Discussion: LGBTQ+ Rights XVI - Part 6

I just don't trust this guy. His super religious tweets, how he said that blue collar white guys are underrepresented in Hollywood, his donations to an anti-LGBTQ church, the possibility that he actually did vote for Trump.

Maybe he was cool once, but it seems like he's falling further down that rabbit hole of being an old school, obnoxious Christian.

Liberals can find themselves in the same position. Do you support Bill Clinton, who treats women on a personal level worse than any Republican president except Donald Trump? Even in Canada, the gods of liberalism, Pierre Trudeau and his son Justin, pretty much view women the same as Clinton and Trump do on a personal level. Their commitment to feminism stops at the tips of their wangs basically. Yet liberal progressives still support them, ignoring the parts they don't like.

What did Justin do that was so wrong to women? I know about that one accusation and how its already been dealt with, but I haven't heard anything else. I highly doubt the guy is on the same level as Trump.

Trudeau's one accusation is not nearly the same as Trump's 16 accusations. I don't know where you're getting it from that Justin is as bad as Trump.

Last edited:
What did Justin do that was so wrong to women? I know about that one accusation and how its already been dealt with, but I haven't heard anything else. I highly doubt the guy is on the same level as Trump.

That accusation has not been dealt with. The woman involved just doesn't want to pursue it because it would otherwise define her career as a journalist. The accusations against Trudeau are more than credible, and would by Justin's own standards result in someone having to resign. His defense against the accusations is the most fake mealy-mouthed crap I've heard in my life.

If it talks like a *****e and walks like a *****e, it's a *****e. I'm old enough to know how another guy thinks about women, especially when he ends up marrying a pretty girl who's the dumbest wife of a Liberal leader since Justin's mom.

That accusation has not been dealt with. The woman involved just doesn't want to pursue it because it would otherwise define her career as a journalist. The accusations against Trudeau are more than credible, and would by Justin's own standards result in someone having to resign. His defense against the accusations is the most fake mealy-mouthed crap I've heard in my life.

If it talks like a *****e and walks like a *****e, it's a *****e. I'm old enough to know how another guy thinks about women, especially when he ends up marrying a pretty girl who's the dumbest wife of a Liberal leader since Justin's mom.

Wow. I'm actually pretty disappointed in your response. Not necessarily about Trudeau and the allegation, but referring to his wife and his mom as dumb. Come on, that's super unnecessary.

Last edited:
Wow. I'm actually pretty disappointed in your response. Not necessarily about Trudeau and the allegation, but referring to his wife and his mom as dumb. Come on, that's super unnecessary.

Fine, maybe I went too far there, but for me, guys with power who seem to zone in on dumb but beautiful women reveal something about their own character.

Sophie Trudeau is dumb? I don't know where you're getting your opinions from, but I have to disagree with you there as well. I suppose we should just let it die as this isn't the thread for it.

That's tough. To be honest, I know from personal experience, if you're a practising Christian, there is no shortage of options out there if you disagree fundamentally with the political stance of the church you're in. If you disagree. The thing is, Chris has never said anything or done anything against gays. This is kind of like the Liam Neeson thing in a way.

There are people that do go to the same church, disagree with the pastor on certain issues but don’t leave for some reason. That’s probably why Pratt remains a member.

I feel it’s disingenuous for Ellen Page to attack Pratt for that. He has not supported any anti LGBTQ causes or alienated any gay coworkers on set. He just seems like the guy who doesn’t butt into people’s personal lives or tell them how to live their life.

But Page isn’t wrong either. I feel she needs to focus her activism towards people like Pat Robertson and Falwell Jr. rather than her peers.

But Page isn’t wrong either. I feel she needs to focus her activism towards people like Pat Robertson and Falwell Jr. rather than her peers.

I think the opposite. Chris Pratt is obviously very very Christian and he likely has fans that don't like gays. If he makes public statements about accepting people and loving them, maybe that will influence his fan base to do the same. Pat Robertson and Falwell Jr will never change and hopefully they'll be dead soon. If Pratt is truly a decent Christian like he makes himself out to be, then he should be the face of Christianity and present a more inclusive front.

I'm just wary of Pratt because it sounds like he did vote for Trump.

I think the opposite. Chris Pratt is obviously very very Christian and he likely has fans that don't like gays. If he makes public statements about accepting people and loving them, maybe that will influence his fan base to do the same.

I wish he would do that too.

The thing about social media is that it’s such a double edged sword. I wish Page and Pratt would sit down on camera and really have a face to face discussion about it rather than getting into social media feuds on Twitter and Instagram.

I wish he would do that too.

The thing about social media is that it’s such a double edged sword. I wish Page and Pratt would sit down on camera and really have a face to face discussion about it rather than getting into social media feuds on Twitter and Instagram.

So they can pretend-get along and everyone can act like agreeing with each other is more important than the issues being discussed? We have enough of that today... people valuing compliance over everything else.

These issues deserve to be aired out. It's obviously not going to change Chris Pratt's mind... but these arguments must be made, IMO.

Christians, in particular, need to be held accountable. There's a lot of cognitive dissonance going on in that community... and we'll have to be courageous enough to start arguments and be disliked if that's ever going to change.

Arguments don't need to be a bad thing IMO. If we're going to save people, we might have to get comfortable with no longer being their friends.

I'm not sure Page is too willing to pretend to be cordial about the issue. I don't think you can understand the effects Gaycation has had on her. Her Brazil trip was chilling.

Hmm, wow.. I'll have to take a look at that.

I'm just saying... you know how this stuff goes. "Well, let's get together, and we'll come to an understanding." If they got together on camera, I imagine they'd try to find common ground. That's what the viewing audience wants to see.

But I don't think coming to an understanding is what we need now on this issue. Like, when it comes to religious doctrine.. there's no middle ground. Nothing short of the religious community chopping out Leviticus will really do.

I mean.. we have to come to terms with the reality. The Bible is sexist. The Quran is sexist. The book of Mormon is sexist. If you belong to these churches... you have to admit that they are dated, and there are parts that preach racism, sexism, and hate. It just is the way it is.

I'm not sure Page is too willing to pretend to be cordial about the issue. I don't think you can understand the effects Gaycation has had on her. Her Brazil trip was chilling.

I’ve seen quite a few of her Gaycation episodes, and the Jamaica one was even more chilling than her Brazil excursion. (Like the homophobic reggae music scene and how secretive HIV test clinics are.)

I really admire Page for her activism and she wouldn’t pull any punches if she talked to Pratt in person. She doesn’t sugarcoat anything.

Yep. Some of those episodes are absolutely chilling and she is done with BS'ing.

I think it would be amusing if she confronted Pratt similarly like she did Ted Cruz that one time.

I feel it’s disingenuous for Ellen Page to attack Pratt for that. He has not supported any anti LGBTQ causes or alienated any gay coworkers on set.

She seem literally wanting guilt by association; some associations are chosen ... but they don't necessarily mean endorsement, let alone of every action by an organization.

With us or against us isn't necessarily a great tactic but it's hard to think of a better one, it's probably better than just ignoring questionable voluntary associations.

Edit: If she confronted Pratt privately or publicly he'd probably just say that his specific beliefs are private and/or that everyone has a right to their own opinions.

Last edited:
She confronted a man who freely admitted to killing multiple gay people. Yeah, she has reasons for her views about being intolerant of intolerance.

She seem literally wanting guilt by association; some associations are chosen ... but they don't necessarily mean endorsement, let alone of every action by an organization.

With us or against us isn't necessarily a great tactic but it's hard to think of a better one, it's probably better than just ignoring questionable voluntary associations.

Edit: If she confronted Pratt privately or publicly he'd probably just say that his specific beliefs are private and/or that everyone has a right to their own opinions.
When you associate with bigots, you are associating with bigots. Saying ones beliefs are private, especially when you decide to "spread the word" on national television is also clearly BS.

Not to be one dissuaded from not being passed three times in a row, Tennessee:

‘Tennessee Natural Marriage Defense Act’ seeks to strip gay marriage rights

The “Tennessee Natural Marriage Defense Act,” which was first proposed in 2016, seeks to “defend natural marriage between one man and one woman regardless of any court decision to the contrary.” The bill, which was reintroduced on Friday, would deem the Supreme Court’s decision in Obergefell v. Hodges “unauthoritative, void, and of no effect.”

Sanders said there are at least five other bills in the state legislature that may threaten the rights of LGBTQ people in Tennessee. One of them, introduced in the state House and Senate (Pody is the sponsor of the Senate bill), seeks to allow private adoption agencies to decline to participate in any child placement services that would “violate the agency’s written religious or moral convictions.” This type of legislation, which can already be found in 10 states, creates barriers for LGBTQ individuals and same-sex couples looking to adopt or foster children.

Nuke the state and be done with it.

Usually we are always late to the party but not this time. It seems like we (Germany) are moving towards outlawing stuff like conversion therapy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"