Discussion: General Election 2024

963949cd-d874-4008-bbdf-2b0f21c6d6cc_text.gif

I find the debate preparation by each candidate indicative of their character and general approach to everything. Whether you like Biden or Trump, the differences couldn't be more stark. I think of the preparation for the debate as preparation for a test. On one hand you've got a guy who sits down (while holding a full time job) and prepares for eventualities, possibilities, brushes up on details, and goes over issues that may arise. Oh the other hand, you have someone who says "everything in my life has prepared me for this debate" and brushes off the importance of details.

Preparation by anyone is important. Biden clearly understands this and takes a disciplined approach to things. This is in complete contrast to Trump's complete and utter lack of discipline. IMO, this stems from his narcissism and god complex. He's so convinced he's above all of this that he doesn't need to take the time to prepare.

Now, could Trump come off better in the debate? Sure, but all things being equal, preparation and discipline win out.

I find the debate preparation by each candidate indicative of their character and general approach to everything. Whether you like Biden or Trump, the differences couldn't be more stark. I think of the preparation for the debate as preparation for a test. On one hand you've got a guy who sits down (while holding a full time job) and prepares for eventualities, possibilities, brushes up on details, and goes over issues that may arise. Oh the other hand, you have someone who says "everything in my life has prepared me for this debate" and brushes off the importance of details.

Preparation by anyone is important. Biden clearly understands this and takes a disciplined approach to things. This is in complete contrast to Trump's complete and utter lack of discipline. IMO, this stems from his narcissism and god complex. He's so convinced he's above all of this that he doesn't need to take the time to prepare.

Now, could Trump come off better in the debate? Sure, but all things being equal, preparation and discipline win out.
I'm hoping Trump wings it so badly he bombs out. I fail to see how all of his hate crap and woe is me, is going to defeat Biden explaining his plans.

I'm hoping Trump wings it so badly he bombs out. I fail to see how all of his hate crap and woe is me, is going to defeat Biden explaining his plans.

It’s going to be exactly like the debates were for 2020. Trump going crazy.

It’s going to be exactly like the debates were for 2020. Trump going crazy.
I suspect he'll dial it back.....or at least try to do so. If his lack of information doesn't work for him, I suspect outright lies and, if that fails, attempts at bullying.

I suspect he'll dial it back.....or at least try to do so. If his lack of information doesn't work for him, I suspect outright lies and, if that fails, attempts at bullying.

Can he dial it back especially when going up against someone? I don’t think he’s capable of it even if he tried.

I’m pretty sure continuously needing to be given gag orders wasn’t by choice. That’s just his normal temperament that he can’t control.

Can he dial it back especially when going up against someone? I don’t think he’s capable of it even if he tried.

I’m pretty sure continuously needing to be given gag orders wasn’t by choice. That’s just his normal temperament that he can’t control.
Well brother......we're gonna see.

Gonna bring the popcorn. :D

Definitely not gonna tune in to see Trump go ballistic. His voice is like scratching on a chalk board to my ears. Unsure why I get a physical reaction like that, but it’s unnerving. Like a really eerie sixth or spidey sense.

Definitely not gonna tune in to see Trump go ballistic. His voice is like scratching on a chalk board to my ears. Unsure why I get a physical reaction like that, but it’s unnerving. Like a really eerie sixth or spidey sense.
I'm the same way with him. I'll probably keep the volume down and the subtitles on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"