• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Discussion: General Election 2024

Paul Campos has coined the term the “Ariana Grande Theory of Politics” by pointing out that most people who don’t follow politics know about as much politics as the average older person knows about pop music. I mean, I know Ariana Grande exists and is a singer, but that’s about it. That’s her in the photo above. I couldn’t pick her out of a lineup, and I certainly couldn’t name any of her songs. (And I do like a bunch of music created in the current century, but I don’t listen to what I assume is her genre, modern pop.)

Anyway, if you don’t think Campos is right, here are the dismal results of a Guardian poll:

• 55% believe the economy is shrinking, and 56% think the US is experiencing a recession, though the broadest measure of the economy, gross domestic product (GDP), has been growing.
  • 49% believe the S&P 500 stock market index is down for the year, though the index went up about 24% in 2023 and is up more than 12% this year.
  • 49% believe that unemployment is at a 50-year high, though the unemployment rate has been under 4%, a near 50-year low.

Last edited:
It'll be interesting to me to see whether or not a guilty verdict helps or hurts Trump.

For some people, the justice system is fair and impartial. But others see it as biased and a tool of lawfare.

I personally suspect that a guilty verdict would help his campaign, particularly with the poor and with minorities. People who have been oppressed by the (in)-justice system will then relate more to Trump.

During Shanahan's marriage to Brin, she partied with Silicon Valley's upper echelon and used recreational drugs, including taking ketamine and cocaine, the Times reported, citing eight sources as well as documents the publication viewed. Ketamine is a "dissociative anesthetic" that can have some hallucinogenic effects, according to the Drug Enforcement Administration. Ketamine can be legally prescribed under federal law and recent research indicates it could be used to treat depression, but it's also a popular party drug.
The outlet said documents showed that "at a party in early 2021 in Miami, Ms. Shanahan was so intoxicated by drugs and alcohol that she required an IV infusion."
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.’s running mate, Nicole Shanahan, frequented the Silicon Valley party circuit while married to Google founder Sergey Brin and was known to use cocaine, ketamine, and psychedelics, according to a new report in The New York Times.

The story, which follows an investigative profile on Shanahan published by The Daily Beast earlier this month, also alleged that Shanahan threatened to harm herself while negotiating her two divorces—one from Brin and the other from a tech investor who divorced her after 27 days in 2014 after discovering that she and Brin were having an affair.

Last edited:
Last edited:

Does it matter when most of the Republican money was spent on Trump's legal fees?
Depends on whether or not the trials are actually the best campaign spending the Trump campaign could ever buy.

2019:

Last edited:

2019:

If this despicable human being regains office, we are so screwed. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"