Peyton Reed to direct, Adam McKay to rewrite Ant-man

samsnee

Ok
Reaction score
I bet they'll eventually move the release date. As long as this fixes the Pym problem, I'm good with it.

Doesn't sound like it based on the description.

LOL, and here we go. But I did say that Reed's visual style would probably be pretty close to what Wright would've done.

This doesn't sit well with me. Obviously Marvel just seems to be looking at comedic directors with a visual flair. But Wright was the best one out of all those directors. If they think they can just substitute and pretend like that's going to completely work then they're plan is pretty flawed for now.

Peyton Reed had a great pitch for a 60s' Fantastic Four film back in the day. I'm interested to see what he brings to Ant-Man.

I'm glad Adam McKay isn't directeing. McKay's films aren't bad but they do sometimes feel disjointed because you can tell they just edited together a bunch of ad-libbed comedy scenes and treated the plot as a after thought.

Well I think this is good news. Hopefully it stays on track and comes out good. Although this is looking more and more like it could be Marvel's first flop

I cant complain because I have no way of knowing what the film will actually be like. Im not a longtime fan of Reed (or Ant Man for that matter) but if Marvel hired him they must be confident he can make a good film.

Until I see a clip from the film, Ill reserve judgement. I think thats only fair. Im coming to this one with completely fresh eyes like GOTG.

This doesn't sit well with me. Obviously Marvel just seems to be looking at comedic directors with a visual flair. But Wright was the best one out of all those directors. If they think they can just substitute and pretend like that's going to completely work then they're plan is pretty flawed for now.

What is Peyton Reed's visual flair? I'm curious because I'm not familiar with him.

I like rooting for the under-dog, so good luck to them.

I feel like Marvel went for Reed for the same reason they got Joe Johnson for The First Avenger; familiarity evoking the film's time period.

Go watch Down With Love, a 60's set and stylized rom-com. I think if Reed brings that approach to Ant-Man, he could actually end up being a great choice.

So is Ant-Man gonna be a comedy? I've never read an ant- man solo book but he's been in a lot of books I've read. He's always seemed like a guy who had a small man inferiority complex and always looking to redeem himself. Whatever this is doesn't really feel like him but I'll wait for some footage to make a final judgement.

If Marvel and Reed hold onto Bill Pope then I think the visuals will be fine. Pope worked with Edgar on his previous two movies and has already been working on Ant-Man for months plus his experience as cinematographer on the Matrix films and Raimi Spider-Man films would be helpful for a guy like Payton Reed who doesn't have as much experience with these types of films.

So is Ant-Man gonna be a comedy? I've never read an ant- man solo book but he's been in a lot of books I've read. He's always seemed like a guy who had a small man inferiority complex and always looking to redeem himself. Whatever this is doesn't really feel like him but I'll wait for some footage to make a final judgement.
I take it you mean Hank Pym the first Ant-Man and not Scott Lang the second Ant-Man?

While Hank Pym has had a inferiority complex he isn't always the serious character people make him out to be. Like any character who has been around for 50 years there are light hearted moments as well as the darker more serious ones.
I feel like Marvel went for Reed for the same reason they got Joe Johnson for The First Avenger; familiarity evoking the film's time period.

Go watch Down With Love, a 60's set and stylized rom-com. I think if Reed brings that approach to Ant-Man, he could actually end up being a great choice.
The 60's setting was only going to be in the prologue in Edgar's movie but perhaps that might change with Reed aboard.

It sounds like Ant Man could be the most comedic film out of the MCU so far. Im completely cool with a humorous super hero movie. I love to laugh and have fun at movies as opposed to feeling like I just went to a funeral.

Interested to hear who will be the DP on it! They need someone with pizazz.

I'm giving Marvel the benefit of the doubt because the last MCU film featuring comedy directors turned out very well.

It happened to be these guys:

russobros.jpg

Wooo! I'm glad we have a director. I knew the marvel gods would give me something on my birthday.

I don't know much about Reed other than his directing Yes Man, but I'll be rooting for him. Hope it turns out well.

Also, for the folks who jumped on all the negetive news, Adam McKay is working on the script. So the talks must not have been all bad.

He directed a film called YES MAN. Aha so appropriate.

Another lackey for Marvel. These guys run a studio like Hollywood did 50 years ago. Crazy.

I'm giving Marvel the benefit of the doubt because the last MCU film featuring comedy directors turned out very well.

russobros.jpg

Thanks to The Russos and Marvel for giving the fans such a great Cap film!

russobros.jpg

Very good point, from the outside he may not be the first name that comes to mind but neither were the Russo's. Hopefully Reed can bring some magic to this property like they did.

Just to be a little negative (lol) I did actually like the Russo's past work a lot (A LOT) more than Reed's. Plus, the Russo's technically had some experience with action (the paintball episodes), where Reed does not (to my knowledge). But once again, hopefully this works out.

http://otlnews.wordpress.com/2014/06/07/peyton-reed-locked-in-for-marvels-ant-man-finally/

Pope is gone too.

Is that confirmed?

Sucks if its true.

I wonder if Reed can get his Down With Love cinematographer Jeff Cronenweth.

I love Jeff Cronenweth work with David Fincher

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"