Rogue One Diego Luna is Captain Cassian Andor in Rogue One

Star Wars UK - Rogue One: A Star Wars Story – Living In Star Wars

I reckon Cassian stole the show IMO. So much better than Poe if I'm going to be honest

Interesting character to be sure, and I'd love to see more stories of his past missions, but I didn't think it was cast very well for who he ended up being.

I reckon Cassian stole the show IMO. So much better than Poe if I'm going to be honest

It's hard to compare the two. Poe is much more charismatic, whereas Cassian is the more dark and mysterious type.

Upon first viewing, I was... not a fan of this character/actor.

Thought he did a great job with the material given to his character. Definitely was interesting throughout the film. I started off not liking the character but then ended up loving him

I thought he was a far more interesting character than Poe. He was much more dynamic and grabbed my attention much more than Poe did. Then again, Poe didn't really get to do much and didn't have much screen time in TFA.

What's that mean?

Just, his physical look to me doesn't match the somewhat ruthless demeanor of the character. Maybe that's just also a perception of me having seen him and how smiley and whatnot that he is in interviews. Dunno.

Like I think I would have been fine with him as Bohdi (though Riz was good there too - and I wish we'd gotten more of Bohdi).

All that being said... Cassian and K2 Netflix show please. I think that would be really fun.

Last edited:
Cassian was a big surprise for me. Figured he might be boring but I ended up really liking his character.

Cassian was an instant favorite for me. I'd love to see comics or novels about his backstory, and adventures with Kaytoo.

Andor is the most realistic acting character in the SW films to date in my opinion. Working in the grey areas he demonstrated how it would really be to be a member of the rebellion. Sometimes you had to do bad things for the greater good and you could tell he was a good man placed in a difficult situation.

I liked him, but I wanted to know more about it. We didn't get enough time.

Cassian and K2 Netflix show please. I think that would be really fun.
You suggested that in the General R1 thread, might as well reply here too:

I'm with you!
Cassian Andor was the hardest character to like, and biggest surprise for me, everyone else although interesting, was closer to traditional easy to digest "hero", this guy made it hard, but it's his need to see it through with Jyn to the "ugly" end that pays off, and makes it beautiful.:oldrazz:.
Again when he takes out the jittery Rebel who is about to lose it, ....... it got very real!
This was not going to be a black and white world, or character.
Then on Jedah when he shot the guys blowing the Imperial tank scavenging the Kyber Crystals, I thought screw this guy.
When Jyn breaks him down, compares him to a storm trooper blindly taking orders doing his job, I was with her.
Then on second viewing, only then did I see the guy he shot was tossing a grenade that would have killed Jyn, she has no idea of this.
If he didn't "do his job" she'd be dead, ... he's been doing this since he was six?!
And it only escalates from there, as the bond between them grows, she actually uses his words, "Rebellions are built on hope", which she had looked on cynically, until it's all they have.
His final "welcome home" to her had me.
Chirrut was easy to love, Cassian was again, probably the most gray area complicated character, and is what really won me over to this film.

If Netflix picked up a miniseries telling further tales of Andor and K2, I'd be all over it!

Be it further prequel stories in Novel form, Comics, or yeah a Netfix mini series, I'd love to see more Andor and K2, how he found, reprogrammed K2, how and why a cold sarcastic imperial assassin droid becomes his "best friend":oldrazz:
Although somewhat darker, he is set up as a bit of the James Bond (licences to kill) intelligence officer / rebel spy of the Star Wars universe.
That's exactly how they could play a mini-series or on-going stories: Rebel command sending him out on different secret missions.
Maybe set up a conflict between his superiors Mon Mothma, and the more ruthless tactics of General Draven, and Cassian has to walk a fine line between them, trying to keep his humanity.

From the R1 Novelization;
26 years old, full name "Cassian Jeron Andor," born on Fest.
Keeps a suicide pill in his jacket

Last edited:
Some fans seem to feel that Cassian and Han might have crossed paths at some point. I could see that, as they both know their way around the darker corners of the galaxy.

Agree that a comic book series about Cassian and K2 would be awesome!

God, I couldnt stand him. He was the most unlikeable hero in the franchise

God, I couldnt stand him. He was the most unlikeable hero in the franchise

Was that dislike towards the character, the actor or the performance or a combo of them? Just curious. He didn't rub me the right way either, but the character is intriguing, and like Mondragon said, a Netflix mini series with some backstory on his and K2s dirty deeds as rebel intelligence could be interesting.

I'd imagine they could play off some underworld elements as well... his introduction scene kinda worked that way to me a little. Maybe bring in some of the ideas for the scrapped series they had going --- or do a mini series to act as a seque to a non-rebel based series.

Was that dislike towards the character, the actor or the performance or a combo of them? Just curious. He didn't rub me the right way either, but the character is intriguing, and like Mondragon said, a Netflix mini series with some backstory on his and K2s dirty deeds as rebel intelligence could be interesting.

I'd imagine they could play off some underworld elements as well... his introduction scene kinda worked that way to me a little. Maybe bring in some of the ideas for the scrapped series they had going --- or do a mini series to act as a seque to a non-rebel based series.
I thought the actor did fine. It was definitely the character. At first I thought he was meant to be a villian when he was introduced but even after it was revealed he was on the Rebellion side, he still managed to be an a-hole and was never really redeemed for me. Poe Dameron he was not

Last edited:
I didn't hate him like some people here but he definitely would have been improved had his backstory about why he chose the Rebellion gone deeper than those few lines he gave.

I think all the characters would have benefited from some more meat on their bones but in the end it wasn't as big a factor in how I viewed the film on balance.

I rather liked Andor and how they introduced him. Indeed as others pointed out, he was the first taste of how the film would go on to add some moral texture to the SW universe, concerning the way the Alliance operates at least during this period. I think he actually was the character that needed the least amount of backstory given what was revealed about him.

I thought the character and Luna's performance were absolutely fantastic. :yay:
He really felt like a real person from a real world to me. Not some instantly likeable sympathetic nice guy, but really a complicated person, a spy, even a thug. Something quite different from those fairy-tale like main Star Wars characters and protagonists like Luke or Rey. (Which is not bad, the reason we love SW is this fairy-tale quality, but R1 was able to show as the SW universe from somewhat different angle than the saga.) Really loved Cassian.

He really felt like a real person from a real world to me. Not some instantly likeable sympathetic nice guy, but really a complicated person, a spy, even a thug. Something quite different from those fairy-tale like main Star Wars characters and protagonists like Luke or Rey. (Which is not bad, the reason we love SW is this fairy-tale quality, but R1 was able to show as the SW universe from somewhat different angle than the saga.) Really loved Cassian.

Agree with all of this completely.

This. I loved the grey with him. And he was easy on the eyes of course. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"