Discussion: LGBTQ+ Rights XVI - Part 6

Ehhh I don’t really believe in hunting for **** on people. He’s allowed to attend whatever church he wants and doesn’t really owe anyone else an explanation.

Ehhh I don’t really believe in hunting for **** on people. He’s allowed to attend whatever church he wants and doesn’t really owe anyone else an explanation.

You would say though that he donates to a church that endorses conversion therapy is disappointing and diminishes how you view him though, yeah?

Not that you want him fired, just think lesser.

A few years ago it seem everybody loved Chris Pratt. But the more he opens his mouth, the more he is dislike.
I never liked him, I always thought he was a jerk.

Well Pratt has also worked with Jews For Jesus that tries to proselytize Jews into accepting Jesus as the Messsiah, basically converting them to Christianity, as the so-called Jews For Jesus are not recognized as a legitimate sect of Judaism by other Jews.

If its brought up on national TV in front of millions in a positive light, Page is right to call it out. She isn't just randomly picking on Pratt.

A few years ago it seem everybody loved Chris Pratt. But the more he opens his mouth, the more he is dislike.
I never liked him, I always thought he was a jerk.
I use to love Pratt. But yeah, not so much these days. The more he talks, the worse you realize he is. I did not realize he donated to such a church. Ellen Page pointing that out is more then fair game. It is no different then pointing out people being Scientologist.

Also Ellen Page getting herself some after Colbert the last week has been great to see.

Also Ellen Page getting herself some after Colbert the last week has been great to see.

What's been going on the past week? I just know of the kick butt interview she gave about the dangers lgbtq people have been put in worldwide.

Ellen Page called out Mike Pence and his anti-LGTBQ and everyone else not conservative straight agenda. She got truly emotional about how vile his views are. Trump is bad but Pence would be worse if you weren't a straight white conservative christian.

Ellen Page called out Mike Pence and his anti-LGTBQ and everyone else not conservative straight agenda. She got truly emotional about how vile his views are. Trump is bad but Pence would be worse if you weren't a straight white conservative christian.
Male. Don't forget that important part.

Who cares what religion or church someone goes to? Whether it was portryed as positive on tv or not still isnt her place to shame him for his beliefs. Its ok to disagree or have different beliefs from someone else. I support LGBT and could careless if you go to church or not, its none of my business.

I use to love Pratt. But yeah, not so much these days. The more he talks, the worse you realize he is. I did not realize he donated to such a church. Ellen Page pointing that out is more then fair game. It is no different then pointing out people being Scientologist.

The dude goes to kids hospitals all the time even recently to play legos with them to bring there spirits up, regardless of his beliefs thats still something I respect the hell out of.

Who cares what religion or church someone goes to? Whether it was portryed as positive on tv or not still isnt her place to shame him for his beliefs. Its ok to disagree or have different beliefs from someone else. I support LGBT and could careless if you go to church or not, its none of my business.
It's totally fair game. Religious belief doesn't exist in a vacuum. It is inextricably linked to your world view, to who you are as a person. It matters.

Last edited:
It's totally fair game. Religious belief doesn't exist in a vacuum. It is inextricably linked to you're world view, to who you are as a person. It matters.

Yup, i hate how people try to dismiss stuff like that.
A person is who they are with everything combined, political views, religious views...everything.

Doesnt matter how much good someone does or how nice they seem, if they believe in a religion and support a religion that activly shames LGBT people or any kind of person...they are ****ty people.

Mike Pence is an excellent example of a "good" Christian who is in every other way an abhorrent person.

I wouldn't even say he's a good Christian considering he's perfectly happy to stand proudly at the right hand of a serial liar and adulterer who pretty much embodies every single one of the seven deadly sins.

Yup, i hate how people try to dismiss stuff like that.
A person is who they are with everything combined, political views, religious views...everything.

Doesnt matter how much good someone does or how nice they seem, if they believe in a religion and support a religion that activly shames LGBT people or any kind of person...they are ****ty people.

So Im a ****ty person? Because of political or religious beliefs Im automatically lumped as ****ty? Just ignore the rest of my life I guess

It's totally fair game. Religious belief doesn't exist in a vacuum. It is inextricably linked to your world view, to who you are as a person. It matters.

It matters but it doesnt define you, thats very narrow minded to assume anyone who goes to a certain church or certain religion is automatically likenthe rest. I go tonthe same church that doesnt recognize same sex marriage or lgbt but that doesnt mean I %100 agree with them. I go to talk to god and pray then leave, the rest is just noise

I wouldn't even say he's a good Christian considering he's perfectly happy to stand proudly at the right hand of a serial liar and adulterer who pretty much embodies every single one of the seven deadly sins.
Yeah but so are so many other conservative christians who not only voted for him but did so even after all the anti-christian things he has done. He is more than willing to ban abortion (something that only became an issue for Evangelicals in the late 1970's), attack his (and by extension, their) opponents with vicious lies and childish name calling and try to rid the country of all the non-white people. And most important to this topic, he wants to ban transgender troops and if he can figure it out, probably make same-sex marriage illegal again. He is everything they should be against but everything they really support.

edit: If you are a Christian but not one of these two-faced ones, it does not apply to you. There are plenty of actual decent Christian people in the world but the ones who use it as an excuse to hate are not among them.

Last edited:
Yeah but so are so many other conservative christians who not only voted for him but did so even after all the anti-christian things he has done. He is more than willing to ban abortion (something that only became an issue for Evangelicals in the late 1970's), attack his (and by extension, their) opponents with vicious lies and childish name calling and try to rid the country of all the non-white people. And most important to this topic, he wants to ban transgender troops and if he can figure it out, probably make same-sex marriage illegal again. He is everything they should be against but everything they really support.

And what I said about Pence goes for them too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"