Discussion: LGBTQ+ Rights XVI - Part 6

There comes a point when ignorance is no longer an excuse. When people tell you you are being hurtful, and you not only ignore it, but double down, yeah, it ceases to be an excuse.
I will never be over the deep lack of self-reflection it takes to get millions and millions to do Netflix specials where you yell bargain bin, front page of reddit transphobia and then looking at a bunch of kids criticizing you for it and saying "you are tools of oppressors!" Why are so many of the far right big fans of you now, Dave?
Shocked the guy who was acting disgusted at the mere idea of LGBTQ+ Supreme Court Justices in 2003 and saying
"All rise for honourable justice chick with dick."
to the roarous applause of liberals of the time maybe isn't a great judge of this.
It took most/all of the staff to call in "sick" to make First Ave do this. One of my friends works there... even though they did this, I'm still frustrated that First Ave initially booked this transphobe idiot.
Round of applause for those staff members, **** Dave Chappelle.

There comes a point when ignorance is no longer an excuse. When people tell you you are being hurtful, and you not only ignore it, but double down, yeah, it ceases to be an excuse.
Yep. Because at that point, it's intentional.

I liked Chappelle and Stewart but these days I won't even pretend to defend them. Comedy is meant to be punching up, not down, but neither of them seem to remember that anymore.

As far as I am aware PetSmart is actually a fairly decent company. Good on them to not let this bull**** go on in their stores.

Chappelle has fallen so far. He has lost his way with this. Of all people a black comedian should know the power of words on a minority and yet he seems to take joy in punching down on transgender and gay people.

I remember his "I have a transgender friend so it's okay" defense, apparently missing the literal "I have a black friend so it's okay" defense someone making a racist joke would say.

I remember he had some kind of breakdown after Comedy Central paid him all that money and he disappeared for a while and definitely not for the better in his return.

CBC News - Dave Chappelle: 'I Wasn't Crazy'

The provocative comedian denied reports that his mysterious departure was caused by mental or drug problems. But he told Winfrey that other people were trying to get him to take psychotic medication when he decided to leave the show and country, without telling anyone except his brother before he left.

It's no excuse for what he is now.

He's definitely an ******e letting his flag fly.

Last edited:

Its cute that she thinks we we thought the GOP were actually going to help pass the gay marriage law.

I look forward to my clown car of GOP gubernatorial candidates reactions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"