Discussion: LGBTQ+ Rights XVI - Part 6

I think that flag is in Manchester United colors.
How dare you? I mean you aren't wrong, but how dare you? Do you want to make Fred cry?

VVhSJBv.gif

No, no, you just don't get it. She's actually a hero on the front lines trying to stop a secret conversion therapy plot. Actual thing she's trying to spin it as.
She has many Trans friends, a community she supports by the way. Someone finally watched Hamilton, and took Non-Stop a bit too literally...

I completely dislike her at this point. Her playbook is the kind of obvious that' the idea that she isn't a bigot is a complete fabrication. Like Trump and his racism. If someone defends her now I consider them either completely delusional or simply a bigot.

No, no, you just don't get it. She's actually a hero on the front lines trying to stop a secret conversion therapy plot. Actual thing she's trying to spin it as.
She's trying to protect these children who are being fed propoganda to change their gender by pro trans activists who are ignoring the medical dangers. Yep sounds like she found her new hustle.

She's trying to protect these children who are being fed propoganda to change their gender by pro trans activists who are ignoring the medical dangers. Yep sounds like she found her new hustle.
Not just that, but a shadowy cabal of doctors who are forcing them into it because they want to sterilize gay people. And, as we know, there are no gay trans people.

Not just that, but a shadowy cabal of doctors who are forcing them into it because they want to sterilize gay people. And, as we know, there are no gay trans people.
Don't forget the autistic children they are preying on, who couldn't possibly be trans.

According to the TERF, she believes trans people exist. But the proceeds to tell you all the reasons why people aren't really trans, how medical professionals are "turning people trans" and even if they are, she still doesn't see them as valid.

I wonder if Scholastic and Bloomsbury publishing will cancel their contracts with her.

I absolutely hate that because of her bigotry more than a few parents will refuse to introduce their kids to the world of Harry Potter. Why cant she just keep her damn mouth shut and her fingers off the keyboard?!:wall:

Last edited:
I wonder if Scholastic and Bloomsbury publishing will cancel their contracts with her.

I absolutely hate that because of her bigotry more than a few parents will refuse to introduce their kids to the world of Harry Potter. Why cant she just keep her damn mouth shut and her fingers off the keyboard?!:wall:
No one is cancelling anything with her. It's all worth way too much money. And while I basically hate her at this point, there really is no point. Someone else would pick up the rights instantly.

Quick poll what should be the legal age for someone to start transition?

No one is cancelling anything with her. It's all worth way too much money. And while I basically hate her at this point, there really is no point. Someone else would pick up the rights instantly.
Ender's Game sitch?

I think kids should be allowed to be whoever they want to be, but I don’t think people should be officially transitioning before eighteen, partly because young people do go through phases a lot (not calling it a phase in general, but it could be for some young people), and also because teenagers are already wildly hormonal and the therapies involved are gonna alter your hormones a lot.

I think kids should be allowed to be whoever they want to be, but I don’t think people should be officially transitioning before eighteen, partly because young people do go through phases a lot (not calling it a phase in general, but it could be for some young people), and also because teenagers are already wildly hormonal and the therapies involved are gonna alter your hormones a lot.
This seems to be the current guidelines in Britain. At least 12 for puberty blockers and 16 for cross-sex hormones, but only if he have been on blockers for a year at least.

Gender dysphoria - Treatment

I think it is definitely fair to worry about kids being misdiagnosed and that one should be adult before beginning their transition. I also understand why someone who is sure they are transgender wouldn't want to go through puberty before beginning their transition. This isn't necessary a new field in medicine, but it does feel like it is one that is expanding rapidly. Which is why it seems they are reviewing it constantly.

If I remember correctly, I believe 87% of the kids who enter the program over there do not transition. Many who like to fear monger like to use that number to show it all as BS, where I feel pretty confident in saying it is the exact opposite. That to means there is no rush to judgement. There is definitely none of the "trying to convince kids they are trans" idea TERFs throw out, but a genuine attempt to help everyone who comes in to the best of their abilities.

This seems to be the current guidelines in Britain. At least 12 for puberty blockers and 16 for cross-sex hormones, but only if he have been on blockers for a year at least.

Gender dysphoria - Treatment

I think it is definitely fair to worry about kids being misdiagnosed and that one should be adult before beginning their transition. I also understand why someone who is sure they are transgender wouldn't want to go through puberty before beginning their transition. This isn't necessary a new field in medicine, but it does feel like it is one that is expanding rapidly. Which is why it seems they are reviewing it constantly.

If I remember correctly, I believe 87% of the kids who enter the program over there do not transition. Many who like to fear monger like to use that number to show it all as BS, where I feel pretty confident in saying it is the exact opposite. That to means there is no rush to judgement. There is definitely none of the "trying to convince kids they are trans" idea TERFs throw out, but a genuine attempt to help everyone who comes in to the best of their abilities.
My former boss called transitioning body mutilation.

My former boss called transitioning body mutilation.
One of the reasons I have a lot of issue with how the media handles transgender issues in Britain, is how often they just let people on television who are saying crap like that, without any real push back. It leads to the toxic situation over there.

I think it is definitely fair to worry about kids being misdiagnosed and that one should be adult before beginning their transition. I also understand why someone who is sure they are transgender wouldn't want to go through puberty before beginning their transition.

I was thinking exactly that second part, which was why I felt conflicted and had to ponder my answer for a minute about how old I thought people should be before officially transitioning. But I do think it's safer to do it at a more developed age.

Maybe she hasn’t been to the pub in a while. At her age, she’s set in her ways.

From my understanding, is that it isn't a quick process, with fairly good job off points if a realization is made.

Quick poll what should be the legal age for someone to start transition?

Ender's Game sitch?

If a kid wants to dress in the opposite gender's clothes or mix genders help them with that and support them emotionally. If they want to use the opposite gender's pronouns help them with that too. Same for non binary. But surgical body modification and hormonal treatments need to wait. Not just because teens go through psychological phases, but also because the teen's body is already undergoing a crucial, some might say emotionally traumatic, stage of development. Bones, muscles, sexual organs, the brain, it's all altering radically and quickly and constantly during the teenage years. Adding artificial intensive body modifications and heavy hormone therapies on top of that just seems like a bad idea.

So 18 is probably the earliest age I would allow it. If a person can join the military, die for their country, vote for the President of the US, marry, and consent to sex then they should probably be allowed to begin physical transition if they want to. After that we just have to hope they dont regret it later. If they do regret it then support them through that too.

If a kid wants to dress in the opposite gender's clothes or mix genders help them with that and support them emotionally. If they want to use the opposite gender's pronouns help them with that too. Same for non binary. But surgical body modification and hormonal treatments need to wait. Not just because teens go through psychological phases, but also because the teen's body is already undergoing a crucial, some might say emotionally traumatic, stage of development. Bones, muscles, sexual organs, the brain, it's all altering radically and quickly and constantly during the teenage years. Adding intensive body modifications and heavy hormone therapies on top of that just seems like a bad idea.

So 18 is probably the earliest age I would allow it. If a person can join the military, die for their country, vote for the President of the US, marry, and consent to sex then they should probably be allowed to begin physical transition if they want to. After that we just have to hope they dont regret it later. If they do then support them through that too.

Well stated.

If a kid wants to dress in the opposite gender's clothes or mix genders help them with that and support them emotionally. If they want to use the opposite gender's pronouns help them with that too. Same for non binary. But surgical body modification and hormonal treatments need to wait. Not just because teens go through psychological phases, but also because the teen's body is already undergoing a crucial, some might say emotionally traumatic, stage of development. Bones, muscles, sexual organs, the brain, it's all altering radically and quickly and constantly during the teenage years. Adding artificial intensive body modifications and heavy hormone therapies on top of that just seems like a bad idea.

So 18 is probably the earliest age I would allow it. If a person can join the military, die for their country, vote for the President of the US, marry, and consent to sex then they should probably be allowed to begin physical transition if they want to. After that we just have to hope they dont regret it later. If they do regret it then support them through that too.
But this is exactly why someone who is transgender would want to transition before or during puberty. Because going through puberty alters your body dramatically. I am not a big fan of the conversation about transgender athletes because I feel like it lacks all nuance for the vast majority on both sides of the argument, but it is a good example here. Puberty changes your body in ways that cannot be undone.

In terms of safety and treatment. I understand out of the gate being worried about what the medication may or may not do. But most if not all the medication used here are used on non-transgender kids who might have a medical problem. Those who may have precocious puberty or other growth issues. So these aren't medical treatments that have no safety guidelines or some sort of track record.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"