Rogue One Diego Luna is Captain Cassian Andor in Rogue One

Just saw these...
https://twitter.com/HamillHimself/status/812141022352265218?lang=en
vKtJKTS.jpg

Diego Luna is adorable. I love how psyched he and the rest of the cast are for this.

He is a cutie! I was a bit surprised tha the didn't modify his heavy accent for the movie. But then, we have Space British accents so why not Space Mexican accents?

I'm glad they left his accent as is. It shows that the galaxy really is vast.

From the art of R1
Character/Costume study for Andor (Planet X) what would become the Ring of Kafrene asteroid station, where we first meet him.

I actually like this costume of his the best!

NMlPhst.jpg

As it apears in the film

HIwo7GJ.jpg

"Rebellions are built on hope"

After seeing the line emphasized so much with Jyn in the trailers, it really struck me when in the film you actually see it's Cassian who delivers the line first.
(to what is still a very jaded and cynical Jyn)

tumblr_oned6rxx0x1saw731o1_1280.gif

tumblr_oned6rxx0x1saw731o2_1280.gif

tumblr_oned6rxx0x1saw731o3_1280.gif

She eventually delivers the same line, to the rebel Senators...

Rebellions-are-built-on-hope.gif

It really makes it go full circle, and Cassian's later "welcome home" to her, all the more powerful.

Last edited:
This August, witness the beginning of Cassian and K-2SO's journey.

DAMx3L9WAAA_jSz.jpg:large

Looking forward to it.
As far as I see it Cassian Andor is pretty much the "Rebel Spy" of the opening crawl.
Somewhat the James Bond / license to kill / mission impossible type guy for the Rebel Alliance.
I'm curious to see how Cassian and K-2SO met, why he reprogrammed a cold sarcastic imperial assassin droid to become his "best friend"? (might be pretty sad actually!)

Maybe with all the killing, all these dark spy missions (he's been doing this since he was 6), feeling he was losing his own humanity, he had to create something more "human" than what he was becoming, in an assassin droid, the least humane thing of all.
I wonder if there has been other conflicts with some of the more ruthless tasks General Draven may have asked of him, always walking that fine line between losing himself in the face of his impossible missions.
I think Jyn and the Rogue One mission gave him a chance to get his humanity back, is why he and the others had to go no mater what.

If there is room I'd also like to see them develop a few of the team which chose to follow him and Jyn, (the 10 who feel like 100 group) Pao, Melshi and others who they name, and see how they became a team, what other missions they've done.

Last edited:
MrgRiwS.jpg

This is great news. Loved Rogue One and thought Luna did a great job in that film.
Hope it captures the same vibe as the movie. Dark, gritty, crossing the line just like Cassian was portrayed by Diego.

He can be Space Jack Bauer, doing the morally grey things for the "right reasons." Also Cassian fought in a Separatist-backed militia during The Clone Wars, so it'd be cool to see some flashbacks to that as well.

Cassian Andor's insurrectionist cell

Wow of all the characters, he's the one to get his own series.
I'm surprised, but I can also see why.

I'm riposting this here too-
Cassian Andor: Some of us, most of us, we've done terrible things on behalf of the Rebellion. We're spies. Saboteurs. Assassins.

Everything I did. I did for the Rebellion. And every time I walked away from something I wanted to forget I told myself it was for a cause that I believed in. A cause that was worth it. Without that, without a cause, we're lost. Everything we've done would have been for nothing. I couldn't face myself if I gave up now. None of us could.

Cassian Andor was a unique look at a darker side of a Rebel fighter/spy, who'd been doing it so long, following orders, killing, he'd lost his humanity (and tragically knew it), to the point where there was no turning back after all he'd done, all that was left for him (and his team), was to die completing his mission.
Interesting to see how he got there.
Also K2-SO: Ironically the cold gunmetal Imperial Assassin droid, Cassian who had lost his own humanity, reprogrammed him to be more human than himself. Like he was afraid of losing that, so made the assassin droid, human, while he became the cold killer.
love that dynamic.
What's great about also re-introducing K2-SO and how they became a duo, is there is a hint K2's programming actually survived them all, so he would have memories of all this.

Love it!
Also Cassian was the one who first said "Rebellions are built on Hope".
R1 was a great ensemble team, and character arcs, they weren't the ones who get the medals, the kiss from the princess, the recognition, glory, or any reward. Buried within a bigger war/heist epic, with a simple mission (we don't mater, and never will, all that maters is get the plans (and hope) into the right hands).

All culled from one line in the classic crawl about Rebel Spies.
Plus of all of the Rogues, he really was "the Rebel Spy" of the opening crawl.

They should actually just call this series Star Wars: "Rebel Spy"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"