The Dark Knight The Official Plot holes thread.

Yeah why didn't i think that Fox could be a codename, silly me. :p

EDIT: Oh and i do enjoy the movies, this just happened to be the 4th time i saw it and i notices some things here and there. :p

I got one!

How come when Bruce Wayne puts his white shirt on after stiching himself up there's no blood that seeps through? I mean he had to have taken off his jacket at one point while he was at work. Someone would have noticed the blood and immediatly connected it to a dog bite wound. Then they would have connected it to the Chechan or whatever because everyone knows he has dogs and therefore Bruce=Batman.

Unless he has magic blood I say plothole!

wouldn't they have to be there to know he was attacke by dogs...? You fail.

i think that would have been a fun scene to see... moroni and chechen meeting with the joker and saying... " ok.. you were right... we want your help... so where do we begin?..."
Except the Chechen and Maroni were already in Gordon's custody at that point. :oldrazz: Someone on the inside must have gotten the word to Joker, since they weren't let go (or at least we don't see either of them again) until Joker killed Loeb and the judge, and attempted to kill the Mayor. They must have called a mistrial after all that, or Maroni and the Chechen posted bail.

this thread should be called continuity errors and inconsitancies, not plot holes. The only thing that could be interpreted as a plot hole was Joker at the penthouse. The story jumps and that segment isn't explained. Though the reason for it is almost common knowledge now.
The nonexistent after-penthouse scene is NOT a plot hole, because there is nothing in the story that suggests that an extra plot point happened in a scene we didn't see. :o Therefore, there is no hole there to begin with.

The only thing I cannot fully explain after seeing TDK 4 times, is how Gordon got away with faking his death. Who knew, who helped him, etc. His most trustworthy MCU officer is Stephens, but both Stephens and Ramirez didn't seem to clued in on the plan since they had to report his death to Barbara, and both were waiting for Batman beside the signal, along with several other MCU officers. We saw Batman grieving, and Dent and the mayor obviously were surprised by Gordon's return.

I have a hard time believing Gordon could have pulled it off by himself, but how he did it isn't really all that important to the story anyway. :oldrazz:

well since I didn't see what was originally intended in that scene I have no idea so I will assume there was something vital in that scene.Maybe dent and Joker had a chat who knows ( I know impossible and stupid)

Gordon could pull off faking his death simply like this, he could have had a mortal wound that officer Stephens saw hence why he was depressed and mournful. Gordon goes to the hospital there he meets up with a select few and they have the doctor tell Stephens Gordon passed away. Convinced Gordon is dead Stephens and Ramirez tell Barbara believing it as well.

Also Batman probably wasn't in on the plan, as for Dent being surprised that is debatable, anyway Gordon would have had to have some help from some people in the department as he was assigned to drive the armored car, I am sure they would have tried to screen for goons.l

Gordon could pull off faking his death simply like this, he could have had a mortal wound that officer Stephens saw hence why he was depressed and mournful. Gordon goes to the hospital there he meets up with a select few and they have the doctor tell Stephens Gordon passed away. Convinced Gordon is dead Stephens and Ramirez tell Barbara believing it as well.

Also Batman probably wasn't in on the plan, as for Dent being surprised that is debatable, anyway Gordon would have had to have some help from some people in the department as he was assigned to drive the armored car, I am sure they would have tried to screen for goons.l
Gordon couldn't have been wounded badly, since his return took place the next night. Dent takes the Joker goon hostage right after Gordon got shot, Batman finds Dent with the goon later that night and tells him he's going to turn himself in the next day. Dent takes Batman's place the next morning, then gets moved from MCU that same night.

Gordon did probably pay somebody off to lie about it, though. :oldrazz: And yeah, one person in the MCU would have to have known about it to let him into the SWAT truck. Could have even been a clerk or somebody who wouldn't have shown up prominently in the film otherwise.

Dent didn't know. He was like, "Gordon? You do like to play things close to the chest!" when Gordon opened the door of the SWAT truck. I think all three men acted as one that time even though none of them told each other what the plan was!

yea i think Dent deffinatly didnt know about Gordon. IMO the whole reasoning behind Dents plot was because he felt it had gone too far with Gordon getting smoked.

I know its a bit late to join this thread. Better late than never.

I have two questions which bugs me.

1. During the Harvey chase scene, there were two cops driving the Harvey's vehicle. The cop (the one other than one who is driving) is NOT shooting the Joker and his men with his Gun? Why is he sitting like duck? Instead of shooting the Joker by himself, why does he call the SWAT team for backup? He didnt even try to shoot him? I am sure he had a gun with him.

2. After this chase scene, Gordon brings Harvey from the Vehicle. Then it was RAMIREZ who walked along with Harvey and sent him in one cop's car (I think Wuertz was the driver). Both Press reporters and Gordon know that it was Ramirez who sent Harvey in a car. Then why no one questions Ramirez about who the driver was in that car? Not even Gordon?

I saw this movie for about 5 times now. These two questions still bugs me.....

1. During the Harvey chase scene, there were two cops driving the Harvey's vehicle. The cop (the one other than one who is driving) is NOT shooting the Joker and his men with his Gun? Why is he sitting like duck? Instead of shooting the Joker by himself, why does he call the SWAT team for backup? He didnt even try to shoot him? I am sure he had a gun with him.

2. After this chase scene, Gordon brings Harvey from the Vehicle. Then it was RAMIREZ who walked along with Harvey and sent him in one cop's car (I think Wuertz was the driver). Both Press reporters and Gordon know that it was Ramirez who sent Harvey in a car. Then why no one questions Ramirez about who the driver was in that car? Not even Gordon?

1. A moving vehicle has a much less likely chance of being attacked than one sitting in the middle of the street. That's why they were a sitting duck. And why did they need SWAT back up? Joker was blasting them with bazookas. And he knocked one of their helicopters out of the air.

2. Gordon DID question Harvey about who picked him up. And he asked if he knew who picked up Rachel. It was in the hospital scene.

Btw, welcome to the Hype.

The Joker was shooting from the driver's side, so the SWAT guy would have to shoot over Gordon to get to them. Not a very good idea, considering he was the driver...

Gordon knew who picked up Dent. Everyone saw it was Wuertz. He didn't realize it was a bad decision until Harvey turned up missing. (Although I think Wuertz is in the interrogation room with them...talk about awkward.) Also, nobody knew who picked up Rachel, which is why he asked Dent about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"