The Dark Knight Did Gyllenhaal's performance as Rachel change your mind?

Excel

O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay
Reaction score
Look, back when we thought Kate Holmes would be rachel, it was no secret that MANY here wanted

Rachel to die

While watching the film, how many were hoping

she wouldn't, while had it been Katie, you woulda been cheering or not cared.

So did Gyllenhaal's performance change the fate you wanted for Rachel?

yeah now that ya mention it...lol
if it was katie(like ya said) id prolly do a tiger woods pump fist and smile

I expected it. She was, in my opinion, a completely unnecessary character. Maggie didn't change that. So, I guess I'm glad she's dead.

-WsS?

Maggie Gyllenhaal made the character alot more likeable. I actually enjoyed Rachel in this movie. That being said, I see the need to off her to progress the story. Afterall, her death became the catalyst for Two-Face's rage.

(And I really wish Maggie would have been cast as Rachel in BB)

yeah, when I read that Maggie was the new Rachel I was happy cuz, finally! a great actress! and I think that's one of the things I dont like (in a good way, cuz the movie itself is excelent) about TDK...I mean, why does she die? I would love to see her in a third (if there's any)...

I had expected it to happen, however I thought that Maggie was a much more versatile and believable actress.

Maggie really didn't add a flair of anything to the character.Quite honestly, I had a problem thinking her as Rachel. I was expected to be blown away by her performance, but it never happened. She wasn't believable in the role

Yeah they had to kill her off. Good riddance. Maggie wasn't that good anyhow. Compared to Katie... well that's a different story.

Maggie really didn't add a flair of anything to the character.Quite honestly, I had a problem thinking her as Rachel. I was expected to be blown away by her performance, but it never happened. She wasn't believable in the role

Rachel isn't a mind-blowing character. No actress that could play her would change that.

Maggie didn't do much for me or the film in terms of an upgrade over Holmes. Her nostrils are as distracting as Katie's smirk. The only thing she might have done different from Katie is not have the theater cheer after she exploded.

Rachel was lecturing Bruce everytime he turned around, but man, on a 20 ft screen she doesn't look the great

I'm glad she died. I think her death helped make Two Face better.

Rachel isn't a mind-blowing character. No actress that could play her would change that.
Well, then that figures why they cast Maggie in the role, cuz she didn't add anything to the role at all

Maggie wasn't serious enough. Too much "he-he". Katie was someone that was a serious person.

the character wasn't annoying this time but the "love triangle" could have been written a little better

I didn't want Maggie's Rachel to die. If it had been Katie Holmes, I would have been cheering.

I felt sad when she died. You could tell Bruce was really depressed. If it would of been Katie, people probably would of been saying that this was the part they should of left out because no one cares about her. But with Mags, it makes all the difference.

No, I liked Katie just as much as Maggie, and wanted them both to die equally, because it would be the best emotional impact. I hadn't even factored in Dent, which made it 10000x better.

she was far better than katie holmes, however i've never been interested in bruce's loves and think it takes away from the true story

I too think she played the role much better. It was necessary for her to die tho

Hated Rachel in Begins, and I hated her in The Dark Knight. I don't blame Maggie Gyllenhaal for that, though ... I blame the writing. The writers, in my opinion, did NOT create a likable character. Rachel Dawes annoys me.

I'm so glad she's dead.

I felt it important to two-face's character that she died. I just wanted joker to do it in front of Dent. But oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"