Rogue One Riz Ahmed is Bodhi Rook in Rogue One

Breogan

My other Avi is Gaucho Mickey
Reaction score
VATJVQY.jpg

Sources tell Variety that “Nightcrawler” actor Riz Ahmed is the top choice for the male lead in the “Star Wars” anthology film “Rogue One.”

http://variety.com/t/riz-ahmed/

riz-ahmed.jpg

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/rogue-one-riz-ahmed-star-wars-1201477804/

Little to go by without names and descriptions, but going by the one image it certainly looks like Riz Ahmed might be the hacker/ tec. download guy, securing and inevitably transmitting the Death Star plans to Leia.

Not sure if they actually infiltrate the Death Star, Or some Imperial Base/ HQ/ Ship yards?, but is he wearing a uniform and Imperial looking logo on his arm?

Last edited:
[YT]qaAbMqZ-9uk[/YT]

He's wearing a "Radar Technicians" uniform (ala Matt), albeit dirty, real dirty. Grey jumpsuit with Orange tool vest... Yep.

Spotting Riz from those leaked set photos ...

2B3A88DD00000578-3191342-A_whole_new_world_Production_on_Star_Wars_Episode_VII_The_Force_-a-34_1439172595401.jpg

Bottom right?
Is that him (actually two of him actor and double)?
Check out the gizmo on his back. From the cast pic, they seem to be establishing him as the tech/hacker guy who may actually download and inevitably transmit the DS plans.
What do you think, is that him looking like a big turtle, carrying his hacker-gear?
FLc6T67.jpg

gQM9ZNM.jpg

Also the same pack can be seen here two of them leaning against the orange "crates" on the other side of the set...
4af991773a6b5f9b6bbe1c81c0ec2432565f33398136893e1168d5761beefb5a.jpg

(along with other Rogue gear - Duplicates of Yen's staff, Wen's unique amo-feed-gun, and Luna's (or other Rebel's) blasters.)

Last edited:
Everyone else's thread got a bump.
Did anyone catch him in the trailer?

Edit: wrong thread.

Last edited:
71katIy.jpg

xz9IlOl.jpg

phkUWb3.jpg

Riz Ahmed plays Bodhi a rebel soldier

Last edited:
VATJVQY.jpg

Not sure if they actually infiltrate the Death Star, Or some Imperial Base/ HQ/ Ship yards?, but is he wearing a uniform and Imperial looking logo on his arm?
He's wearing a "Radar Technicians" uniform (ala Matt), albeit dirty, real dirty. Grey jumpsuit with Orange tool vest... Yep.

Ah, I wasn't sure what you were referring to, you mean these guys?
b3dyuzP.png

dgYs1br.jpg

That definitely seems like it could be a variation of the uniform he is wearing, minus the vest.
And on the opposite shoulder we can now more clearly see he wears the imperial logo.
ukh1tz1.jpg

Probably (with Erso and Andor) he uses the uniform to infiltrate the base. And disguised as a technician may be (as suspected) the one to actually download and/or transmit the plans.
His apparent absence in the first trailer may indicate not his lack of role, but his scenes reveal to much on how things play out.

Also rumor going around his full name is 'Bodhi Rook' which sounds cool!

Last edited:
,,,rumor going around his full name is 'Bodhi Rook' which sounds cool!

'Bodhi Rook' confirmed: Can a mod update his name?

Riz Ahmed’s Bodhi Rook is the lead pilot of the group, described as “hot-headed” by Lucasfilm.

Lead pilot and hot-headed!
:woot:
864531289888000.jpg

46884561311400000.jpg

Last edited:
One of the more surprising character reveals at Celebration was Riz Ahmed describing Bodhi Rook, who like Chirrut and Baze is also a native of the occupied planet.
The twist however is the Imperial uniform he is wearing isn't a disguise, he revealed he actually works for the Empire.
It's how he makes a living.

Which is an interesting twist, there was hints of this in the deleted Biggs scenes, who described jumping ship and joining the Rebels, and now Fin, it should be interesting to see how his joining the Rebels plays out.

It was funny as he described it as how people might work for a big "organization" that they don’t necessarily agree with everything they do, and he's kind of questioning things.
Then you can here Kathleen Kennedy cracking up .:funny::woot:

Last edited:
. ;) :cwink:

One of the inhabitants of this occupied territory is Bodhi Rook .... who was conscripted to serve as a pilot for the Empire but defects to join the growing Rebellion.

“He tends to be a little tense, a little volatile, but everybody in the group really relies on his technical skills.”

That sprocket gear is actually symbolic. Bodhi is just a cog in the Imperial machine. He isn’t an ace dogfighter who knocked Rebel rivals out of the stratosphere, he’s just a pilot who kept Palpatine’s forces supplied.

“Bodhi is a cargo pilot. In our world, Bodhi would be a truck driver. A long-distance truck driver,” Ahmed says.
Interesting.

Last edited:
I liked the character but hated those dang goggles! He kept them on almost the whole movie, and when he took them off he put them right back on again.

Just sayin'...

I became a fan of his watching HBO's series The Night of. It's a shame he didn't get much to do in Rogue One.

I wanted some more of him. Wonder what was left on the cutting room floor.

I wish he would've had more scenes. I really like Riz, especially in Nightcrawler and The Night Off. I was bummed he didn't get in more of the action.

I was pretty stoked to see him get this part after Nightcrawler, and while I wish he could have had more screentime, I really liked what we got, especially his final scenes in the last battle. One thing that could have helped, they could have really established some more of his fear earlier on, to make his last act heroics more poignant.

I agree with others on here, it seemed he didn't get a lot to do in this one. Really liked him in Nightcrawler and he was solid in Jason Bourne.

Yeah, they should have used him more, considering his character is the one who got the whole ball rolling in the first place.

Maybe there will be a deleted scene where he and Galen talk before he defects? I'd love that.

If you guys like riz Ahmed you should check out four lions. A modern cult comedy classic which he stars in.

While I liked him in the parts he did have, he would have been better had they given a backstory as to why he defected.

While I liked him in the parts he did have, he would have been better had they given a backstory as to why he defected.

I don't think he needed a deep back-story as they gave enough information to infer why bodhi would of defected. Bodhi was a jedha born imperial cargo pilot who probably started questioning what he was doing working for the empire when they were occupying his home planet and desecrating holy sites. Galen saw bodhi was conflicted and convinced him to do some good by delivering a message to saw on jedha.

It didn't really need to be any more detailed or complex than that.

I don't think he needed a deep back-story as they gave enough information to infer why bodhi would of defected. Bodhi was a jedha born imperial cargo pilot who probably started questioning what he was doing working for the empire when they were occupying his home planet and desecrating holy sites. Galen saw bodhi was conflicted and convinced him to do some good by delivering a message to saw on jedha.

It didn't really need to be any more detailed or complex than that.
But did they say he was from Jedha in the film? I don't recall them doing so. If they did, it must have been a quick line or two that I missed. They could easily have done a flashback to him talking with Galen to get why he defected. It would have been much clearer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"