The Dark Knight Did Gyllenhaal's performance as Rachel change your mind?

Even more pointless in TDK than she was in BATMAN BEGINS.

Sigh.

I think she was much more likable then Katie.
Sucked that she died but it had to happen.

Wasn't cheering, but her death does work best to further the story.

Then again, I didn't mind Katie so much in Begins (did her best, but with all the actors around her she became the weakest link), so I'm probably not as, ahem, biased as some of the others here. :p

I can't answer this poll, because it is not a clear enough question.
I can say yes, she changed my mind, and i wanted the Rachel Dawes character dead as soon as she appeared on the screen in TDK.
But it's not because of Katie Holmes. It was because of Maggie Gyllenhaal's face.

I don't have a real problem with Katie Holmes. I understand, no she's not a great actress. But she is easy on the eyes. And I did like her as Rachel in BB... Seeing as how Rachel & Bruce grew up together, she has the room to behave the way she did in Begins.
That kind of history with a person, they're not going to sit and tolerate the "billionare playboy antics". And after 7 years apart, they're not going to swoon hopelessly back into love. There will be some of that animosity left over from Bruce's acting out.

Maggie Gyllenhall I do not like. She might be a better actress than Katie Holmes, but that's only because she doesn't have the looks to compete, so she needs SOMETHING (like "fat chicks screw better than the super hot ones" theory... if you'll pardon the vulgarity of the metaphor)

Maggie's face, and not just her nostrils, was very distracting to me. And on a 6 story tall IMAX screen.. it looks like its going to slide right off her skull, and suffocate the first 3 rows in the audience! Her levity with the character was more like a junior high crush than a grown woman involved in a serious adult relationship, or torn between two men of prominent interest.

Her bit in the interrogation room with the Joker I felt was too cheerleaderish... She lacked the smug "I got your ass" attitude an Asst. DA is going to have when busting a 'bad ass criminal'.

No. I was happy they killed off the character, so I don't have to see Maggie Gyllenhaal ever again on a IMAX screen.
I would've been happier, and would've empathized with the death of the character more had i not been thinking "God, I hope her face doesn't land on those poor bastards in the front row..."

but that's just MHO. :)

Maggie was great, to the point I wanted to punch her face in for what she was doing to Bruce.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"