Spiderman 2099 is on the Exiles now which is kinda cool. I like the costume.

There was one possible link from the 616 to the 2099....It was the future version of either Nate Grey or Cable who had gone to usher in a new nation of younger mutants in the 2099-verse

Please, I didn't want to start a debate about how good the 2099 line was or whether it has any bearing to the main continuity... I was just asking for character appearances.

OutcryX said:
There was one possible link from the 616 to the 2099....It was the future version of either Nate Grey or Cable who had gone to usher in a new nation of younger mutants in the 2099-verse

Are you taking about the Net Prophet from the Spider-man 2099 book? Was that who he was suppose to be? I thought he was Justice from the "New Universe".

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"