Dijimon may have just signed for Black Panther...trilogy!!!

Frico

The Man Without Fear
Reaction score
I've been hearing alot about the Marvel films recently, which is ****ing awesome and all. But nothing about the direction of the BP film which I want to see so damn badly. I think it'd be great to see on screen, and I know Avi Arad talked about it happening.

Anyone know, please help a brotha out. :( :)

Nothing official yet; as you can tell I have more than a passing interest. It's on the slate, that's all.

Luke_Cage said:
I've been hearing alot about the Marvel films recently, which is ****ing awesome and all. But nothing about the direction of the BP film which I want to see so damn badly. I think it'd be great to see on screen, and I know Avi Arad talked about it happening.

Anyone know, please help a brotha out. :( :)

Black Panther is one of the 13 films Marvel is developing on their own and one of the 10 to be distributed by Paramount.

I don't think we'll see the film lift off until atleast 2010.

As Long As They Do It Right, I Don't Mind Waiting.

Chris Wallace said:
As Long As They Do It Right, I Don't Mind Waiting.

Agreed. I like the fact that they're doing the same thing with the Captain America film, it's a smart move.

With a writer like Self and the director Arad has in mind, I doubt that'll happen again. If the director is a good choice that is, and they use all that time to their advantage. They should focus on the primary basis of the character, not the casting or villains just yet.

Yo, I also agree with Batman, that was very well said. Usually there are directors who go instantly with that process and **** everything up while doing so. Bats, got it right.

BTW guys, Michael J. White for BP. :)

I actually believe Djimon Hounsou is the ideal choice for Black Panther, he in my opinion would be the absolute choice for the role. Only problem would be that with the direction and time the film is heading toward to, when the casting process would arrive he'd be a bit old.

BP and Cap have serious potential.

Isaiah Washington for BP!

White & Washington Are Big Maybe's. Depends On How They'd Do W/the Accent. White's Got A Really Deep Voice So He Might Be Able To Carry It.

http://www.superheroflix.com/news/87/26987.php

Source: IESB.net, BlackFilm.com

Monday, March 3rd, 2008
While at the Never Back Down junket, Djimon Hounsou revealed that he has signed to star in his "dream project" - a comic book trilogy. The only catch, according to the report from IESB is that Hounsou wouldn't reveal which one.

The immediate suspicion is that Hounsou will be playing the role of Marvel's Black Panther. A little over a year ago, Kevin Feige, president of production for Marvel Studios said here that a Black Panther film was in development. Additionally, back in July, John Singleton told BlackFilm.com that he had been approached about working on Black Panther. Additionally, Tim Story, who served as the director for Fantastic Four: Rise of The Silver Surfer has gone on record as saying that Hounsou would be his choice to play the Wakandan king.

A Black Panther film would also fit nicely in with Marvel's Avengers film, which may be directed by Jon Favreau, who is almost ready to unveil Iron Man.

Of course, despite all the seeming evidence, it is entirely possible that Hounsou is talking about an entirely different project. Marvel has long spoken about a Luke Cage film, and Hounsou might be up for that role - though it is difficult imagining the heavily-accented Hounsou in the role of New York City native Luke Cage.

Another possibility is that Hounsou isn't talking about a superhero film at all. The French-raised Hounsou could also be talking about the Tintin trilogy to be directed, in part, by Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson.

Stay tuned to MovieWeb and SuperheroFlix for more information about Hounsou's comic book project as it is revealed!
l

What else could it be??? Brother Voodoo? LOL

A lot of people are saying it's that Tintin trilogy, whatever the hell that is.

He'd be a great Black Panther. However, the only thing I've heard about the Panther was the FF3 stuff. If Marvel plans to add it to their slate, wouldn't we have heard by now? How can you announce a lead for a film without even a script in place?

A lot of people are saying it's that Tintin trilogy, whatever the hell that is.

He'd be a great Black Panther. However, the only thing I've heard about the Panther was the FF3 stuff. If Marvel plans to add it to their slate, wouldn't we have heard by now? How can you announce a lead for a film without even a script in place?

Yeah we did hear it when the slate was initially announced Black Panther was on it and Snipes was considered for the role. It's always been on the slate since it was put together a couple years back.

Also Tintin doesn't seem like a "dream" project to me even with Spielberg involved. Black Panther on the other hand would be sorta personal to him.

He expressed a lot of interest in the Doc Midnite, Constantine spin-off, but I doubt Midnite would be a trilogy.

I really hope its Black Panther only because Honsou would make a great BP, I see no real for potential for interesting storylines.

I think this news leans towards Tintin. Remember, Honsou starred in Spielberg's Amistad.
It makes more sense that Spielberg is just using an actor he's liked working with before.

The question: Is Tintin a dream project for this actor or would Black Panther be a dream project. Considering the character Black Panther and what he's all about I'd lean towards that. Would he have a lead role in Tintin or Black Panther? Hmmm. :)

The question: Is Tintin a dream project for this actor or would Black Panther be a dream project. Considering the character Black Panther and what he's all about I'd lean towards that. Would he have a lead role in Tintin or Black Panther? Hmmm. :)

Dijimon is from France and Tintin is popular over in Europe so I´m hoping he´ll be involved in Tintin.

As much as I like the Black Panther and the Marvel Universe in general, I'd have to go with Tintin as the "dream project". The oppurtunity to work on a mega-budget trilogy with Spielberg and Peter Jackson? Thats a no-brainer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"