🇺🇲 Discussion: Congress, The Senate, The House of Representatives - Part I

US News
I strongly suspect Hogan's anti-abortion stance is going to be a bigger issue than it would have been before.
I think the question comes down to if people will buy Hogan's newly found "choice" on abortion. Whether they do or not, the point is that if you've got maybe 9 states where Dems are vulnerable (one of those in WV is going to be lost) and 1 (or maybe two) where repubs are (less) vulnerable, who has senate control? In these situations, odds tend to work against you. It's possible that this could be a blue election where, as November rolls around, people just vote for Dems, but, as a recovering statistician, i hate playing against the odds. I freely admit, things could lean decidedly to the Dems, but it doesn't look promising to me.

Remember, things were looking at a "red wave" in 2022. Didn't quite turn out how pollsters were thinking. And we continue to see little small miracles. I mean, I'm not super confident in holding the Senate, but I think Hogan's issue with abortion is going to really, really sink him.

Remember, things were looking at a "red wave" in 2022. Didn't quite turn out how pollsters were thinking. And we continue to see little small miracles. I mean, I'm not super confident in holding the Senate, but I think Hogan's issue with abortion is going to really, really sink him.
Girl, I hope you're right......and it may be so, but taking OH, MT, NV, AZ, MI, PA, MD,....even WI scares me a little bit....

The first 3 are REALLY hold your breath races. Things have to fall just right to maintain senate control, but if that happens, everything else is a done deal.

That doesn't mean things are going to be hunky dory with the Dems in control, but I think inroads can be made with voting rights, choice, immigration, affordable education (inc debt relief), etc.

Uh.....I'm married to a Jewish person, but I don't only not love Nazis, I flat out don't like them and won't associate with them.

Pretty much all Republicans voted this down last time it was tried.

I'm sure they will again, too. :(

Probably keeping the issue in the public eye.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"